Going to check out this powerstroke today. What do you think? - Page 6
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Going to check out this powerstroke today. What do you think?

Lol!!

In one stroke, ya cut the resale value by 50%. Maybe more...…………..you're totally messing this truck up from top to bottom. That's hard earned money sitting there on the pavement.

Not a hater man. I'm just giving you the benefit of my mistakes over the years. I did the Cherry Bomb thing when I was a kid (yeah, you're a kid compared to me) Name:  itsok.gif
Views: 69
Size:  1.3 KB

We have legal open carry in this state now. Scares the crap outta me. K'kins has a temper.

She hates trucks that spit out a cloud of smoke when accelerating. She usually pulls up next to them, and flips them off, and hollers something. I keep telling her that it's dangerous now that everybody can legally carry a gun in the car/truck. She gives me a wink...……………"So???????????? I got my own!" She's a feisty ol' gal. Hard for me to keep up with her sometimes.

Oh Sam.... you're just jealous cause K'kins won't let you do that to your truck.

Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    I'm not gonna inquire about why you choked down the end of the exhaust!
    Mike
    thats a new winter tire deicer design...................

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    Well I think the Exhaust makes the truck drive a lot better and seems to have a lot more power. Hot pretty hard from 2500-2700. Seemed like it wasn’t out of steam ether. Kinda close to the tire. Hits the outside corner of the tire, I checked on it after about 15 miles. The tire was little warmer on the outside corner of tire but not hot. Not really much loader, maybe 15% louder. Attachment 1708073im planning on chopping off the other exhaust component up further towards the engine
    why dont you use a tip like this without it necked down, and it will blow exhaust away from tire.....

Name:  gggggg.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  25.3 KB

Going to check out this powerstroke today. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    why dont you use a tip like this ]
    Or better yet why don’t you tuck the exhaust up tighter to the frame and kick it out the side ???

Right now it looks like every other hood rat with a coffee can muffler hanging off the back of their Honda Civic....

There’s really no difference.

Especially for a guy who is trying to sell firewood/ delivering etc.

Presentation goes along way.

But maybe you are into that ghetto thing...

Who knows.

Good advice falls Deaf on young ears sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    why dont you use a tip like this without it necked down, and it will blow exhaust away from tire.....

Name:  gggggg.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  25.3 KB
    The necked down tip will make it a little more quite. That one will still blow the exhaust straight out that your showing. I might do some modifying to it but works perfectly right now. I can unbolt it and change it anytime

Moto, that muffler delete looks ghetto. All you needed to delete muffler was a piece of pipe same diameter as ford pipe and same length of muffler. I would think the step down would hinder exhaust temps and the purpose of muffler delete is to lower exhaust temps. No?

The necked down tip will make it a little more quite.
    Huh? How so?

I did this on my motorcycle and made the hole even smaller in the back and kept cutting it up bigger and it got louder and louder. It’s not much louder with the muffler chopped off and I even made it shorter on the truck which will make it louder I think

V-8 Turbo diesel is not a motorcycle. By necking the outlet down you just recreated the backpressure that taking off the muffler was supposed to fix. You are trying to jump into this "Performance" thing way faster than you should be. And I don't trust a thing your "diesel buddy" tells you. When he's been working on big trucks for 40 years get back to him.

When I was a kid, I was told that reducing back pressure could warp your valves. Dunno if that's true, but I finally got wise, and just ran with a regular muffler less the tailpipe.

Nowdays, I can't stand any kind of loud exhaust. Drives me nutz. I don't care if I do lose a little power.

K'kins has a thing about those doods that chip their diesels so's they smoke like a barnful of hay burning, and I got a thing about loud exhaust.

I wear earplugs on the tractors, and when driving the Detroit. Just can't take that loud noise anymore.

The valve warping thing is from cold air being able to circle back inside and get them valves... would happen if you had too short or no exhaust pipe... or leaky exhaust manifold gasket in some cases..

Motorcycles especially 2strokes are designed to need backpressure to run correctly.... completely different from a diesel motor that needs unrestricted airflow to maximize it's potential

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    When I was a kid, I was told that reducing back pressure could warp your valves. Dunno if that's true, but I finally got wise, and just ran with a regular muffler less the tailpipe.

Nowdays, I can't stand any kind of loud exhaust. Drives me nutz. I don't care if I do lose a little power.

K'kins has a thing about those doods that chip their diesels so's they smoke like a barnful of hay burning, and I got a thing about loud exhaust.

I wear earplugs on the tractors, and when driving the Detroit. Just can't take that loud noise anymore.
    Reducing backpressure on a turbo diesel allows the turbo to do its job better.

My girlfriend says she couldn’t hear much difference when she was in the truck just now and she has super good ears. A guy a work said he thought it was a touch louder. I’m happy with it and that’s all that matters to me. Might fine tune it when I get some time

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    The valve warping thing is from cold air being able to circle back inside and get them valves... would happen if you had too short or no exhaust pipe... or leaky exhaust manifold gasket in some cases..

Motorcycles especially 2strokes are designed to need backpressure to run correctly.... completely different from a diesel motor that needs unrestricted airflow to maximize it's potential
    Actually a 2 stroke like a motorcycle or snowmobile needs that backpressure timed to pulse with the engine. Rotax and high altitude pipe?

My girlfriend says she couldn’t hear much difference when she was in the truck just now and she has super good ears. A guy a work said he thought it was a touch louder. I’m happy with it and that’s all that matters to me. Might fine tune it when I get some time
    It's probably a little louder, unless you have done some healthy mods to it you won't notice much more noise.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Usually you can make the noise all but disappear with bigger woofers and a healthy amp...