New to the WeldingWeb forum
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New to the WeldingWeb forum

Hi, I've been welding since I was 15 and although it's hard for me to believe, that's 40 years now. I did TIG welding of sanitary process piping and fabrication of polished stainless steel equipment for many years. I also did quite a bit of pipe welding years ago with 6010 and 7018. Most of my experience is with TIG and stick. I have a business now that's almost 4 years old specializing in rebuilding and repairing industrial mixing equipment and we're getting into more MIG welding. I have all older equipment. Right now I'm looking for a 1/16" V-groove drive roll to fit a Linde SWM-23 or a MIG-35 wire feeder. The roll is about 2" in dia. and 1" wide with a 5/8" bore with a keyway. The center is plastic. I believe the part number is 2075299. Should I also create a separate post with this question? If so, where should I post it? I joined the Miller forum a couple days ago and asked this question but haven't gotten any responses yet. Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    Lincoln DC 250 MK, Hobart MB 304, Miller Dialarc 250 HF, Syncrowave 300, 330 A/BP, Goldstar 300SS, SR-300, Maxstar 91, 140, 152, Westinghouse FlexArc 300 AC, 200 amp w/spool gun, Linde SVI 400, 450 pulse, SWM-23 & Mig 35 feeders, Cobramatic feeder

Re: New to the WeldingWeb forum

Welcome! You might try the "other" manufacturers sub-forum also. Check on Amazon & ebay too.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Thanks for the welcome. I've tried ebay but never thought to try Amazon. I'll check it out. I like older welding equipment and I noticed you have a Midstates welder. Is it the one with the cable sockets arranged in a big "M" on the front? I saw one like that once and thought it was pretty cool.
    Lincoln DC 250 MK, Hobart MB 304, Miller Dialarc 250 HF, Syncrowave 300, 330 A/BP, Goldstar 300SS, SR-300, Maxstar 91, 140, 152, Westinghouse FlexArc 300 AC, 200 amp w/spool gun, Linde SVI 400, 450 pulse, SWM-23 & Mig 35 feeders, Cobramatic feeder

Yep, that's the one I have, the "missing link" is gone, but the machine is a beast 100% duty cycle at 300 amps, AC machine but it has got to be the smoothest AC machine I have used, it's more of a novelty item for me now.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    RONALD REAGAN

100% duty cycle at 300 amps is no hobby welder! I've seen the "missing link" sitting on top of those welders in photos and would love to have one some day. Some of my welders are more novelties than anything else also!

Those welders were developed for welding ship's hulls and tank building during the 2nd war, they could teach a person to weld & turn em loose, maybe supply a couple of stingers & ground clamps to swap out to let them cool a bit, but beyond that it was go, go, go! Amazingly these machines have no cooling fan, but I guess there's enough copper & asbestos in the transformer & internal wiring/cabling that heat dissipation is a non-issue. I'm not using it much anymore unless it's for some of my drill stem projects & the stem is magnetized. My grandson wants it when my number is up, but he needs to get his act together.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    RONALD REAGAN

I have a Westinghouse AC welder with no fan inside that's rated 300 amps at 40 volts continuous for one hour. That machine also welds real nice with big stick rods. The biggest rods I have are 1/4" 7024, and it runs them with no problem at all. No arc blow to worry about with AC of course. It has dates on the name plates of 1929 and 1930 so it's pretty old but it works great. It's not as cool looking as your welder though.

I love 7024 within its limitations, get it set just right and it scorpion tails the slag and lays a beautiful bead that looks like submerged arc. I have some large 7024 but I think its 7/32, I bought it as salvage where I worked for 7 cents a pound.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Antique-Engine View Post
    Hi, I've been welding since I was 15 and although it's hard for me to believe, that's 40 years now. I did TIG welding of sanitary process piping and fabrication of polished stainless steel equipment for many years. I also did quite a bit of pipe welding years ago with 6010 and 7018. Most of my experience is with TIG and stick. I have a business now that's almost 4 years old specializing in rebuilding and repairing industrial mixing equipment and we're getting into more MIG welding. I have all older equipment. Right now I'm looking for a 1/16" V-groove drive roll to fit a Linde SWM-23 or a MIG-35 wire feeder. The roll is about 2" in dia. and 1" wide with a 5/8" bore with a keyway. The center is plastic. I believe the part number is 2075299. Should I also create a separate post with this question? If so, where should I post it? I joined the Miller forum a couple days ago and asked this question but haven't gotten any responses yet. Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    You are correct on the part number. I see these on the scrap shelves occasionally at distributors in my travels. They were both popular feeders in MN,IA, WI and the Dakotas in the early 80's and later. I remember Linde on the SMW and L-tec on the 35's way back when I ws at a distributor. I'll keep an eye out. You could mention in the ESAB forum. Some old L-Tec Linde guys check in there some times.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Thanks for the reply. If you come across one of these drive rolls, I would be happy to pay you a decent price for it. I didn't know there was an Esab forum, I'll see if I can find it and ask on there.

I think the ESAB forum is a sub-forum here on welding web.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    RONALD REAGAN

Thanks. I found the sub-forum on here yesterday and posted there. I also did a little searching and the only thing I found so far is a forum in the UK. Maybe I'll join that one also.

FYI, I found my drive roll. I decided to start calling a whole bunch of welding suppliers to see if anyone had one of these on their shelf. After quite a few calls I found an Airgas in NJ who told me that he didn't have any, but they showed as being available. He took my number and said he would call Esab and call me back. He got back to me and said that they are still being made and that Esab has lots in stock. So of course I ordered one. I had all this trouble because the local welding supplier told us they looked into it and the drive rolls were obsolete and no longer available.

Well fantastic! I've got a little Chinese machine that I had a hard time finding drive rolls for & finally they showed up on Amazon. It came with a double sided smooth roll, & I wanted a serrated roll in the same size & finally found it, I had checked at my LWS & they just kind of giggled & piped off that it looked like a "Chinese roll", fact is it looked to be of much higher quality than the roll on our Lincoln we had at work, and now those rolls are being used in some of the American machines.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    RONALD REAGAN

That's great. I'm glad you found your drive roll.

welcome to the forum and please post photos of your projects. always glad to see different projects!!!
    lincoln 125sp
    monkey wards 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    of course duramax diesel

Thank you