+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Continuous Backorder

Post Thanks / Like

Continuous Backorder

Anyone else love the HF continuous backorder? I guess all the hype is true about that Slow Boat from China. Have had a item on backorder since March. Ah well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine has been on backorder for 4 weeks. It's bull**** because they have the item in the store.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's best to go to the store if you can, those chinese guys don't row too fast
    "All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got stuff on backorder from 1972! Forget it. A few times I received the item in a few weeks. Most of the time, once a month has passed you'll never see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    HF said it would be 4/30 so I inquired on the 30th. It will now be 5/7. Go figure. I will persist. Just to see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Back order

Most of the time I have had very good luck with my HF orders. Since I call them in or order on line my orders have been coming in 2 weeks or less. I haven't ordered anything big like a drill press though. I think I had one order take a month. Ordering with a credit card speeds it up some.
    Welder- Miller Thunderbolt AC 225-DC 150
    Plasma cutter, Miller Spectrum 300
    O/P torch- Victor 100

Post Thanks / Like
    Go figure, this morning I go to punch in my invoice number to check status and lo and behold I get a "Invoice not found in our database" error on the website. So I get on the phone and call and inquire about the status of my order. Still on backorder until friday. I'll be calling them back friday late for sure. Course by now I may just say heck with it and build the dang thing from scratch. Geez!

morpheus Guest
    what did you buy that is on backorder ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Metalcraft picket twister,scroller,and bender. Really only interested in the twister but at this rate I'll have one built by the time it gets here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hapless Freight is at it again.......

I've had an order "lost" for a number of days only for it to show up at my door.

I usually make a run to their store and load into the truck myself, otherwise it's a crap shoot.
    A true democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I canceled the order today, figure by the time it gets here I'll build one. Will post pics when it's done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine on 5-5, so it was about 7 weeks total on backorder. Never showed up in HF online tracking, although my account had the debit. Just showed up one day on my doorstep.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the welding cart for my O/A setup back in Sept. They sent it all right away except the handle which was on backorder. I didnt get it till sometime in Dec. It was on backorder for something like 12 weeks. They pushed the date back 3 times.

axehind

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the same setup on Grizzly, ordered it late thursday night and on my doorstep tuesday morning. They checked stock while I was on the phone and promised once it left thier hands it would be in mine in four days or less. Perfect! A totally fantastic transaction with Grizzly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehehe! My tailstock chuck has been on back order for months, and I need to use it every day almost! The other parts I ordered from them I only use once a month. Murphy's Law in action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody heard of a federal law that backorders cannot be held
    beyond 30 days. If they are, the company is supposed to notify
    you and give you the option of a refund or continue the backorder?

Post Thanks / Like

This is a new record for me!

I ordered the 5hp cpmpressor pump in Dec 04 and received it last week. That's over 6 months! The latest estimated ship date was August. There seems to be no connection between estimated and actal ship dates. They did send me cards periodically to see if I wanted to keep it on order. I actually found a lower price in the mean time and they reduced my price to $89. It looks like a decent unit and seems to run smoothly. Its BIG. I de-rated the RPM to put out an est. 10.5 cfm at 90psi since thats the most I see out of 15 amp@220V motors like I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, I ordered a autodarkening welding helmet from HF and got a set of metal files. After calling, they said keep the files and we will send you the helmet. After a couple of weeks I got another set of...you guessed it...the same files. Another call and another 2 weeks and I got a helmet. I like harbor freight. I am trying to figure out what I need to order to get one or more of their refrigerated compressed air dryers. Any suggestions?
    Smithboy...
    if it ain't broke, you ain't tryin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm and I thought I was the only one to have this problem! I have had several issues with them putting items on back order only to send the product after the job you were working on was completed 9 months ago. Guess them darn China employer's can't keep there positions filled and keep up with demand. The job market is so good there with all the manufacturing jobs the US send there way. **** BUY AMERICAN, THE JOB YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN !! ****

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist