Thread: bobcat 225 NT plus idle problems

Post Thanks / Like

bobcat 225 NT plus idle problems

I have a 2003 bobcat that will not idle up with a load in the run/idle position. It will go to run with the switch in run. Making me think the solenoid is good (It has the push to idle solenoid).

So far, checked to make sure oil is full, set idle and run speeds to correlate with 43hz idle and 62.5hz run via the 115 ac plug on front. This made it to where it will idle up until its ran for about 10 minutes. Sometimes it will idle down after it has idled up without removing the load.

I tested the idle control module per specs in the manual. It is saying that it is fried. But i was supposed to check the connections to transformer ct1 which is not located in any of the drawings. (think it is possibly the coil of wire above the rectifier assembly?)

Anyway, I've been browsing this site and trouble chasing for a while now. I read that the voltage regulators go bad and cause the idle control module to go bad. I tested it per an old thread I found. The outside wires show 55 volts ac (test good) but the middle terminal only shows 12.4 Volts, whereas I was expecting 14. SOOO...

Is the voltage regulator bad as well?
    Where is the best place to get parts? My nearest miller dealer is 90 miles away. The manual I found online shows the idle control module #189742 and the only place online I've found it is weldfabulous for $109 +shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bobcat 225 NT plus idle problems

the leads to CT1 should be numbered in the drawing, look for the numbered leads. You need to check CT1 for continuity. Continuity=Good, OL=Bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, those wires would be 8A (G connector) and 33m (E connector). It is the big loop coil of wire where I thought it was located (welder's right side kind of just hanging there near the top). There are five connectors, assuming they should all have continuity? But really don't think that is the source of my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

can anyone tell me what the acceptable ranges are for the dc output on voltage regulators on these welders?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, just got off the phone with a very helpful miller service rep. 12.4 volts is to low for dc current on the center pin. acceptable range should be at least 13.2-13.6 Volts to ground. That must be working before you worry about testing the idle control module, for anyone who might be wondering.