+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW ForceCut 42i Blow Back Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter with PFC (110v/220v)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW ForceCut 42i Blow Back Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter with PFC (110v/220v)

Simon,

I must say, that standing up to let people test your equipment like that. also to lanse and southpaw to take the time to do it.

I also think its good that some students will get a chance to use and test a plasma cutter in the process...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brucer! We are up to the challenge and Lanse should be receiving the unit tomorrow or so! I am looking forward to seeing it go up against the Powermax 45.

Lets see what happens. We are confident this is the best product for the price on the market - period!
    Cheers

Phone: 877-566-4462 x 201
    Email: simon@longevity-inc.com
    Web: www.longevity-inc.com

Email for any questions about LONGEVITY!

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to my friend who is the current teacher at the program and he is up for this so everyone is set whenever you are ready. no rush. just let me know Once I have the machine I will talk to my friend at airgas and get the other machines... The school currently has a Hypertherm 600 machine...
    Just make sure u send enough consumables (nozzles and electrodes)..
    Cheers
    DJ
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Severance and Cutting along wiht ipm and quality is a true cutting test. My money, as always, is on the Hyperthem. One other test is piercing time related to material thickness. If I buy one and I live in Washingtom where would I get parts and support?

Post Thanks / Like
    Weldbay, not sure your point other than to beat a dead horse. If u read the whole thread, you will see we r attempting to do an objective comparison by a small group of high school students that don't even know what a plasma cutter is yet. They will have to figure out what and how to conduct the test. This is part of the learning process. They will probably get a presentation from the local Airgas rep and possibly the Hypertherm rep. But it will be the instructors job to ensure the are objective in their testing. They will be able to have a subjective portion where they can say which machined they like best and why. I suspect the HT to come out on top but I am not going to provide any bias for the students for the testing. The idea is creating a real world learning experience where students get to combine their core subject learning into a practical application..
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Waht are you trying to determine? If it is acutally a better machine by performance or rather or not it is easier for a novice to set up and run?

Post Thanks / Like
    Simon claimed it could peform as well as a HT 30 or 45 or TD42. That's the core of the test. Same thickness, cut speed and cut quality at same amp settings. And yes to your second comment. Which did the students find easiest to use, setup, lasted longest between consumable change etc.

Post Thanks / Like

a hypertherm representative should not be involved

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I do have some questions about the comparison between the two machines. Since these are students who have never used a plasma cutter. Will they be told the brand name before the test? How will the machines be set, will it be set by the instructor? Also will the machines be tested to make sure the settings are producing equal amounts of power? I'm throwing out arbitrary numbers here but for example; lets say one machine is set on 10 and puts out 45 amps, but the other machine is set on 10 and puts out 49 amps. I would think to be fair to both companies the comparison would need to be as equal as possible. How many cuts will they make with each cutter? I think it's good to let some one who is not partial to test the machines, but I also think that you have to do it in a way that leaves no speculation for doubt. I think that you should publish the standards for the test before hand, and the machines should only be judged by those preset standards. In other words if the goal is to prove one machine sucks then that is wrong. Let the comparison prove which machine is superior. I know the history of the import debate on this board, and I don't think a truthful comparison has any place for that. If Longevity is going to ship a plasma cutter and pay for the cost they deserve a fair test. I would say the same for Hypertherm they also deserve a fair test as well. When it's all said and done the better machine should speak for itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for testing the output. I think they should all be set by the display/ indicators on the machine. That is what the customer goes by. If the output is more or less than shown on the machine that would be a definite negative for said machine. Making a list of how they will do the test is not a problem but they will need to develop their own testing parameters... think of it as a science fair type of approach for the students. To measure actual output, and Jim Colt will back me on this, they need to measure closed circuit voltage and amperage and multiply them to get Kilowatts. The true measure of cutting force of a plasma machine...
    My ESAB for example has a chart in the manual that shows the Kilowatt output curve based on voltage and amperage.

Post Thanks / Like

any testing being done as of yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Last time i spoke with Lanse, he was getting the correct fitting for the air inlet. I am hoping he can update us where he is with the testing. I am also eager to see the machine work!
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPRUNRruRz0[/ame]

I got the Forcecut going! At first I had some problems getting air to the machine, but that was because of the air fitting on the back of it. Longevity's customer support talked me through a simple solution (hose-clamping an air line directly to the fitting, instead of using a coupler), and assured me that the problem fitting I delt with, will be replaced with a standard quick connect fitting. So, it should NOT be a problem if you get one of these machines from them.

Anyway...

This thing cuts wonderfully! In part 1 of this video series, I did some severance cutting with it, tested out how thick it will actually cut. It has a very narrow and highly controllable cut/plasma arc, and really does seem like a nice little machine.

Part two coming soon, what do y'all think of it so far? Anything you'd like to see me do in parts 2 and 3?
    [Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Post Thanks / Like

You might add some information on air pressure and some general compressor information just so folks have a reference.. I would guess around 70psi, 60 or 80 gallon compressor with about 9 scfm output..

nice job lanse.. looking forward to episode two..

Post Thanks / Like
    Geat Video as always Lanse. I was suprised how well it did on 1"... u could test piercing ability and cut some holes. Also cut some Aluminum if u got any. Do some gouging if welds if it has a gouging tip. Maybe some thin stuff. Sheet metal.. just suggestions.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 10-31-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video Lanse! Glad to see we got the air inlet figured out! Cant wait for the other videos and some great suggestions from Southpaw and Brucer!
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Lanse i sent you a PM back! Hope you get more stable power soon in Ohio!
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post
    You might add some information on air pressure and some general compressor information just so folks have a reference.. I would guess around 70psi, 60 or 80 gallon compressor with about 9 scfm output..

nice job lanse.. looking forward to episode two..
    Thank you! My compressor is a Campbell Hausfeld 60 gallon twin-cylinder model, keeps up just fine. I'm too cheap to buy a regulator, so I just run unregulated air into the plasma, but it regulates itself so thats okay lol...

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Geat Video as always Lanse. I was suprised how well it did on 1"... u could test piercing ability and cut some holes. Also cut some Aluminum if u got any. Do some gouging if welds if it has a gouging tip. Maybe some thin stuff. Sheet metal.. just suggestions.

Glad you liked it! Theres plenty of piercing action coming up in part two, which YouTube is still working on but will be ready here in a few minites. I'll work on that Aluminum part, Ive actually never plasma cut aluminum before, I never work with the stuff

One thing about this plasma, it lacks gouging ability...

Quote Originally Posted by LONGEVITY-Simon View Post
    Lanse i sent you a PM back! Hope you get more stable power soon in Ohio!
    I got it! Our power seems to be working fine after the electric company came out and did a bunch of work on the lines, and our internet is currently working (just slow) as you can see. Ahhhh, the joys of living in rural Ohio

I'll send you a reply here ASAP...
    [Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Post Thanks / Like

Part 2 of Lanse's video is up! Shows piercing... Nice job!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QN89-n5exM[/ame]
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

again nice job lanse... waiting for future installments

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Im happy to report that I used the 42i on my BBQ project today, spent a lot of time with it and all went well. I'l have some more videos here soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lanse View Post
    Thanks guys! Im happy to report that I used the 42i on my BBQ project today, spent a lot of time with it and all went well. I'l have some more videos here soon
    Cant wait to see what you did with it! From the PM you sent, it sounded promising!
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Used the Forcecut to open up the boiler tank which forms the main chamber of this BBQ, and then straight edge cut everything I needed to make a firebox out of 1/4" plate. This thing cuts REALLY well, even tho during the course of the day, one of this plasma's faults caught up to it.

When I first set it up, I noticed that the rubber torch lead is pretty wimpy. I burned it pretty good today, but it wasnt anything a little electrical tape couldnt fix. If you buy this plasma, I would HIGHLY recommend spending a few bucks on a leather sheath, one of those things that protects the rubber torch lead, Im sure you can get one pretty cheap off EBAY of from your LWS.

Aside from that, everythings going great!! Here's part four of the "Burninator" build series, if you want to see the whole project, hit up this thread:

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=179361

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb8GWVPHSL4[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Photobucket

Its still a nice little machine, tho

Post Thanks / Like

Photobucket

Photobucket

There we go, lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist