Page 498 of 498 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498
Results 12,426 to 12,430 of 12430

Thread: Show us what you welded today

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show us what you welded today

Makes sense - Thanks. And that is some impressive OF cutting. Mine looks more like the lava that comes from a volcano...
    -Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Makes sense - Thanks. And that is some impressive OF cutting. Mine looks more like the lava that comes from a volcano...
    Thank you ! Practice practice practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joegreen02 View Post
    Ah! I gotcha. I know exactly what youíre talking about now. Thatís a great idea but with the springs that are going on the hinge Iím not sure it would work out. For what itís worth the ramps will land nice and flat when on the Albertís truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, & I prefer feet on the hinge end of the ramp. Start far enough from the hinge to clear & come down perpendicular to the top of the ramp. Running a heavy wheeled machine up, those ramps will try to lift the ground end as the front tires hit the hinge. You want the feet under the trailer. I've had the ramp lift, placing the weight on the rear of the trailer. It lifts the rear wheels of the truck.

Lots of bad things can happen when the truck's rear wheels are off the ground!
    I no longer own that trailer!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Yes, & I prefer feet on the hinge end of the ramp. Start far enough from the hinge to clear & come down perpendicular to the top of the ramp. Running a heavy wheeled machine up, those ramps will try to lift the ground end as the front tires hit the hinge. You want the feet under the trailer. I've had the ramp lift, placing the weight on the rear of the trailer. It lifts the rear wheels of the truck.

Lots of bad things can happen when the truck's rear wheels are off the ground!
    I no longer own that trailer!
    Century buzzbox that I learned on 40+ years ago (was Dad's)
    Crappy Century 110volt mig 70 amp pigeon pooper.
    Lincoln Idealarc TIG-300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bead-boy View Post
    Never done anything as dramatic as those examples, but ramps lifting while loading and or the rear wheels lifting while loading on a downhill get real spooky fast!

I had a three axle trailer with poorly designed ramps. The pavement in front of my home is a 6% pitch downhill. To do that, you need as many chocks as you have tires!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.