+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Building a 4x8' CNC Plasma Table

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building a 4x8' CNC Plasma Table

Thank you! I'll research about it more and decide which route to go. But your answer did help me. Have a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome build, been thinking about building a bigger table for my self for a while.
    LONGEVITY 250EX w/ 25' weldcraft cs310 torch
    Torchmate w/ Hypertherm powermax 85
    withFLASHCUT CNC PRO SERIES CONTROLS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZTFab View Post
    That's why I bought a 4x8 from Arclight, it includes the water table, torch height controller, computer, software....the whole nine yards..

Mine should be here next month.
    So whats your review after 3 years?
    Arclight looks like some decent prices.....
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Read through this entire thread. I’m assuming you got the shop all setup now? What did you decide on for a cart to hold computer and controllers? I’ve been staring at my PowerMax85 and box from CamdCNC for a little over a year now. Today I ordered the Z axis from CandCNC as well as the Magnum 7 gantry kit from Precision Plasma. With any luck I’ll have mine together before fall of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 204WeldingLTD View Post
    Read through this entire thread. I’m assuming you got the shop all setup now? What did you decide on for a cart to hold computer and controllers? I’ve been staring at my PowerMax85 and box from CamdCNC for a little over a year now. Today I ordered the Z axis from CandCNC as well as the Magnum 7 gantry kit from Precision Plasma. With any luck I’ll have mine together before fall of this year.

Have you joined CandCNC forum . Some good info there, however they get very technical and a lot of the time I don't understand what some people at CandCNC are say.Also plasma spider has some good DXF file sharing.
    My table is up and works, however I am still learning Sheet Cam and inkscape as well as other SVG and DFX creation set ups.
    The CandCNC documentation and the wiring is a lot to be desired that is because the documentation covers all versions of their systems which is very confusing. Also they have many errors in their text as well as some of the text boxes cut off information. Download the latest and greatest manual.I have a build on here somewhere. I just went through setting up the configurator as well. You must download the latest and greatest version of Command CNC and also Hub configuration from their site. Right now it is 1.1 version. Have questions let me know and or post them in my CNC table build post. I try to keep everything in laymens terms. The most confusing part I found was the set up of the Z axis probe + Limit switch configuration. I have mine set up to use the Limit and the Probe (where the torch makes continuity with the plate) as well as uses the limit switch. You have to do a little extra wiring to the Z card in the controller (UBOB) to do both. Talk about confusing directions.

Here is my build
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.ph...ma+table+build

T.J.
    Last edited by TJS; 04-25-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 204WeldingLTD View Post

I built a custom cart at the time. Sold the machine a while ago and got out of doing plasma work.

Post Thanks / Like

What was your cut out pull out sign? Never like hearing shop doors slam shut with the little guys storys still stomping around. See lots of Paterson ****.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't pull out, I moved up. Got tired of plasma work. Too dirty, didn't like material handling and some other stuff. Wasn't well suited to a garage.

Untitled by Joseph Kaslowski, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Fun times! Look forward to the crash videos!
    12v battery, jumper cables, and a 6013.
    Tube channel: https://youtube.com/@VPTfab

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VPT View Post
    Fun times! Look forward to the crash videos!
    Thanks haha. I don't really video all that much, well not enough to catch me doing stupid stuff, which I do plenty of. If I video, it's with the machine already running. I'm usually watching pretty close when I get a new program started for that exact reason. I had another CNC mill before this and bought the Fadal about 6 months ago. It's already paid for itself.

Name:  A56D8B8C-03DB-4FAD-B964-02B5CF024808.JPG
Views: 726
Size:  138.5 KB Name:  IMG_2218.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  106.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to inform folks about 3D CAD software that reads and writes ACAD file types but the software is much less expensive and runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. It's called BricsCAD. A license is either a subscription or a permanent license as you decide. It will, of course, do 2D for CNC work.

I like it for developing 3D drawings of whatever I'm going to weld up so I can rotate it and look at it from any angle. Many times things show up that I didn't think of initially so it's more than just a way to draw; it helps you find errors in your thinking BEFORE you start cutting steel.

This post is also my way of subscribing to this topic. I read every post.
    To my knowledge, I own:
    50% of all the plasma cutters,
    33% of all the TIG welders and
    20% of all the MIG welders on the island.

I own 1 of each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazlx View Post
    I'm using plans provided by Precision Plasma with a few tweaks. I will be using a 3" deep water table.

Is there any way to view the photobucket pictures in this post? A few months ago, I ordered all the materials to build the table when they were all view-able, and now they are all fuzzy. Do I need to go to the photobucket website to view the pictures? I printed out this page when they were view-able, so I can get it built but would be nice to see the other photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Photobucket is straight garbage now. I'm not sure what they've done. I just don't have time to go back and re-upload and link all the pics somewhere else. If you just follow the plans, you'll be fine. That's all I did.

Post Thanks / Like

kazlx,

I found a workaround to view all of your pictures.
    On any of your posts with pictures, click on Reply with Quote and copy the web address.
    [/QUOTE]
    Paste to Microsoft Edge.
    Delete everything to the left of http and everything to the right of .jpg
    Change img to smg.
    This is what it should look like.
    Change xx to tt
    hxxp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psfb2b55ae.jpg
    Hit enter and all of your pictures should be view-able.
    Last edited by larry10; 01-18-2020 at 11:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist