Thread: Internet weldingoutfitter website input wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Internet weldingoutfitter website input wanted

I am the Internet Parts Manager for a website called www,weldingoutfitter.com I am in charge of adding and managing products on our website. But since there are so many different tools and equipment in the welding world it has turned out to be a very daunting task. I am looking for feedback, what products you buy online, or any other topic you would like to discuss.
    Last edited by DSW; 02-16-2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed link

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Internet weldingoutfitter website input wanted

Hello and welcome. This is borderline spam. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. I edited your post and removed the link, but let the site name for you. Take a minute to review the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.

Advertisements (unless job postings), chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate on this forum. Marketing activities of any kind are prohibited except with permission from site management, or as allowed within the "Shop, Trade, Sell Forum."
    You are welcome to join in discussions, post projects, and ask questions, but this isn't a venue for bumping your hits on your site or drumming up business. Consider this a friendly warning.

Name:  police2.gif
Views: 249
Size:  3.1 KB
    Last edited by DSW; 02-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Just an observation: I looked at your gloves page and it seems the site has WAY too many non-welding gloves. Chemical gloves, work gloves, nitrile gloves, dotted gloves... all have their place but you might focus a little more tightly on welding gloves (what with being a welding supply site and all). Of 169 glove choices on your site, 29 are drivers gloves, just as an example. I think I saw some repetition as well: it seemed like the blue stick gloves came up a lot. I tried to select all and copy paste into a spreadsheet and sort but that little process failed for me.

Can you get your web guys to sort by process (TIG, MIG, stick) instead of by vendor?

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I can get them to work on that. Looking through it you're right it does seem a bit repetitive at times. Thank you for your advice!

Post Thanks / Like

I did not mean for it to come across as spam or an advertisement. Trying to figure out the world of blogging and accidentally went over the line. Sorry and have a great day

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you what I consider a tip since I've had several internet businesses as well as brick...OK shade cloth, equipment barns, cabins and dirt businesses.
    Target a young, new audience. Give discounts for students.That's a big one right there.Students often wind up in business or at least in a position to purchase.
    Old farts are often on a first name basis with both local AND internet dealers these days and stick to a couple regulars unless there is just a screaming difference in price.

Now. Should you decide to carry high end cupcake making equi.....
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great tip. At our brick and mortar store we give a discount to any students in our area. I think that would be a great thing on our website to use. Thanks for your input!