Stainless lunchbox build - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bossier Parish La.
    Posts
    5,783

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    These are some nice comments, thanks.
    What's the weight of this contraption with nothing in it? Did you grease the hinges yet?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    PDX PNW
    Posts
    8,564

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Its pretty heavy, and I haven’t greased the hinges besides the grease I put on the parts when putting it together. 25 pounds or so.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bossier Parish La.
    Posts
    5,783

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    If you put 25 pounds of grease in the hinges then you are good to go on that for a few months to a year, then. How much does the box weigh?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Cleaning that grease out of there might be better for knowing when someone is opening it

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    I could open it in a couple of seconds with a small Crescent wrench, a 6" would be sufficient for that flimsy lock, and I carry one of those in my back pocket. An 8" one would be plenty, even for a good Master Lock that would fit on there.
    u do realize the term a good MasterLock is a contradiction

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    ^^ LOL, Ain't that the truth

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    566

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    looks well heavy duty. I take it it's double skinned? have you packed the cavity with insulation or anything?

    Nice work anyway

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bossier Parish La.
    Posts
    5,783

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by andy917 View Post
    u do realize the term a good MasterLock is a contradiction
    That's not a term, merely a brand name.

  9. #34

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    We had a friend that had been a nurse in a mountain town in BC several years ago. She told a story about a doctor that was a notorious food thief. Everyday when he came in to do his rounds he would first go into the nurses station and go through the fridge where they kept their lunches and he would eat whatever he wanted. One day a guy came into the hospital, ( a small place) with a garlic sausage in a condom stuck up his butt. It had gone past his ring. The item was removed and someone had an idea. The nurses put it in the refrigerator and waited for the raider to show up. Sure enough he arrived and as always went to the fridge and proceeded to slice off a big chunk. They waited till he was well into his snack when they alerted the lab with a pre-arranged signal to come and inquire as to the where about the rectally removed item was. The all made sure the doctor heard the conversation He started spewing on the spot. He stayed out of their food after that. Nurses can be twisted. I know having been married to one for 45 years.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    5,069

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by mimac View Post
    We had a friend that had been a nurse in a mountain town in BC several years ago. She told a story about a doctor that was a notorious food thief. Everyday when he came in to do his rounds he would first go into the nurses station and go through the fridge where they kept their lunches and he would eat whatever he wanted. One day a guy came into the hospital, ( a small place) with a garlic sausage in a condom stuck up his butt. It had gone past his ring. The item was removed and someone had an idea. The nurses put it in the refrigerator and waited for the raider to show up. Sure enough he arrived and as always went to the fridge and proceeded to slice off a big chunk. They waited till he was well into his snack when they alerted the lab with a pre-arranged signal to come and inquire as to the where about the rectally removed item was. The all made sure the doctor heard the conversation He started spewing on the spot. He stayed out of their food after that. Nurses can be twisted. I know having been married to one for 45 years.

    outstanding...and laxative in food does just the same...keeps the sticky finger food thieves out of your food...and in the bathroom...

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    509

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Name:  lunch.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  114.2 KB
    ' ' ' ' "Move along, move along, theres nothing to see here, , , ,"

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    LOL!!!, from what I've heard them friskies ain't too bad

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bossier Parish La.
    Posts
    5,783

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    LOL!!!, from what I've heard them friskies ain't too bad
    Specially with the shredded cheese on there.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pitman PA
    Posts
    325

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    I was 20 something and just started this job at a coal mine driving gangway. This old boy from over the other side the mountain I worked with used to bum a cup of coffee or 2, ask (at first anyway) to eat whatever was left in my lunch kettle, drink some of my water and bum chew tobacca all day long. I used to chew 3 pack of Red Man on my own, in about 4 weeks I was bringing 6 pack of Red Man a day and it would be all gone, and it got to the point he would just start helping hisself to my food my water and worst of all my coffee. Don't mess with my coffee. My wife ask me one day you cant be chewin 6 pack of Red Man a day. I told her no Dunmoyer bums a lot. She said I don't mind getting 3 cartons of chew for you but ill be damned if Im pickin up chew for Dunmoyer.

    So I told Dunmoyer to leave my stuff alone, he got awful belligerent about it. Ok I know how I will fix this ****. Next day I was loading the shot at the face, Dunmoyer is out at the timber pile rootin around for some good breast props for the fellas up the pitch, I figerred id put a chew in, before I did that I opened my britches and pulled the little guy out and made it look like I was rubbin the little fella in the chew, and I made sure the old bastard saw it. 30 seconds later the old fart is pukin in the ditch, when he empties out he comes in ravin mad and says Popeye you sonofabitch mother f*&^er A*&hole you been jackin off in that chew all this time. NaaaaaH I said I just rub the little guy in it once in awhile, it feels good. We get outside the boss calls me in the office...what the hell did you to Old Dunmoyer? I told him what been goin on and how I corrected it, boss laughed so hard the tears were rollin his glasses fell off his face, he is stomping his feet, slappin his knees the whole bit. Well he says I don't think you need to worry about that no more.

    Dunmoyer never bummed a chew drank any coffee or ate any of my food after that
    Last edited by Popeye an old miner; 09-28-2019 at 08:14 PM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I can't stop laughing

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    136

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    That is funny Popeye!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,674

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    I was 20 something and just started this job at a coal mine driving gangway. This old boy from over the other side the mountain I worked with used to bum a cup of coffee or 2, ask (at first anyway) to eat whatever was left in my lunch kettle, drink some of my water and bum chew tobacca all day long. I used to chew 3 pack of Red Man on my own, in about 4 weeks I was bringing 6 pack of Red Man a day and it would be all gone, and it got to the point he would just start helping hisself to my food my water and worst of all my coffee. Don't mess with my coffee. My wife ask me one day you cant be chewin 6 pack of Red Man a day. I told her no Dunmoyer bums a lot. She said I don't mind getting 3 cartons of chew for you but ill be damned if Im pickin up chew for Dunmoyer.

    So I told Dunmoyer to leave my stuff alone, he got awful belligerent about it. Ok I know how I will fix this ****. Next day I was loading the shot at the face, Dunmoyer is out at the timber pile rootin around for some good breast props for the fellas up the pitch, I figerred id put a chew in, before I did that I opened my britches and pulled the little guy out and made it look like I was rubbin the little fella in the chew, and I made sure the old bastard saw it. 30 seconds later the old fart is pukin in the ditch, when he empties out he comes in ravin mad and says Popeye you sonofabitch mother f*&^er A*&hole you been jackin off in that chew all this time. NaaaaaH I said I just rub the little guy in it once in awhile, it feels good. We get outside the boss calls me in the office...what the hell did you to Old Dunmoyer? I told him what been goin on and how I corrected it, boss laughed so hard the tears were rollin his glasses fell off his face, he is stomping his feet, slappin his knees the whole bit. Well he says I don't think you need to worry about that no more.

    Dunmoyer never bummed a chew drank any coffee or ate any of my food after that
    POM; good job. i knew you wasn't anyone's maytag.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Posts
    5,006

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Yall didn't learn this from me. Cut up pop cans work well.

    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    I only have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    4,085

    Re: Stainless lunchbox build

    Just go through all of 'lockpickinglawyer's videos on YT if you really want to 'learn'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement