Dry cut saws recommendations - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Dry cut saws recommendations

I stumbled on this thread as I was looking to purchase a dry cut saw. After reading it, i have ordered the Makita LC1230. We will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kize View Post
    I stumbled on this thread as I was looking to purchase a dry cut saw. After reading it, i have ordered the Makita LC1230. We will see how it goes.
    I have the Makita LC1230. Good saw. Support your work well, preferably on both sides of the blade if you can. It doesn't like thick metal at all, remember that you could ruin a $60 blade in seconds, so take it easy when cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX TIGRunner
    Fronius Transsteel 2200

Quote Originally Posted by precivilization View Post
    I have the Makita LC1230. Good saw. Support your work well, preferably on both sides of the blade if you can. It doesn't like thick metal at all, remember that you could ruin a $60 blade in seconds, so take it easy when cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to hear. I have a band saw for the thick stuff. And Ive been using an abrasive saw for the thin stuff- Just don't like the huge mess and uneven cuts it creates.

Love my Fein/Slugger 14”. Haven’t touched the abrasive chop saw since I got it and I’m using it a lot more than the Wells bandsaw but happy to have both.