+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hypertherm Section

Post Thanks / Like

Hypertherm Section

Hello Moderators,

Can we get a Hypertherm section rather than just a thread? It is a real pain having a relatively popular topic in just one thread!

Sean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hypertherm Section

Quote Originally Posted by salem747 View Post
    Hello Moderators,

Can we get a Hypertherm section rather than just a thread? It is a real pain having a relatively popular topic in just one thread!

Sean.
    Hear, hear!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I certainly would go that
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, the purpose of the thread was to allow forum management and Hypertherm determine if they could justify a Hypertherm section. Keeping the thread active will only help the cause.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

New here but I vote for the Hypertherm section.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be nice if some of the folks showed off their various Hypertherm plasma Cutters and some pictures of projects or jobs they have used them on.

For those out there wondering what an industrial Plasma Cutter is capable of they only have to wander over to Hypertherm's site at http://www.hypertherm.com
    While at their site you can go to the Contact Us section and Thank Hypertherm for Jim Colts assisting folks here.
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather see and visit a Hypertherm section than a Longevity or Everlast section!!

If it were my forum, the manufacturer sections would look like this-

-ITW (to include all ITW companies, Miller, Hobart, Bernard, Smith, Weldcraft, etc)

-Lincoln

-ESAB (to include ESAB, Linde, L-Tec and all other ESAB-related brands)

-Thermadyne (to include all TD companies, T-Dyne, T-Dynamics, Victor, Arcair, etc)

-Hypertherm

-Asian Origin (to include Harbor Freight, Everlast, Longevity and all other Asian origin brands)

-Other Mfg. (to include European, Australian, other American and other world-wide brands)
    Last edited by DesertRider33; 12-13-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    MM350P/Python/Q300
    MM175/Q300
    DialarcHF

HTP MIG200
    PowCon300SM

Hypertherm380
    ThermalArc185
    Purox oa
    F350CrewCab4x4
    LoadNGo utilitybed
    Bobcat250
    XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic
    Suitcase12RC/Q300
    Suitcase8RC/Q400
    Passport/Q300

Smith op

Post Thanks / Like

I know I would certainly like to see the site owner's do away with the PAID manufacturer's forum that give them what appears to be unlimited power in editing their forums. All the manufacturers forums should be on equal footing.
    I would like to see larry of Giant Tech also have a separate forum. Larry has been very helpful to members here when they had questions regarding the other manufacturer's products such as Hypertherm, ESAB, Miller, Hobart, etc, etc.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Specter,

Where have you been?
    The forums are no longer paid...but kept alive by volume of posts. We have NO editing powers, only the same petitioning powers you do for months now. Thanks for keeping the smear alive about that.

Though a good product.Thermadyne consists of Chinese and Euro imports, so should it receive its own section even though the Thermadyne thread carries but a handful of posts?

Lincoln, Thermadyne, and others have "asian" and imported machines, so to have a "asian" thread would be misleading to the unwary purchasers here thinking that these other companies were all good ole USA machines, perpetuating a myth that so many seem willing to believe.

Larry's bumps a lot of his threads himself. reviving year old threads. Not to say he shouldn't have his own thread or section or that he isn't a good guy, because he does have more traffic than thermadyne.

I have myself helped many people here on other products privately and publicly. I get many pm's because people see the variety of machines I own and use on a daily basis. Even guys who slam my product, I have helped them equally.

Harbor Freight products, though dissed by many are constantly finding their way to the mainstream. Many guys have been caught showing off their Miller or Lincoln only to have a Harbor Freight grinder or other product related to welding in the background. HF offers a broad spectrum of welding and cutting products, selling a lot of stuff. I think its been well established and has frequent posts and activity. Its all about the hits.

Hypertherm itself seems deserving though. It does have a large following and a good representation on the board by Jim Colt. It does seem like it has enough to be self sustaining.
    Last edited by lugweld; 12-13-2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Specter,

Where have you been?
    The forums are no longer paid...but kept alive by volume of posts. We have NO editing powers, only the same petitioning powers you do for months now. Thanks for keeping the smear alive about that.

Though a good product.Thermadyne consists of Chinese and Euro imports, so should it receive its own section even though the Thermadyne thread carries but a handful of posts?

Lincoln, Thermadyne, and others have "asian" and imported machines, so to have a "asian" thread would be misleading to the unwary purchasers here thinking that these other companies were all good ole USA machines, perpetuating a myth that so many seem willing to believe.

Larry's bumps a lot of his threads himself. reviving year old threads. Not to say he shouldn't have his own thread or section or that he isn't a good guy, because he does have more traffic than thermadyne.

I have myself helped many people here on other products privately and publicly. I get many pm's because people see the variety of machines I own and use on a daily basis. Even guys who slam my product, I have helped them equally.

Harbor Freight products, though dissed by many are constantly finding their way to the mainstream. Many guys have been caught showing off their Miller or Lincoln only to have a Harbor Freight grinder or other product related to welding in the background. HF offers a broad spectrum of welding and cutting products, selling a lot of stuff. I think its been well established and has frequent posts and activity. Its all about the hits.

Hypertherm itself seems deserving though. It does have a large following and a good representation on the board by Jim Colt. It does seem like it has enough to be self sustaining.
    I agree with lug. Hypertherm is deserving enough for its own section and leave everything else as it is. For those who dont wont to see or visit certain sections/threads, then stay out! No one is forcing anyone to read something they dont want to!
    A few of my toys !
    LinuxMint
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Hypertherm with its own section and not just a sticky.

A lot of people post about Hypertherm in the General section and others because they dont see the Hypertherm sticky.

If it was on the front page, then it would not be missed ( as much )

Post Thanks / Like

Dang.....I guess I can't disagree with this thread! I have no idea how to get an official Hyperthread started though....

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lugweld
    Specter,

Where have you been?

Well Lug I have been here since I joined and I haven't seen a reply by Welding Web Management in the WELDING WEB COMMUNITY SUPPORT sections

Announcement Forum

News From Welding Web Mag.com Forum

Support& Suggestions Forum does have the following Threads

Why was my post deleted
    http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27365

Thread ran 02-03-2009 to 06-05-2009

post #20 Comment By Lugweld "You can delete the post but not our computers." and
    "It quit frankly makes me ill to see companies that wish to hide and cover up customers complaints. Especially ones that claim to be as good as your dear company." and
    "You have a problem. If this is how you treat your customers with a issue about your product, no wonder so many posts have to be removed and threads locked."

Re: How about removing the paid for fourms from the New Posts button
    http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27163

Thread ran 01-27-2009 to 04-11-20
    post #14 by Lugweld
    The issue is that the existence of these companies that heavily censor(they just did it again ), is that it gives the whole website a blackeye. The way they censor the posts is to remove any "critical" observations by others and the customers to make their product look differently than it is...That folks is dishonesty. and "But these advertisers are by way of censorship are completely misrepresenting their product and mainly, their support and their business ethics." and "I don't think removing them from new posts or sequestering them to a part of the website that is less accessible is the answer. I think they either need to be handcuffed on their editing abilities or the companies need to open their own."
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    New to the family:
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Aka..The Everlast Pimp...

Lug my comment was not meant to be a Smear but only to point out that all manufacturers here should be on equal footing with regards to site management weather they be a paid forum or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim I think once we have enough threads and posts in the Hypertherm Sticky sub-forum the management will make a separate Manufacturer's forum for Hypertherm.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, those comments were made.

But I didn't have ALL the facts at the time. And those statements were made based off appearances, which have proved more than misleading, thanks to a number of threads that got out of hand. But as you can see, there are considerable changes at work. And yes there now are dedicated forums by the companies in question.

IF your point was not to smear, then why bring up those posts that were off topic? Really what was the point? No context either. You provide your own evidence of smear.

The point is: the sponsored forums have been discussed and mentioned, and the missing logos should have been a clue. And the lack of mention of paid forums at the header. But, I feel that Hypertherm should have its own section by the sheer number of posts made concerning the units. The only reason I could see that the WW management would not, is that it is only a company dedicated (well so) to the production of plasma cutters. It does not offer a full line of products. I don't know if that is the reason they have not obtained their own forum or not, but it may be the case. If the criteria is what I think it is, the volume of posts will eventually garner it a section of its own.
    Last edited by lugweld; 12-13-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for a separate section. Go Hypertherm !!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya we do need it I love my lil machine
    Lincoln 225 Tombstone,
    Miller Big 20,
    Hobart 180,150' Argon,
    A/D hobart hood
    22 Ton Log splitter,
    79 F350 dump eats 4.75 TONS and still turns
    cutters,grinders,
    And a Hypertherm POWERMAX 30

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Hypertherm forum. One of the things I thought strange was that a best in class manufacturer didn't have a standalone forum. I just assumed that it was because they weren't renting the space. Jim's participation along with other opinions (and my preferred LWS say don't even look at any other brands, and he sells all the big names) is why I chose the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Having one Hypertherm forum would give folks one central point for posting their Hypertherm Threads, Posts, and Replies! As it stands now folks are posting all over the Welding Web site in various forums because Hypertherm does not have its own Manufacturer Product Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larryo View Post
    i would like to see hypertherm with its own section and not just a sticky.

A lot of people post about hypertherm in the general section and others because they dont see the hypertherm sticky.

If it was on the front page, then it would not be missed ( as much )
    Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    having one hypertherm forum would give folks one central point for posting their hypertherm threads, posts, and replies! As it stands now folks are posting all over the welding web site in various forums because hypertherm does not have its own manufacturer product forum.
    x 2....

Post Thanks / Like

I just really find it a pain to use the Hypertherm thread the way it is. It currently has about 5 conversations all intermixed in the one thread now. It makes it difficult to get an answer for a questions because there can be several posts in the other discussions before anyone notices a new topic of discussion!

Hopefully somebody is noticing this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Well until Welding Web Management finally takes notice I guess we'll continue this problem. But for now Hypertherm does have its own sticky sub-forum! Problem is most Hypertherm members posting do not see it. I have tried sending a request to the Welding Web Master but neither of the listed email addresses seem to work. Every time I trying sending to those addresses I get my email returned by the ISP saying address does not exist. I guess we have to continue our hopes someone will notice and finally take action.

Welding Magazine Contacts
    Editorial Questions E-mail: wdeditor@penton.com

Web Site Questions E-mail: wdwebmaster@penton.com
    Last edited by specter; 12-28-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add points of contact

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one of the moderators could step in here and take some action and help push this along. Something definitely needs to be done!
    A few of my toys !
    LinuxMint
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Well.....since I work for Hypertherm I really appreciate all of the support in regards to getting a Hypertherm section on the Web. I...of course will be monitoring and posting as I always do........and trying as hard as possible to not sell.....but to offer support and advice. It will actually be easier with the majority of Hypertherm posts in one area......currently I have to search for them every time I sign on......and there certainly are an increasing number of posts about Hypertherm Plasma equipment.

Best regards, Jim Colt

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jim I know the mods have notified the management of the site we need a separate Hypertherm forum.

I am sure folks here really appreciate all the help you have been giving to Hypertherm Owners as well as owners of other manufacturer's plasma cutters that asked plasma questions.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist