winch for trailer
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

winch for trailer

I have posted up a lot of questions and started a lot of projects but it seems like i dont ever post up when they are done or close. so here is a winch I mounted up for my rod trailer I still need to make a cable guide but it sure takes the labor out of the heavier stuff I changed the drum to a larger diameter was 4" changed it to an 8 and I still need to change the hydraulic motor to speed it up more. but it works. the power is one of those predater 13 horse engines with electric start running a 2 speed pump. I also really cheated I put a hydraulic jack on this thing now unhooking with even 6000 lbs on the neck is easy. here is some photos.
    over look the mess its fresh in from a job. goes out clean comes back dirty
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Re: winch for trailer

and one of these days Im going to learn to paint. haven't got that figured out yet keep thinking of things to change and it never gets painted
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    and one of these days Im going to learn to paint. haven't got that figured out yet keep thinking of things to change and it never gets painted
    well, just make sure you take the packing list off before you paint it! Oddly enough, just today I found some paint peeling of a k-member... it was the back of a packing slip envelope..

That is one nifty jack. I didn't know they could be powered that way.

here is a link https://northernhydraulics.net/catal...cks-467-1.html I can't build it for that just to replace my 2 crank jacks would be close to that price

Looks like a nice project. Considering a trailer soon so I'm up for any write up.