Everlast PowerTIG 200DV Problem welding
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Everlast PowerTIG 200DV Problem welding

Hey guys i am having issues after having my welder for over 2 years it started acting up and will not weld but it does. It acts as if there is no ground.
    All cables are connected and i have a good power source.

attached is a photo of what i am getting no puddle or anything.
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  122.8 KB

Re: Everlast PowerTIG 200DV Problem welding

I've gone through the same sort of thing with my Thermal Arc 201TS. I could strike an arc in either TIG or Stick mode but no useful current would flow, particularly if the current was set below about 80 amps. When the trouble first started I would blow out dust and crap with compressed air which often would return it to normal. Sometimes it would just fix itself overnight. As time went on though, the problem got worse and I finally ended up taking the welder apart and cleaning each and every multi-pin connector I could find as well as re-soldering an internal board ground connection that looked a bit "cold." So far, it's been much better although yesterday it started up its "act" again. While holding a stick welding arc, I ran the current control up and down and everything straightened out. I suspect I may be looking at replacing the control board that has the current control potentiometer on it. I'm not saying this is your issue as well but it's something you might look at.

Send it in for warranty evaluation. Looks like start amps only.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Can you lift start or scratch it to get an arc? If so, then you need to adjust or clean the points.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT