Miller TB302 diesel no PWR
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Miller TB302 diesel no PWR

Hello all,

I am looking for some assistance troubleshooting our Miller TB302 S/N MB150014M. 1250hrs

We have lost all power output, no 110/220v and no power to the welding outputs. If I start the machine there is power to the 110v (haven’t tried the other but I assume) for about 30 seconds before it stops generating power. This is usually followed with The HLP001 diagnostic code.

I don’t believe it he machine was boosted or had a power surge etc. Most of the reading I have done points towards the PC1 or PC2 boards, I inspected both but no visible burns etc. I am fine with purchasing the boards but would really like to be sure I’m headed in the right direction and which board, any advice?

Thanks

Dan

Re: Miller TB302 diesel no PWR

Dan,
    Welcome to the board.
    I have a propane 302 that I purchased with no output.
    My PC1 board had obvious blown components so trouble shooting was easier.
    Mine had no AC output or codes so you may have another issue.
    I would recommend contacting Miller tech support. They were very helpful and gave me some assurance as I worked thru the repair.
    I was lucky that only PC1 was bad. Sometimes it's 1 & 2.
    Innovat Corp repaired my board and I've been very satisfied with their work.
    Good luck and keep us posted with what you find.
    Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by KC51 View Post
    Dan,
    Welcome to the board.
    I have a propane 302 that I purchased with no output.
    My PC1 board had obvious blown components so trouble shooting was easier.
    Mine had no AC output or codes so you may have another issue.
    I would recommend contacting Miller tech support. They were very helpful and gave me some assurance as I worked thru the repair.
    I was lucky that only PC1 was bad. Sometimes it's 1 & 2.
    Innovat Corp repaired my board and I've been very satisfied with their work.
    Good luck and keep us posted with what you find.
    Kirby
    Thank you for the reply Kirby, yes I have been speaking with Tech support, sadly I’m trying to troubleshoot in the Bush in the evening after work in the -20C, if I can get it started tomorrow I’ll check what the contractor output power is (their suggestion) and go from there.

Ok so had a chance to look at it again, I through it all back together and voila 110v power, I figured good as new but iI better try welding, as soon as I connected the contactor the machine reved up and back came HLP 001. I did not see any power at the contactor at machine start up.