Welding magazine on-line
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding magazine on-line

The first issue of Penton's Welding Magazine is available now to read on line. You can get it here.

We changed the name of our magazine with our January issue, and we're hoping that you'll come to appreciate "Welding" as a great replacement for "Welding Design and Fabrication."

We sent our Senior Editor Richard Mandel to the oil sands region in Alberta, Canada, to take a look at what welders are doing there. Besides frost, Richard found there's a shortage of welders for the Alberta oil fields, and people are scrambling to get work done. He wrote a series of stories on what's being done in Fort McMurray, Alberta, one of the latest boomtowns, and how they are building the infrastructure for the oil industry there.

Besides that, we have reports on new welding technologies and ways to optimize your uses of shielding gases.

Drop me a note or give me a call to let me know what you think.

Re: Welding magazine on-line

Congratuations and good luck!!
    Love to see an addition or two in line with Blodgetts corner, an artical (or two) regarding a particular problem or process just to keep us laymen interested. Wouldn't be hard to find subject matter, just pull any interesting post and summarise our responses, then throw in your two cents (and don't be afraid to critique ours!)
    Keep up the good work!!
    Last edited by Clanweld; 01-22-2007 at 01:40 PM.
    If you don't have the time to do it right, then you definitely don't have the time to do it over.

Hey Bruce,
    How can a fella subscribe to a hard copy of the magazine? I don't mind reading some thingsonline but you can't beat a paper copy.
    I've seen it a few years back and was impressed and tried to get my own subscription numerous times and never received anything. ....Mike

The print magazine is no longer published. You can sign up for an enewsletter at http://weldingdesign.com/newsletters/

This was addressed in another thread, but this seems to have been resurrected from the aether.