+ Reply to Thread

Thread: join HF's "Inside Track Club" ?

Post Thanks / Like

join HF's "Inside Track Club" ?

Early December, the manager at my local HF made a heavy sales pitch to join their $30 Inside Track Club for additional discounts.

Here is HF's description:

Link: Inside Track Club

Has anyone joined this? Is it worthwhile?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: join HF's "Inside Track Club" ?

Member Benefits:

- Exclusive Monthly Savings Book with Super Coupons
    - Weekly Emails with Member Only Offers
    - Early Access to Harbor Freight's Famous Parking Lot Sales, One Hour Before the General Public
    - Private Website with Member Only Savings Offers
    - Here's how it works, sign up for the Inside Track Club and get your first member's only bulletin delivered to your mailbox RIGHT AWAY. Before you know it, the next bulletin will arrive with ADDITIONAL SAVINGS opportunities. PLUS - check out the private Inside Track Club website for constantly updated unique specials and don't forget to look in your email for the EXCLUSIVE Inside Track Club in-store special coupons. FINALLY, clear your schedule for Harbor Freight's Parking Lot Sale where you will enjoy EARLY ACCESS to one-time unbelievable sale items. AND THE BEST PART is that the Inside Track Club is only $29.99 PER YEAR. (Emphasis THEIRS, not mine).

...So, let's see- for only $30 per year, you get their special discount coupons and a bunch more spam emails with junk offers. In essence, you're paying to receive more of their marketing BS. What a joke!

Most businesses have these offers except THEY GIVE YOU something for willingly submitting yourself to more of their advertising crap. Usually you get a cheap tool or $5 off coupon or they put you in a possibly fictional draw for a chance to win a $500 gift certificate. The whole point of all of it is to get your email address and expose you to more advertisements.

I haven't signed up for it and perhaps an insider might have a different opinion- but IMO- this is just another way to fleece somebody from their hard-earned cash. It benefits only THEM.
    Lincoln AC225 & MigPak 140, Lincoln Magnum SpoolGun, Miller Spectrum 375-X Plasma, Syncrowave 200 TIG, Millermatic 252 MIG, Miller Digital Elite, General 7x12" horiz/vert bandsaw, 3' box/pan brake, 20 ton press, milling machine, 12x28 lathe, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I signed up once, I would never do it again. All of the items in the track club flyers were Chinese junk that no one else wanted. I never bought one thing. At the time I signed up, the membership was only good for one year. Save your money and use it for something you really need.

Post Thanks / Like

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Post Thanks / Like

If you sign up in-store for their emails, you get a dozen or so printable coupons that tend to be somewhat better than their sale prices (e.g. 6" digital calipers for 9.99 when they're on sale for 12.99). I think I've gotten one email sale flier that wasn't published anywhere else (basically a big load of printable coupons), plus every so often they send out 15 or 20 % off one item coupons too. That, of course, is free so its well worth it. I can't imagine the Inside Track thing is 30 bucks better.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's worth it either. You can pretty much always have a 20% off coupon.
    Try these links:
    www.harborfreightusa.com/hotrod
    www.harborfreightusa.com/carcraft

You can print as many as you need!
    I buy all things with these coupons, one at a time.
    Take it to the car then go back in for another thing.
    I used 4 20% and a 25% on new years day. Saved Big Time! Darrell

Post Thanks / Like

You’ve got to spend a lot of money to break even on the $30 fee three or four bucks at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just another way for them to get their hands in your pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree I went to Harbor yesterday and learned of the insider club. Its certainly no bargain. Since I occasionally buy at Harbor i am on their mailing list and email list. I am always getting 20% off coupons. Yesterday I got a $39.95 sale price multifunction tool for $29.95 plus I had a coupon for a free aluminum body 9 led flashlight and it came with batteries it comparable to the small and powerful mag light ( this lil thing will flash blind you).

My thoughts forget the insider club!! Want those discounts and coupons join their mailing lists and search the net for those coupons! You save your money and maybe get some nice freebies
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Post Thanks / Like

Those little LED flashlights are awesome for there size. I’m in charge of tools and test equipment and bought forty of them. The guys reaction was, sure, yeah. Little by little they all came around and now beg for replacements.

Post Thanks / Like

yep for free makes it better bump over spam
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Its my understanding that they are going to STOP sending everybody all of these coupons eventually and the only people that will receive them will be the Inside track members. At least that was the sales pitch they threw at me at my local HF. I had to disincline there request with a smile and went on my merry way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spar-X View Post
    Its my understanding that they are going to STOP sending everybody all of these coupons eventually and the only people that will receive them will be the Inside track members. At least that was the sales pitch they threw at me at my local HF. I had to disincline there request with a smile and went on my merry way.
    They told me the same thing so I told them the day they stop sending me coupons is the day I stop shopping at Harbor Freight.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. I'm still getting the coupons so I don't think I will gamble $30 to see 'specials' on stuff I don't need.

Post Thanks / Like

HF is always advertising in magazines and giving out coupons. If they stop that practice it will really hurts their sales. Many folks are like me I only go there when I have a 20% off coupon or during major sales.

Post Thanks / Like

The guys at my local store said it was really best for people who were there every week or so - highfrequency shoppers.

That said I signed up anyway lol It has paid off in that I just bought a 3 nailer set for half of the usual 100 cost. It goes on sale for 60 or 70 sometimes, so depending on how you figure it this paid for the membership and then some, or it's 1/3.

Some of the comments are from people I'm guessing never shop at HF anyway, so their input isn't really relevant to this thread.

If you have the funds to go shopping and plan to, I think it's a reasonable deal. If I had the money to get all the stuff I'd like to, I'd easily have saved more than the membership fee by now (and it's only about 6 months in.)

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you get though? Regular non members get emailed coupons on a regular basis. Do club members get extra coupons or different ads?

Better yet, is there a reason that a few of us don't just buy one account and share it?

Post Thanks / Like

Always compare the in-store "sale" price with the latest catalog.
    I just used a 20% off coupon for a camaflage winch fall catalog price $59 (my price $47)
    while the in-store "sale" price was $69
    Another strange situation-I received two fall catalogs-with different prices for several items (the winch price was one difference)

Post Thanks / Like

Northern Tool sometimes has the same price weirdness. Their wood-handled timberjack is on sale for $40 online (regular $50) but was $30 in-store (regular $40).

Not moving any big stuff - some 2 foot lengths of pine maybe 15" - 18" in diameter. 30 years ago, I would have simply muscled them around. Now I use more tools and less muscle. Something to do with my back being older - and tied together with titanium hardware.

John

Post Thanks / Like

My wife gave me a membership for Christmas last year. I check the coupons every week or two sent by email and have yet to see anything I've gotta have. It may be worth while if you are looking at a major item where you can save more than the $30 tariff for membership. I won't get another

Post Thanks / Like

I got the "membership" to this club several years ago but deemed it not worth it to me. Mainly the discounts and coupons sent where for items that I didnt need, didnt want to buy or wasnt interested in. It may work for others though depending on what your needs or interests are. I am satisfied with the 20% off coupons that are now available. With them I can basically buy what I need or want with the discount and not wait for the item to go on sale.
    A few of my toys !
    LinuxMint
    Manjaro

Miller Roughneck 2E
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    HTP MTS 160
    Chicago Electric 80amp Inverter
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you can find the coupons in any of the car magazines.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know where to find a currant 20% off coupon on-line? Only thing I can find expired mid Oct.
    Millermatic 251
    Spectrum 300 Plasma
    Everlast PowerTig 250EX
    Everlast PowerCool W300
    Harris / Victor OA
    Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
    ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
    48" Brake
    Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist