Tractor Pull
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Tractor Pull

Tractor Pull

We had our annual tractor pull FBO the Volunteer Fire Company. Thank you to the Abbott family who let us use their land, and some nice equipment.

A few of the big tractors didn't make it. I pulled 13 770LB blocks and 1200 LB boat with my 1940 Farmall M Seth pulled 6 more than me with his M. Name:  30 blocks.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  189.1 KBfull pullI don't yet have a picture. Nobody moved the full 30 blocks, so I hitched with the Dresser TD7G. 24300 LBS with a 14600 LB tractor.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Re: Tractor Pull

Cool.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

My neighbor does the same thing, but with Oxen. They don't pull that much weight, but the competition set up is pretty much the same. At the local fair they use an excavator arm to reset the sled
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    My neighbor does the same thing, but with Oxen. They don't pull that much weight, but the competition set up is pretty much the same. At the local fair they use an excavator arm to reset the sled
    Always used my Case backhoe before. From sheer practice, I can smoothly set blocks on the sled, or a truck. Anybody else climbs on my antique, somebody loses a finger! This year Abbotts bought a new 13000 LB New Holland excavator. I wouldn't have imagined how easy it is to be smooth with these new machines! I'm about $79900. short of pulling the trigger, and buying one.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Very cool Bill.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

It is nice. All the old timers show up, some bring their tractors. We're pretty rigid on safety rules with big or modified tractors, very lax with smaller. We had three Farmall Cubs this year. All Cubs pull the empty 1200 LB boat. Most handle the boat with 1 block (770), none handle two blocks. We improvised with a couple lard assed (bigger'n me) passengers. I estimate an extra 550. Made for a good photo opportunity. Plenty of tractors wouldn't get a dust off except this day, including mine.

I like to wander, and listen to the reminiscences of the retired farmers. I live in Mount Tabor, lots of history but nearly no privately held land. Next town is Danby the towns are conjoined. In my youth there were 70 farms shipping milk. My father and I worked for almost all of them. Now there are 3. Some of those farmers are still alive. For them it is an outing, a social occasion.

Me, I love both facets; machines, and individuals. The involvement of all 6 Beauregards, and several friends makes several days work worth it.

That sounds like good times Willie. Sure wish I had that kind of lifestylle growing up.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Name:  IMG_1935.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  109.8 KB

Cool sled... I like it. I remember some of the first antique tractor pulls I attended in the 60's where the load on the sled was determined by the number of men that jumped on. We've progressed a little since then.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Les