Thread: Spectrum 2050

Post Thanks / Like

Spectrum 2050

Hi All,

I have been looking around at Plasmas for a while now and I am at a crossroads! I found a used 4yr old 2050 in my area for $1800CAD, no plug, no separator. The other options are a new 375 extreme, a new PM30 or a China machine.

I am a hobbyist and really want to get away from abrasive etc currently I would be in the cutting range of the 375, PM30 might be a little small, just going by the specs.

The 2050 is more than I can ever foresee needing but I would never have to worry about capacity. I figure with Miller I shouldn't ever REALLY have to worry about it crapping out. And the Miller would actually be worth something if I wanted to get rid of it in a few years.

I also thought I could buy a cheapo Chinese multifunction and use it until it dies. But there is no local support/consumables etc near me and it seems like a bit of a crapshoot getting a good one.

The only reason I would decide now is that this 2050 popped up, it seems like a good price for a $2500 machine. I was thinkin to offer the guy $1500.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spectrum 2050

This will answer all your questions about the newer machines

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34109
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
    Harry S Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 500HpSilverado View Post
    This will answer all your questions about the newer machines

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=34109
    I have read most of that thread. Like I say I would go with a PM30 or 375 I think if not for this used 2050 that popped up. I know it is overkill but if I can get it for a couple of hundred bucks more than a small machine (no sales tax) then maybe it would be worth it AND be worth more for resale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salem747 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been looking around at Plasmas for a while now and I am at a crossroads! I found a used 4yr old 2050 in my area for $1800CAD, no plug, no separator. The other options are a new 375 extreme, a new PM30 or a China machine.

I am a hobbyist and really want to get away from abrasive etc currently I would be in the cutting range of the 375, PM30 might be a little small, just going by the specs.

The 2050 is more than I can ever foresee needing but I would never have to worry about capacity. I figure with Miller I shouldn't ever REALLY have to worry about it crapping out. And the Miller would actually be worth something if I wanted to get rid of it in a few years.

I also thought I could buy a cheapo Chinese multifunction and use it until it dies. But there is no local support/consumables etc near me and it seems like a bit of a crapshoot getting a good one.

The only reason I would decide now is that this 2050 popped up, it seems like a good price for a $2500 machine. I was thinkin to offer the guy $1500.

Life is a crapshoot. Place your bet and roll the dice.