AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

wrong section sorry - AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect

Is the AHP gas hose a standard size? 3/16? I see there are a number threads pertaining to 201dx gas hose issues and I want to eliminate the cheesy quick connect gas fitting at the front of the machine and put on a 5/8-18 threaded inert gas fitting like the Miller DX et al use. I see it as a potential source for leaks and I am getting grey stainless welds and want to ensure it isn't a leak issue.. I realize there are a hundred other factors but want to address the leaks issue for certain. Working to get a portable flowmeter for the torch head as well.

Sorry - this is in the wrong section, can't delete
    Last edited by KevinF; 11-07-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Wrong section

Re: wrong section sorry - AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect

It’s a quick disconnect fitting, 9mm I think. Most new machines all use this connector. It’s called a QDGAP connector.

I used the adaptor to fit a universal WP26 torch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    Is the AHP gas hose a standard size? 3/16? I see there are a number threads pertaining to 201dx gas hose issues and I want to eliminate the cheesy quick connect gas fitting at the front of the machine and put on a 5/8-18 threaded inert gas fitting like the Miller DX et al use. I see it as a potential source for leaks and I am getting grey stainless welds and want to ensure it isn't a leak issue.. I realize there are a hundred other factors but want to address the leaks issue for certain. Working to get a portable flowmeter for the torch head as well.

Sorry - this is in the wrong section, can't delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Somogyi View Post
    It’s a quick disconnect fitting, 9mm I think. Most new machines all use this connector. It’s called a QDGAP connector.

I used the adaptor to fit a universal WP26 torch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It doesn't sound like he's looking for an adapter, but rather a way to get rid of the quick disconnect and replace it with a threaded fitting.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Millermatic 251
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Miller Dialarc 250
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Quote Originally Posted by G-ManBart View Post
    It doesn't sound like he's looking for an adapter, but rather a way to get rid of the quick disconnect and replace it with a threaded fitting.
    The adaptor adapts the quick disconnect plug on the welder to a threaded fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Somogyi View Post
    The adaptor adapts the quick disconnect plug on the welder to a threaded fitting

That won't get rid of the quick connect ? A adapter is not the answer when he wants to eliminate the quick connect altogether.

He is looking for the panel mount standard bulkhead fitting for 5/8-18 thread gas line.

Western AW15A is a 1/4" pipe to inert gas right hand 5/8-18 but what you really want is the same thing in a bulkhead style.
    Last edited by danielplace; Yesterday at 08:19 AM.

Re: AHP 201dx gas hose quick connect

Use this part along with a 1/4" pipe to barb fitting for the hose on the backside and use that fitting to retain the part in the front panel.

https://www.amazon.com/Welding-Fitti...JD1SC2TG3X69HK