+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argon marking

Post Thanks / Like

argon marking

I run a Hypertherm HPR 260HD. Just got the argon line run back to me and now we gotta figure out how to mark or etch. Any input would be nice. I use sigmanest 9.1 to nest but all our parts are designed in pro e and i import them and clean them up. What I need to know is, do our engineers send me a layered drawing that both sigmanest and the plasma recognise or do I gotta modify the part?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: argon marking

If you have an automatic gas control on your HPR260XD....then the marking process is controlled by SigmaNest. Best bet is to contact them for the details....the Sigmanest post processes your drawing files and inserts the correct machine code for marking. If you need setup specs...the operators manual for the HPR260XD has plasma marking charts with gas flows, cut speeds, height and voltage, etc.

You don't mention what machine, cnc control and height control....with more info I could help you better!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by 2brad4u View Post
    I run a Hypertherm HPR 260HD. Just got the argon line run back to me and now we gotta figure out how to mark or etch. Any input would be nice. I use sigmanest 9.1 to nest but all our parts are designed in pro e and i import them and clean them up. What I need to know is, do our engineers send me a layered drawing that both sigmanest and the plasma recognise or do I gotta modify the part?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: argon marking

So it was a lot easier than i thought. In sigmanest I can click on marker line button, highlight anything I want and right click and done! And yes the plasma control reads it no prob. Thanks Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist