Hydraulic press ejector
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Hydraulic press ejector

Hey,
    So I got this little project for a hydraulic garbage press we have at work. Occasionally, garbage
    will clog the machine up and we need a way to get it all out. In the past we have used a log of wood but I thought this is a more bulletproof solution. I have it all tacked up and was after opinions on the best way to weld it with minimal distortion. The top and bottom plates are 9" square, the pipe is 3 1/2" by 1/4"and 20" long and the gussets are 1/4" thick. The whole piece weighs in at about 25 pounds.

here are some pics

Support Bacteria - It's the only culture some people have!

Re: Hydraulic press ejector

Just weld it up, its not going to distort much at all since all the welds are symmetrical.
    Have we all gone mad?

Re: Hydraulic press ejector

I am still trying to figure out how it works. Does the press compact the trash down into a mold? Then the machine spits it out sideways?
    Or does it compress the garbage left to right? I just can't see it in my head.
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln Precision TIG 275,Undercart cooler,Foot/Finger Amptrollers
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v
    Lincoln SP-200 MIG and Hi-Freq Tig
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101

Picture a T shape press. You load rubbish in the long part of the T and it compresses it into the short part of the T and then ejects the rubbish. Typically about 50 pounds or so is ejected and the press has roughly 13 tonnes of pressure at the ejector end.
    Support Bacteria - It's the only culture some people have!