Thread: Pregnant Welders

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pregnant Welders

Quote Originally Posted by rad3766 View Post
    I'm gonna assume you're single......or divorced
    I’d put my money on divorced lol

Post Thanks / Like

How long did she stay at work for? Did she have any work restrictions?? Asking for....myself...

Post Thanks / Like

The original poster hasn't been here in 10 years and the kid is in fifth grade now provided it survived the welding fumes.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ol' Stick Guy View Post
    Hmmm lets see EMFs, Arsenic, Sulphur-Dioxide, Ultraviolet radiation, Metal Fume Fever (from welding on galvanizied and Cadmium-plated pieces) not to mention epoxy primers and metal born toxins (leads, aluminum, etc.) absolutely not unless you live in like Texas (right to work states).

DANG, i never wore a respirator when welding around all that stuff and its never effected, effected, effected, me!
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    No more than any other student:

Keep yer head outta da fumes
    Don't catch on fire
    etc
    etc.

My wife welded during the pregnancy of both our chillins- hmmm they are kinda whacko but that may just be the genes

Same concerns and we got our Dr's approval.
    No kidding, Ed. Or it could just be overexposure to Broccoli.
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

no way no how. fu@k what the doctors say. medical opinions change like the wind. god forbid my old woman had to work as a welder i wouldn't want her exposed to all those uv rays while expecting. my kids are screwed up enough as is
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Post Thanks / Like

My first job when I was 15 was slinging eggs in a chicken barn with a half a million birds in several structures. I worked with 3 young women that were sisters/inlaws and they worked slinging crates of eggs ( I think that was 5 flats of 30 eggs) .... sometimes over their heads... until the day they went to the hospital to give birth. One had 12 kids, one had 8 and one had 3. Those "kids" are all in their 40's now and doing fine. When I think of the noise, stress, disease pressures, manure gases in those barns, not to mention the heavy lifting, I can't see a welding site is any worse. The next time this thread gets resurrected those kids just might be coming back to give you a piece of their mind too...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    no way no how. fu@k what the doctors say. medical opinions change like the wind. god forbid my old woman had to work as a welder i wouldn't want her exposed to all those uv rays while expecting. my kids are screwed up enough as is
    how would/do you feel about yourself, not to metion" your/anybodys pregnant wife" having to go through TSA Xray, to fly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    My first job when I was 15 was slinging eggs in a chicken barn with a half a million birds in several structures. I worked with 3 young women that were sisters/inlaws and they worked slinging crates of eggs ( I think that was 5 flats of 30 eggs) .... sometimes over their heads... until the day they went to the hospital to give birth. One had 12 kids, one had 8 and one had 3. Those "kids" are all in their 40's now and doing fine. When I think of the noise, stress, disease pressures, manure gases in those barns, not to mention the heavy lifting, I can't see a welding site is any worse. The next time this thread gets resurrected those kids just might be coming back to give you a piece of their mind too...
    Ain't that the truth, bunch of freeking sissies around here, one of the things I don't miss about working is listening to grown men (and I use that term loosely) cry about the job or conditions, stupid fact of many I was in a sub level basement with a couple diesel combos and a loader running along with the welding and lead pots burning, when they saw me with a smoke in my mouth they had puppies, ficker wasn't even lit, true story, people are fuching idiots and only react to the false facts some uniformed moron taught them

Post Thanks / Like

I'd only be concerned if the instructor was married, not to the student, but the father of the fetus.

All kidding aside, anyone welding, grinding, painting or doing anything that puts their noggin into fumes needs to be wearing proper protection.

Some stuff can kill you in seconds and others in days, years or even decades.

Many of us old timers have probably shaved years off of our lives not knowing this years ago. Today there's no excuse to be ignorant. Get and always use the best you can.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist