Thread: Another newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Another newbie

Hi guys! Been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to sign on. Learned a whole lot already and enjoy the forum. Did a lot of stick welding as a kid on Gramps farm a lifetime ago. he was a 50 year welder at American Bridge Co in Ambridge Pa. He taught me, I think, to keep me busy while "babysitting" me all those summers on the farm.
    After 35 years have gone by, I decided to buy a Stickmate AC/DC to play around with and do some projects and repairs. I'm havin' a ball!
    I still have a thousand questions or so......I promise not to hit you guys up all at once.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another newbie

Welcome aboard. If you can find one, maybe post a pic of your grandpa welding! We have an entire thread devoted to old welding pics. Paul.
    And then, after so much work...... you have it in your hand, and you look over to your side...... and the runner has run off. Leaving you holding the prize, wondering when the runner will return.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another newbie

Welcome to the forum ctmike.

I'd imagine from the name, Ambridge, PA must have started out as one of those 'company towns' that were established by the company to assure a stable work force.

BTW, we like to see lots of project photos but if you've been lurking for any time at all you'd know that.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!