+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '98 Chevy C3500 Brake fluid leak

Post Thanks / Like

Re: '98 Chevy C3500 Brake fluid leak

Last post on this issue (knock on wood). Ebrake problem...I think I slightly overfilled the master cylinder. While I'm not sure I understand how this would cause the problem, I checked the fill on Sunday and noticed it was a little too high. Guess filling it in the dark, on my slanted driveway, wasn't the brightest idea.

Anyway, I siphoned most of the fluid out as it was still pretty dark, and re-filled more carefully. Since then, no issues with sticking ebrake light and no squeaking from brakes at low speeds.

You'd think if this was the source of the problem that pressure in the master cylinder would have just popped the top off the resevoir.

Regardless, thanks to all for the helpful advice. Truck's running good now, and making me money while making life easier...
    Benson's Mobile Welding - Dayton, OH metro area - AWS Certified Welding Inspector

Post Thanks / Like

Re: '98 Chevy C3500 Brake fluid leak

Glad it's working now.

But if you still had 'dark fluid' still in the resevoir, I'd suggest topping off the master cylinder and rebleeding the brake system fully. Not just for any air, but at this point to bleed out any possible old fluid still sitting in the lines. Bleed each line until it runs clear.
    The best laid schemes ... Gang oft agley ...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist