Thread: LONGEVITY March Weldingweb Specials! Great Deals!

Post Thanks / Like

LONGEVITY March Weldingweb Specials! Great Deals!

For all forum members!

LONGEVITY Welding will be offering these specials on these machines for the duration of March 2010! All of these machines will still be offered with free shipping included at these very low sale prices!

MODEL: ForceCut LP-50D Pilot Arc

SALE PRICE: $525.00 shipped with a FREE 30 kit of consumables!

(BELOW REGULAR SALE PRICE OF $625.00 WITH NO EXTRA CONSUMABLES! Large Pilot arc consumable 30 kit priced on website for $179.99!)

MODEL: ForceCut LP-60D Plasma Cutter

SALE PRICE: $550.00 shipped with a FREE 30 kit of consumables!

(BELOW REGULAR SALE PRICE OF $649.99 WITH NO EXTRA CONSUMABLES! 60amp 30 kit priced on website for $169.99!)

MODEL: ForceCut LP-70 Plasma Cutter

SALE PRICE: $600.00 shipped with a FREE 30 kit of consumables!

(BELOW REGULAR SALE PRICE OF $699.99 WITH NO EXTRA CONSUMABLES! 70/80amp 30 kit priced on website for $179.99!)

MODEL: WeldMax LC-518D

SALE PRICE: $500.00 shipped with a FREE 30 kit of consumables!

(BELOW REGULAR SALE PRICE OF $600.00 WITH NO EXTRA CONSUMABLES! 60amp consumable 30 kit priced on website for $169.99!)

TERMS OF PURCHASE:
    In order to purchase any of these Items at this special Discount price, you can click on the “NEW OPTION! MAKE US A REASONABLE OFFER” listed on the product pages above, where you must complete the form given including your credit card information. Please include this offer page in the terms of purchase. Your information will be saved and entered into our secure website for processing and shipment. You can also contact us at our toll free # where a phone representative will complete your order at the special forum price given above. This offer will include FREE SHIPPING! Sales TAX will apply to customers located in California. This offer is not valid towards previous orders. This offer will be valid through 03/03/2010 - 03/31/2010 for all forum members. This Discount will not be honored for purchases before 03/03/2010 or after 03/31/2010. Customer purchasing must be a forum member to receive offer pricing. Please refer to our terms and policies listed on our website for Warranty information on these machines.
    Last edited by ZTFab; 12-03-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LONGEVITY March Weldingweb Specials! Great Deals!

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder. March special is still in affect. Let us know if you have any questions. Also, stay tuned for our new line of welders and cutters arriving in about 5 weeks.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wait on my income tax return But may be intrested in a plasma/tig combo that does alluminum and stainless then.
    Century Quick Fix wire welder, Century Infanite Disc Stick welder, Lincoln Pro-Mig 175, Oxy Acetaline torches.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. When uncle sam gives back your money, please give us a call. We are here Monday - Saturday 9AM - 5PM Pacific Time
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I found this site, lots of great info here. I am more of a viewer and not much of a poster because usually somebody has already asked my question, or I am just absorbing information from other peoples experience. I don’t have much experience welding and do not really feel qualified to post on something I don’t know much about. So I saw the great March deals that Longevity is having for forum members, so I joined. I just tried to purchase a machine and they would not sell it to me at the forum price. They said that I had to have at least 10 posts and be a member for at least one month. The terms of purchase they posted in the first post state:

“TERMS OF PURCHASE:
    In order to purchase any of these Items at this special Discount price, you can click on the “NEW OPTION! MAKE US A REASONABLE OFFER” listed on the product pages above, where you must complete the form given including your credit card information. Please include this offer page in the terms of purchase. Your information will be saved and entered into our secure website for processing and shipment. You can also contact us at our toll free # where a phone representative will complete your order at the special forum price given above. This offer will include FREE SHIPPING! Sales TAX will apply to customers located in California. This offer is not valid towards previous orders. This offer will be valid through 03/03/2010 - 03/31/2010 for all forum members. This Discount will not be honored for purchases before 03/03/2010 or after 03/31/2010. Customer purchasing must be a forum member to receive offer pricing. Please refer to our terms and policies listed on our website for Warranty information on these machines.”

I read this 10 times and still don’t see where it says I have to be a member for one month and have at least 10 posts. All I see is that it says it is for all forum members. Oh well.

So I will be making some posts, so that if they have any more sales on equipment that I am interested in later, hopefully I will qualify.
    Thanks
    Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan I would have to agree with you. Nowhere in the ad does it state conditions for Forum Membership. I would get on the phone and call them and point this out and work your way up the chain of supervisor's Somebody should see the light and let you buy one for the sale price. Good luck
    Harold Mulder

Miller 211 Autoset
    HTP 201 Invertig with water cooler
    Hardinge Cataract Quick Change Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Harold,
    Thanks for agreeing with me, and giving me a reason for a second post. Only 8 more to go till I qualify for the sale price.

I did in fact call and the person on the phone spoke with his “supervisor” and then told me that I did not qualify. I am not a troublemaker, so I am not going to really push the issue any further. I did hope that they would sell me the machine I wanted and then modify the conditions, but that is not really my luck. My only real complaint (other than getting all hot and bothered about getting a deal on my first plasma/stick/tig machine and then being denied) was that, like you stated, Nowhere in the ad does it state conditions for Forum Membership.

So, I will get my 10 posts in and wait for another deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nathan211 View Post
    Harold,
    Thanks for agreeing with me, and giving me a reason for a second post. Only 8 more to go till I qualify for the sale price.

I did in fact call and the person on the phone spoke with his “supervisor” and then told me that I did not qualify. I am not a troublemaker, so I am not going to really push the issue any further. I did hope that they would sell me the machine I wanted and then modify the conditions, but that is not really my luck. My only real complaint (other than getting all hot and bothered about getting a deal on my first plasma/stick/tig machine and then being denied) was that, like you stated, Nowhere in the ad does it state conditions for Forum Membership.

So, I will get my 10 posts in and wait for another deal.
    Wow, I'm glad you mentioned this. I was interested in buying a LC-518D and I don't have 10 post's. I'm more of a reader and search user. I guess I need to make some posts or forget about buying it.
    Lincoln ProMig140

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be disappointed if you didn't get a deal right away. My experience has been that if a company can sell a product at a deep discount and stay in business, chances are good they will do it again and again.

I am not a trouble maker either, and I come here every now and then and "absorb" some of the knowledge. Unless I missed something, it seems as if Longevity is coming out with a new line of product in the very near future. Maybe you guys should wait this out and see what the "new"stuff is. It could be that the big sale is on older models that my be discontinued.

Again, I don't know this for sure, but my reading here indicates that the new products will be improved over the previous ones. Again, reading only, I have seen many comments that indicate improvements were in order.

Do your due diligence before spending your money. I won't preach buy American and big brand names because you just don't know where anything is made anymore. I bet I haven't worn a shirt made in America for over 20 years and that's not necessarily by my choice. Yet most of my shirts have given me my money's worth.

I just hope any machinery I buy gives me the same value. To be sure, the real early versions of these Chinese made welders had some problems. I'm becoming convinced that the more they make, the better they get.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the LC-518D was what I was going to get too. I was looking for a plasma cutter and having a machine that will also tig weld would let me experiment with that since I have never tig welded before.

I am not really that disapointed, but the timing was perfect I had the cash and I needed to cut some metal And from what I have read here, LONGEVITY seams to have pretty good machines and very good customer service. I cant really afford a big name brand and it does seem like the LONGEVITY would be a good value, but if anybody has any other suggestions I would check those out also.

I will keep checking (after I have made ten posts) and hopefully catch another deal.

Thanks everybody!
    Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

I might need to get to 10 also. Well here is one. Does not seem to make sense with so many others out there offering similar products. Ebay and plus Bing will get you 8% back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nathan211 View Post
    LONGEVITY seams to have pretty good machines and very good customer service.
    Thanks everybody!
    Nathan

Nathan and longevity I don't mean to bash, but considering the discrepancy between what they posted on the site, and what they told you about the 10 posts/month membership, Not sure I'd consider that "very good customer service". Maybe I have high standards I'm not sure, but I would personally ask the company to hold up to it's end of the deal or find another company to do business with that will.

once again, not bashing or stirring the pot, just throwing in my .02 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Crawford,
    I agree with you! And to be honest, I was hoping that Longevity would read this thread and offer to give me the machine at the advertised price. I do think it is a little strange that they would opt to not sell a machine, and insist that I have 10 posts and be a member of the forums at least one month. I have gone through and read some of thier past posts about specials - none that I have found state the requirements that they are holding me to. I would probably be a little more rude about the whole thing if I didn't still want one of thier machines. But I have been looking an craigslist more, so maybe the right deal will pop up there instead. And I probably should not comment on Longevity customer service since I have not been ALLOWED to be an actual customer yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    considering the discrepancy between what they posted on the site, and what they told you about the 10 posts/month membership, Not sure I'd consider that "very good customer service". Maybe I have high standards I'm not sure, .
    i concur. expecting a dealer to make good on his word certainly isn't anything but modest standards. the normal course of action for a retailer who finds customers using loopholes in the terms, is to honor the terms and then change the them to close that loophole. not the other way around. i hope this isn't the whole story, but if it is, imo longevity should waive this undisclosed 10-post requirement to OP until it has been put it in writing.
    if anyone was unwilling to work, neither should that one eat - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Post Thanks / Like

This is the whole story. I made it a point to post so that others would know. I was actually hoping Longevity would post some additional response in this thread, but obviously they have not and are not all that concerned about it.
    Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan PM to you. Maybe we can get you set up with a decent welder.
    Last edited by Crawford; 03-30-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Crawford

Thanks for looking out for the newbie!!!

Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan,

We have sent you a PM discussing your interest. Please contact us at our toll free # 877-566-4462 to have a live representative set up an order for you at this march discounted price.
    Company policy became in effect mid march, forum specials would not be valid for forum members with minimal or no activity. This company policy consists of a member being an avid poster for at least 1 month with a minimum of 10 posts. Unfortunately, this became in effect mid special which has come into conflict with the terms that we have posted here stating "Customer purchasing must be a forum member to receive offer pricing". LONGEVITY has created the new policy to ensure that we do not get customers who see the offer and become a member of weldingweb for the sole purpose of this special. We will uplift the new policy for the duration of this forum special and will make it clear on the next special that we offer in the terms and policy.

Please contact us for more details on this offer.

Sincerely,

Sales Team
    Toll Free: (877) LONG-INC / (877) 566-4462
    Local Phone: (510) 887-7090
    Fax: (510) 887-7091
    Operating Hours: Monday through Saturday 9AM to 5PM (Pacific Standard Time)
    Last edited by Longevitysales; 03-30-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to let everybody know that Longevity sent me a PM and offered to make an exception for me on the March specials, and I see they also posted that here. I believe it is the right thing for them to do. Thanks for everybody's comments, which I am sure helped them with their decision.

Thanks everybody!
    Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great would love to get honest feedback on the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

glad (but not surprised) they worked with you. looking forward to hear how you like the machine.
    if anyone was unwilling to work, neither should that one eat - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity's customer service treated me very well. They not only told me about this site and the special that is going on, but they also let me know that it was over tomorrow and I needed to hurry to get around the 1 month requirement. I ordered the LP-70, I have the feeling that they will have a long term customer and promoter here. Props guys thx for the service.
    Last edited by michael496; 03-31-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

So I called up Longevity and ordered the Forcecut LP-50D with pilot arc on a Saturday from Jesse. It arrived the next Friday. We played around with some 1/4" plate but got to some real work today.

Here are some cuts on painted 3/8" wall pipe without grinding it first. We cut out a 33x15" door on the firebox for the pit we're bulding and cut up a smaller pipe as well. The sweet spot for a clean cut turned out to be 40 amps on the 3/8". Here are some of the cuts:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05753.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05754.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05763.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05764.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05769.jpg

My wife's first shot at the cutter on some 1/4" plate. She's a natural.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/7...e/dsc05731.jpg

It's a snap to use and makes some really nice cuts. The only thing that might make it easier is the standoff, as we don't seem to have the consistency yet to maintain the right distance for the arc. Definitely a good tool for the price.
    Last edited by bigric; 04-04-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you bigric for the pics! We do have a torch guide for this torch as well as a roller guide for it. Check them out on our website here:

Pilot Arc torch spacer

100/80AMP Torch Spacer

The 100/80amp roller guide will fit on your torch as well. Give us a call if you would like to order one for your plasma cutter.

Thanks again!