Thread: Got mine!

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine!

My Force Cut LP50D came Tuesday and I've been playing around ever since. Glad I bought the Longevity. Shipping was incredibly fast and the machine works great right outta the box. I was lamenting for 2 months about which unit to buy. I had to buy Chinese due to price and had 3 in mind. Why Longevity? Lots of replies from Simon on this forum tells me the guy actually cares about customer satifaction. Also before I made the decision, I called the 2 other dealers and Longevity actually answered the phone, everytime I called.
    So...the machine cuts like a dream. I really hope they start selling some sorta stand off guide. I keep finding myself dragging the torch over the material. I know this can't be good for consumables. Which brings me to my only "sort of" complaint. I only recieved 2 extra sets of consumables. I really don't think that's enough to get a guy started. I never asked how many came with it, but I assumed it would be similar to what the other guys are supplying. No big deal.
    My oxy/acet tanks are getting picked up Monday. No more monthly rental fees. GOOD RIDDANCE you filthy, messy torch.
    I'm really pleased with the whole deal.....and I'm generally miserable!

rhett Guest

Re: Got mine!

ctmike, I am jealous... I've been trying to get cash together for months, already made my mind up about getting one. I've been following things too, glad to see a positive response. Few positive experiences get reported because they are happy and just fade away.

*only recieved 2 extra sets of consumables" - the current LP50D page states:
    "Consumables: 3 piece tips, 3 piece electrodes, 3 piece gas diffuser, 3 piece shield cups" included
    I assume 1 of the 3 sets is installed on the gun.

*really hope they start selling some sorta stand off guide"
    I can suggest adapting an after market brand to fit, about $30. or make one. Not much to them, a couple of adjustable wheels clamped on.

"No more monthly rental fees. GOOD RIDDANCE you filthy, messy torch"
    I own a B-prestolite acetylene and 1ea 80cuft oxy and 2ea 40cuft oxy, I only pay for refills.In time, the initial expense pays back. Keep the torch setup, Plasma does not completely replace it, but it sure as heck will make refills much much less frequent.

Enjoy
    Rhett
    Last edited by rhett; 10-26-2008 at 06:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Simon is getting the roller guides soon. Not sure on the timetable though.
    Dan
    WeldPro LS160P
    Force Cut LP80D

Post Thanks / Like

Gee Mike, sounds like you may have been shorted on those consumables. Try phoning Simon. I assmume your talking 2 complete sets of consumables. If your new to plasma cutting and you dragging your torch across the piece you'll be using the consumables faster.

Simon did say that they were going to get some standoffs in. They do help maintain proper distance and a steady hand for a cleaner cut.

Tom
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

ctmike, thanks for the honest review and choosing to do business with us. We appreciate you as a customer. To address some of your concerns, the units only come with 3 total pieces of each consumable unless an extra kit of consumables is purchased. We do include the longer consumable tips that are also used with Esab torches.

As far as the spacers, we will have them hopefully by end of next week. For all torches up to 100amps!

Please contact us so we can have a quote on the price. The standoff will definitely help with consumable life and the straightness of the cut.

Thanks,

Simon
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, ctmike!

Simon, could you upload a picture of these new standoffs? I'd love to see it. Also, can you give a general idea of the price range? Thanks!

Holger

Post Thanks / Like

This is currently the only similar picture i have ready to show on the net. The torch guide will look similar to this one:

http://longevity-inc.com/product_details.php?id=52

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Thanks,

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Simon. That looks like it could be a great help. Does this guide also provide the electrical contact needed to start?

Thanks,

Holger

Post Thanks / Like

Gee!! I clicked on the link http://longevity-inc.com/product_details.php?id=52 an got the following:

VIEW CART | ORDER STATUS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | FORUM | DEALERS | HELP & FAQs
    Home » Products » Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plasma Cutters Welders Pulse AC and DC TIG Arc MIG Multi-Purpose Units Plasma, Arc, & TIG Generators Diesel Generators Generator Accessories
    Consumables Accesories & Parts Generator Accessories Plasma Cutter and Welder Accessories
    Accesories & Parts » Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Ratings

Quality
    Durability
    Features
    Cost-Benefit
    Overall

Rate This Item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Price: $179.99
    Model: Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated
    Category: Accesories & Parts
    Purpose: 100AMP Rated Plasma Cutter torch for use with the ForceCut™ LP-100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW OPTION!
    Price Too High? Make us a Reasonable Offer!

Name:*
    Address:*
    City:*
    State:*
    Zip:*
    Phone:*
    E-mail:*
    Model:* 100AMP Consumables Kit 15 40/50AMP Ceramic Tips Kit 10 40/50AMP Consumables Kit 30 40/50AMP Consumables Kit 80 40/50AMP Electrodes Kit 10 40/50AMP Shield Cups Kit 10 40/50AMP Swirl Rings Kit 10 60AMP Consumables Kit 25 ATS Switch Air Regulator Alternator Condensor Argon Regulator Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated Cutting Torch 50AMP Rated Cutting Torch 60AMP Rated Foot Pedal ForceCut LP-100 ForceCut LP-40D ForceCut LP-50D ForceCut LP-60D Ground Clamp LDG-5000ATS LDG-6000ATS LDG-6500ATS Oil Sensor Oil and Air Filter Remote Panel Stick Holder TIG Torch Tig Adjustment Torch WeldMate LArc-140 WeldMate LM-250L WeldMate LT-200 WeldMate LW-200ACDC WeldMax LC-416D WeldMax LC-518D WeldMax LC-520D WeldPro LS-160 WeldPro LS-160P WeldPro LS-200P
    Quantity:*
    Offer Price:*
    Buyer's Terms:*
    Terms & Policy: By checking this box, I have read, understand, and agree with the terms and policy provided to me by Longevity Global, Inc.
    In order to continue with the offer, you will need to agree to the terms and policy.

Do you have any questions about the Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated?

Please use the following form to request information:

Your Name:
    E-mail Address:*
    Retype E-mail Address:*
    Company (optional)
    Street Address
    City: State* State AK AL AR AS AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL FM GA GU HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MH MI MN MO MP MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR PW RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY Zip:
    Phone:* Fax:
    Where did you hear about us?:*
    Your interest: Please choose a model name 100AMP Consumables Kit 15 40/50AMP Ceramic Tips Kit 10 40/50AMP Consumables Kit 30 40/50AMP Consumables Kit 80 40/50AMP Electrodes Kit 10 40/50AMP Shield Cups Kit 10 40/50AMP Swirl Rings Kit 10 60AMP Consumables Kit 25 ATS Switch Air Regulator Alternator Condensor Argon Regulator Cutting Torch 100AMP Rated Cutting Torch 50AMP Rated Cutting Torch 60AMP Rated Foot Pedal ForceCut LP-100 ForceCut LP-40D ForceCut LP-50D ForceCut LP-60D Ground Clamp LDG-5000ATS LDG-6000ATS LDG-6500ATS Oil Sensor Oil and Air Filter Remote Panel Stick Holder TIG Torch Tig Adjustment Torch WeldMate LArc-140 WeldMate LM-250L WeldMate LT-200 WeldMate LW-200ACDC WeldMax LC-416D WeldMax LC-518D WeldMax LC-520D WeldPro LS-160 WeldPro LS-160P WeldPro LS-200P
    Please click the Submit button to receive information about the product.
    If your address is outside the US, please include your state in the "City" input box.

Shopping Cart is Empty

Related Products

Foot Pedal
    With Variable AMP Adjust

Cutting Torch 50AMP Rated
    Cutting Torch for LP-40/50 Series

Cutting Torch 60AMP Rated
    For LP-60D Plasma Cutter

Tig Adjustment Torch

Air Regulator

Ground Clamp

Stick Holder
    Stick Holder for Arc/MMA Welders

TIG Torch

Argon Regulator

Plasma Cutting

06/24/08: FREE WELDMAX LC-520D WELDER + $500.00 CASH PRIZE! More»

06/18/08: Longevity opens offices Worldwide! More»

03/25/08: Longevity Now Offers a 3-Year Warranty on Welders! More»

01/10/08: CSA Approval for All Welders and Plasma Cutters More»

12/06/07: We made the 2008 Generators FULLY LOADED! More»

10/25/07: More than 3500 Plasma Cutters and Welders Sold! More»

09/28/07: Website Grand Re-Opening More»

Subscribe or Unsubscribe to our Newsletter:

Longevity Forum

Longevity Dealers

Longevity Partner Links

www.LongevitySaunas.com

Home | Products | Featured | Resources | Gallery | News | Terms and Policy | View Cart | Order Status

About Us | Contact Us | Forum | Dealers | Help & FAQs

Order Online or Call Us: 1-877-LONG-INC / 1-877-566-4462
    Copyright © 2003 - 2008 Longevity Global, Inc. All Rights Reserved

SSL Certificates
    Last edited by specter; 10-27-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spacing
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Specter: click on the image of the torch that looks like a burned rattle snake. A popup window should show up with a larger view.

Holger

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Holger.

I just got my new Force Cut LP-80 amp replacement unit and that tricked out rolling standoff sure looks would help maintain proper spacing and a steadier hand allowing for a cleaner looking cut.

add on:I see its mounted on the 100amp torch. My only question is will it also fit the smaller amp torches?
    Last edited by specter; 10-27-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    I see its mounted on the 100amp torch. My only question is will it also fit the smaller amp torches?
    I guess so. Simon says: "As far as the spacers, we will have them hopefully by end of next week. For all torches up to 100amps!"

Holger

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

The spacers are actually a bit smaller. So the 100amp torch actually can fit a few smaller torches such as the 80amp, but the 40/50/60amp torches actually have smaller guides.

They will arc with no problems. Sorry to not reply earlier.

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm glad to hear the guides are comin' soon! I've got a project I want to get started on and right now, I'm probably the shakiest torch in the east!
    rhett, don't be too jealous, buddy. I bet you have one before 'ya know it. I put mine on plastic, wifey has nooo idea......hehehe.