SA200 New Radiator
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

SA200 New Radiator

I see new radiators for SA200's all over the place online. Price seems to range from $204 to about $360. They all look alike. Who should I stay away from? I'm getting to closer to 1st start on my restoration. Also, what about the mounting of the radiator....the holes in the chassis are way bigger than the mounting studs, yet I can't find a "Lincoln Part No." for rubber pads/grommets, bushings/mounts...etc.

What do you guys do...?

Thanks again...

Re: SA200 New Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
    I see new radiators for SA200's all over the place online. Price seems to range from $204 to about $360. They all look alike. Who should I stay away from? I'm getting to closer to 1st start on my restoration. Also, what about the mounting of the radiator....the holes in the chassis are way bigger than the mounting studs, yet I can't find a "Lincoln Part No." for rubber pads/grommets, bushings/mounts...etc.

What do you guys do...?

Thanks again...
    Try to get the Radiator that's the Copper version like the original. I bought the aluminum version that was tig welded together and very sturdy, but the notches that Lock the cap onto the filler neck were opposite of the original and had to cut one of the ears off of the cap, so that the cap cover of the grill would close over it. Another thing I had to do is cut the spacer bushings down inside the grill because the total width of the Radiator is about 3/4" wider than the original, and was way to tight to fit and line the bolt holes up for proper alignment with the fan shroud in place.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    SA 200s : 1944 1963 1965 1969 1980 1982
    1981 SA 250 D3.152 DC only
    2004 Ranger 10,000
    Lincoln Pro Mig 135
    Miller Load Bank
    Hobart GPB 258 Pipeliner
    Hobart GPB 261 Mainliner
    Hobart Airforce 250
    Everlast PA 200st

Re: SA200 New Radiator

I'm almost half-$$ed ready to take stab at repairing my original....it doesn't leak, it's the soldered on brackets that are in bad shape.