+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For my Kubota

Post Thanks / Like

For my Kubota

Here are a few items I made for my lil kubota 7100.

I got a 15 gal 12v electric sprayer from Harbor Freaks, (Its not chinese, its made in Mich. or Minn. by Master mfg. with a shurflo pump.
    I made this frame with 'scrap'The taper in the bottom 'forks' was so they would be long enough for the tank to fit on. It has a permanent power lead with alligator clips & fuse at battery and a connector plug at the back. I added to about 100 feet of sprayer hose, as my next-door neighbor has a vinyard, and I dont want to be killing his grapevines with my roundup. The chain is connected to the hose so I cant rip the pump off of the tank.

1st

This is a ripper for the mighty kubota! The teeth from the box scraper are used in it. I didnt put a tooth on 'cause it would take two redheaded stepchildren & a rented mule to pick it up. Or, by myself, take the sprayer off, and then, use a pick/digging bar to put the box on the tractor. I take the 3 point pins off the box and put them on the frame to mount. The unit is offset down so the bottom runs at about ground level to get max depth of ripping. A few passes with this, and then use a tile spade to clean out the ditch, I have a 1 foot+ deep ditch to bury mainly irrigation water lines. It uses the clips from the box to secure a tooth to the frame.

2nd

Next is a hitch ball adapter to move trailers about the property. The ball is in the same 'plane' as the 3 pt. pins, so there isnt any stress, (at least not very much), on the horizontal pipe. I can adjust the angle of it with the top 3 pt. jack-screw. You can buy these hitch adapters at various places, but all I've seen have welded cleats on them going above & below the 3 pt. arms and no adjustment for angle other than raising/lowering the unit.

3rd

The frame on it holds a 50 cal ammo box very nicely forward between the lower 3 pt. arms, and unless the jack-screw on top is fully extended & 3 pt. fully raised, its a good fit. I keep pliers, cutters, channellocks, two more balls, a few chains, (5/16ths, its only 17 hp!), and/or whatever I think I might need. Its always there, and always out of the way.

last

-corne-
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For my Kubota

A blue Kubota? I'll assume that first photo was on something else, LOL.

You got me thinking with that ammo box. I need something better than the itty bitty "toolboxes" Kubota puts on the tractors!

Good ideas.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I like how you did the ammo box mount. Very neat and clean. How is the box attached to the tray? It looks like it just sits in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Do not spray Roundup above about 75 degrees the hormone in it can become airborne and efect the grapes.

A cool damp morning would be the safest for the grapes.

I found this out the HARD way.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the same blue on the front, , , it says kubota, , actually its about 36 years old, 1976 model. By the ripper frame & scraper box in the background, is the backhoe attachment complete with 9" bucket. It attaches like (old anyways) Case 580's do, hyd pump connects to pto for power. I changed wobblesticks from Johnny-popper to Cat controls layout, 'cause I learned originally how to operate on Koehring 455 air over hydraulic controls. Anyone remember those ole thumb controls?? That first week, you wish you didnt have thumbs.

The ammo can just sits in the frame, I probably should have added before that while you can access the box in place, its much easier to just lift it out for access. after I lost a second or third 'knuckle', I ALWAYS lift it out. It has never bounced out, ever, "yet". -corne-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist