Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: READ THIS....The Political Thread 2014....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: READ THIS....The Political Thread 2013....

Don't shoot the messenger......what does it mean?

Well back in WW2 FDR was the man at the top and got America into the killing spree, but he neglected to keep Truman fully informed of his grand plans, and when he passed on it was Truman who, although completely in the dark about foreign policy thanks to FDR's tiny mindedness, had the decision to make the Japanese pay dearly for their premature strike at Pearl Harbour.

Well the messengers in that case were only pressing the buttons on the policy that the Congress approved, and shooting a messenger does not improve or change a situation which is beyond their control.

When Kennedy went to He.......wherever, Mankind still went to the Moon and the cold war still went on, and when Nixon went out of favour, the troops still came back from Viet Nam, even if they didn't get all the way with LBJ and didn't waste as much land as the Generals would like to have done.

As History has shown, the man at the top, being the messenger, can be replaced at any time and the show goes on.

It's ironic to think that when FDR went the Nazis assumed the new man would negotiate a favourable peace with them and bring the war to an end....they forgot that the message carried by the messenger had been cast in stone by an implacable foe, and because of Mother Russia's presence would remain that way..

They also forgot, while assuming that England was not their natural enemy, the New World certainly now was.
    Ian.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Thanks / Like

Well back in WW2 FDR was the man at the top and got America into the killing spree, but he neglected to keep Truman fully informed of his grand plans, and when he passed on it was Truman who, although completely in the dark about foreign policy thanks to FDR's tiny mindedness, had the decision to make the Japanese pay dearly for their premature strike at Pearl Harbour.

Well the messengers in that case were only pressing the buttons on the policy that the Congress approved, and shooting a messenger does not improve or change a situation which is beyond their control.
    Nuking the Japs was an easy call when it was perfectly acceptable and routing to destroy cities in Total War. That's not even interesting given the requirement to smash Nippon into submission or, if required, kill all Japanese. Let's not forget that there was no moral obligation to the Japs as their culture had forfeited it for decades in their enthusiastic pursuit of slaughter throughout Asia. The whole Jap population wasn't worth one Allied soldier, so killing however many it took to bring them to the peace table was a great idea.

Have some Strategic Bombing Survey:

http://www.anesi.com/ussbs01.htm

By using the urgency brought about through fear of further atomic bombing attacks, the Prime Minister found it possible to bring the Emperor directly into the discussions of the Potsdam terms. Hirohito, acting as arbiter, resolved the conflict in favor of unconditional surrender.
    and when Nixon went out of favour, the troops still came back from Viet Nam, even if they didn't get all the way with LBJ and didn't waste as much land as the Generals would like to have done.
    Nixon had already extracted the troops from Viet Nam when he resigned. Congress quit watering that dead plant prior to his resignation.

As History has shown, the man at the top, being the messenger, can be replaced at any time and the show goes on.
    That's not the meaning of that term. Feel free to look up its origin.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiiiyyy, in actual fact the term is applied to anyone who does the bidding of someone else who really has the more important agenda to persue without getting the publicity of involvement, but more usually when a message is conveyed to a hostile force who would definately make an end to the originator of the message if he/she delivered it in person.

Obama does not make the policy of the USA, he might think it is a good idea and propose it, but Congress is the machine that passes it, so he is just a messenger for the party he represents, and having delivered the party message, removing him from office changes nothing, just as Kennedy was a messenger and got shot which changed nothing either for the Mob or the CIA, both who were implicated in the conspiritory to maintain the status quo.

Messengers also get their heads removed and sent back as a wordless reply.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

BO knows exactly what he's doing and all of us who still have a little common sense don't like it at all!!
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

When all of the jobs are gone,unemployment will be zero.
    At least the way this administration figures it.
    Here is the current unemployment as figured the old way.http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate...loyment-charts

Post Thanks / Like

Why count "discouraged" workers? THEY gave up.

My late "Greatest Generation" parents would have laughed at that $h1t. They were born in the Twenties and grew up during the Thirties. Those were hard times. This is a speedbump.

Nothing will change the fact wages will be flat for many decades. Workers are a burden, efficiency and productivity gains get RID of workers, end of story.

No government can fix that. The wonderful decades WWII brought us are over, get used to it. Some people will succeed, many will be drones as is normal throughout history.

Be special or tough guano. Too bad so sad.

US prosperity was a lucky, long fluke. What one man can do, another can do so the rest of the world is doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured this deserved to be posted here:

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelinde...f-97b5c11eac09

Talk about North Korea propaganda. I think I'm going to drink some more snow now.

kidtigger24
    They think I’m crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy. It is I who am MAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooo, we must save the Americans with some North Korean food!
    Buy American, or don't whine when you end up on the bread line.

Post Thanks / Like

So according to O'bummer 91% of the USA want stricter gun control.
    So that means that the Gov't abandoned the AWB because of 09% of us??
    Yah, ok..
    Lying POS
    Buy American, or don't whine when you end up on the bread line.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something my friend posted on facebook. I thought it deserved a post in this thread. Enjoy.

1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

2. If you have to get your parents permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote, … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt, you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

5. If, in our largest city, you can buy "two" 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

6. If an 80-year-old woman and 3 yr old child can be stripped searched by the TSA, but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is cute, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable, … you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

9. If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes…, you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

10. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

11. If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

12. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more safe according to the government,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

kidtigger24
    They think I’m crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy. It is I who am MAD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingMachine View Post
    So according to O'bummer 91% of the USA want stricter gun control.
    So that means that the Gov't abandoned the AWB because of 09% of us??
    Yah, ok..
    Lying POS
    With a 1000% increase in firearms sales, the numbers portray him for the lying *&^%*^@ he is.
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tanglediver View Post
    With a 1000% increase in firearms sales, the numbers portray him for the lying *&^%*^@ he is.

I guess us 9 percenters have tremendous buying power We've cleaned off the store shelves every day for six months now and into the near future.

Him and his wrecking crew sure have been good for the firearms and ammo business.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

I just could not help myself...I just had to post it ...Please forgive me

http://twitpic.com/58ebne
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Trailblazer 302 AirPak
    Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Please forgive me
    You know you'd be on Nancy like Michael Moore on a stray donut.

Nomnomnomnom.....

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me while i barf....pass the eye bleach please

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

I bet that thang's so tight it could polish the dimples off a golf ball.

Take one for the team and report back.

Here's some motivation. Howzat for an O-face?

You can thank me later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Stool sample Pelosi.
    "You have to pass it, to see whats in it."

Post Thanks / Like

The American public live under her Queening Stool.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm one of the 99.9999999999999% who's taxes weren't going to go up, why am I 99.999999999999999999999% sure my taxes went up?

Post Thanks / Like

#MakeDCListen! #KeepCruzing

I like him at least he has balls and speaks his mind
    Last edited by killdozerd11; 09-25-2013 at 03:39 AM.

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about it is at least a start.
    I just wonder how long the Libs can pretend that there was an economic recovery,when the actual unemployment is higher every day.
    The stock market is propped up by the government pumping money into it,and goods and services are running off of the targeted money from unemployment checks.

Post Thanks / Like

What has it been? 160 some odd years this country has been living with the Democratic or the Republican parties exclusively...It's time to purge this bowel movement of crooks out...

Do any of you guys need to eat any more of this $hit?

Fvck, if I don't produce results at the end of every job, I am out of a JOB.......

Do whatever you need to do, stand for what you think is right, but, just don't NOT do anything.
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller XMT 304

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought i would post this

Name:  563560_10151293631460911_1081994175_n.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  48.6 KB

If it were only true...But i doubt it

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that is profiling Al.

Shame on you. Good one!!!!
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO HAPPY that our beloved Govt. shut down...

Both sides throwing mud at each other...

Good feeling to know that the U.S.A. is looking like the laffing stock of the universe right about now...

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist