Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TA 211i or Miller Multimatic 200

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TA 211i or Miller Multimatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by dsergison View Post
    would you replace a TA185 with the TA211i to gain mig capability?

I think I might. I like my 185 a lot, but occasionally want a few extra amps, and a mig.
    but 15 more amps is not much. and I could get a decent seperate mig and not be switching sheild gas and such back and forth.
    its not quite as portable, but the fabricator 252i is a great machine. and is 100% duty cycle under 150 amps. and i think its 60% at max. (going off of memory here) the tig has a seperate selonoid from the mig in the machine, so you would be able to run 2 regulators to the machine and call it good.
    Offering CNC Plasma cutting and welding projects.
    Follow me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nobigdeal.fab

Support those that support WW.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Miller guy, but am seriously considering the TA. We had a few of the old 400 amp inverters in school back in the 90's and they are still going strong. The 211 TA is an inverter and holds a 33 pound spool, I am sold on not having to buy 8 inch spools. The TA 252 looks like a home run with the spool gun,and cart 3,050 bucks out the door and your good to go, The Miller 252 is alot more and no CC output.
    Last edited by TozziWelding; 09-13-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

Post Thanks / Like

Thats me a Miller guy, every welder i own is blue,but for the money and the higher duty cycle i am seriously looking at the TA211. Had to make a few other purchases so this welder got put on hold for a few weeks. The LWS I deal with is bringing one in so I can try it for a couple of days before buying, but 90% sure i am going to get the TA.