+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Welding table picture thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welding table picture thread

kazlx. That's what I envisioned building until my schedule became to packed that it would be winter before I would have time to work on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

LuMax

I just can't get your third photo: 'out of my mind . . .'

8/12/13 was Jack Olsen's last post - so you never read him live.

It's too laborous to find his photo examples in the WWF archive, so I
    reference the most available example of his greater Web presence.

http://themotoringenthusiastjournal....uge_garage.htm

JO's design & craft rank his work within the Pantheon of home garage
    shops.

LuMax don't wait until winter - rent a dump truck now!

Opus

Last edited by OPUS FERRO; 06-26-2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: hyperbo-le, or, hyperbo-less?

Post Thanks / Like

I already did that this spring Opus, what you see left is the keeper stuff. Tossed a half dumpster full, donated the rest.
    I'm renting else I would have cabinets and other storage units up.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump to the top.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller 252
    Miller 250x
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Miller AEAD200 Legend
    Miller 375 Xtreme plasma
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

I made two heavy duty shelves and a custom TIG rod holder for my table. Also added a couple of toolboxes to keep all of the fixturing devices organized.

Never mind the cardboard box, it's long gone.

Post Thanks / Like

"I'd like to get a real nice 6" or 8" post vise"

I was reading some old posts regarding welding benches and saw your line about post vises. I thought I was the only one that new their value when it comes to saving the new style vises from the untimate death by hammer. Contact me ... I have a few post vises. 8" are hard to find 6 there are a few. I have at least (8) 4" right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller 252
    Miller 250x
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Miller AEAD200 Legend
    Miller 375 Xtreme plasma
    Lincoln WeldPak 100
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my table.
    Built for around $40....

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.co...php?f=9&t=5087
    Just a couple welders, big hammers, grinders, and torches.
    Work will free you.
    Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
    Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Post Thanks / Like

There are some great designs and great work in this thread.

Question: what do you guys do with your stinger between welds to avoid accidental arc strikes? Especially with Stick.

I'm working on my skills so i can build my table, need to incorporate whatever seems to work best.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

My welding cart is my welding table, it does what I need for now, I have a 5' x 5' x 1/2" piece of used plate that I have plans for soon. I go for surgery in Feb. for an inguinal hernia operation and as soon as I get the go ahead from the Doc it will be build time.

Name:  IMG_0077.jpg
Views: 13898
Size:  70.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Measure with a micrometre, mark with chalk, cut with a torch.

Never force anything...just get a bigger hammer.

Roy

Old Airco buzz box approx 1974
    Lincoln mig pack 15
    Lincoln 175 square wave
    1954 9" south bend lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Made a mistake when I said it was 1/2 it's only 3/8 but for what I paid for it there is no complaining. In it's former life it was a base for a 60,000volt transformer. That phallic looking thing is is a solid ground post. Think I'll keep it as a place to put my ground clamp...not sure if it's made of brass or copper haven't put a file to it yet.

Name:  IMG_0107.jpg
Views: 13734
Size:  61.9 KBName:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 13686
Size:  65.1 KB
    Last edited by olcarguy; 12-19-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Roy

Lincoln mig pack 15
    Lincoln 175 square wave
    1954 9" south bend lathe

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a dumb question, but the table fixturing clamps and tools, how are they held to the table via through holes? I've knocked acorn clamps around a bit, always thought (assumed) it was something similar but couldn't figure out how it works with a 5/8 through hole. Are there tapped holes in the clamps that are secured with bolts? After looking at the Strong Hand site that is my latest impression. I planned to have a series of 1/2-13 holes and analternate series of 5/8 through holes.
    Last edited by Teggy1; 12-23-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Teggy1 - StrongHand uses several mechanisms for fixturing. Perhaps you are referencing the ball bearing variant? Checkout the description/photos at http://www.stronghandtools.com/build...lock_bolts.php
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks ManoKai.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought th esame set up and I can say it is one of teh best tables on the PLANET. Makes work faster, and more accurate than any other table. With all the doodads, you can make complex weld with no help.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine:

26x48
    1,5" x,125 square tube frame. With Height adjustement (30 and 36") (Never put it at 30" yet)
    3/8" top
    Hole drilled every 6" for clamp.(modified Mastercraft F clamp)
    mig holder and 2 square tube under the top on the other side to slide in my home made break.
    No lower on the other side, so I can place it right over my part washer tub.
    on 4 locking caster wheel.

Vise is removble with wing nut.

Having it for 3years(2 with the 3/8" top) and didn't take time to remove the mill scale yet :|
    Last edited by maxpat82; 12-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.

17. Likes burtonbc1400 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is an ingenious table. bit small but.......https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=758911284119042

Roy

Lincoln mig pack 15
    Lincoln 175 square wave
    1954 9" south bend lathe

19. Likes goggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome setup! Did you get the TMK550, 172 pcs Stronghand accessory kit or did you buy all the accessories separately? That's a fantastic deal with the table and all of that tooling! Thx for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

baileigh has 2 new fixture tables & tooling that will bridge the gap between the Bluco and Buildpro.
    Last edited by Jimmy_pop; 01-05-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_pop View Post
    baileigh has 2 new fixture tables & tooling that will bridge the gap between the Bluco and Buildpro.
    ...but will it bridge the gap in quality? If anyone gets their hands on one; I would appreciate a review!
    I don't post much, but I read this forum every day...

4x8 Bulltear Gantry Kit CNC Plasma
    Hypertherm 85
    Millermatic 251
    Dynasty 350
    Turnpro 7x12 Miter Bandsaw

...one packed garage ><

https://www.facebook.com/ApocalypseFabrication

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, having seen the buildpros in person, not impressed for what they cost...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lister View Post
    ...but will it bridge the gap in quality? If anyone gets their hands on one; I would appreciate a review!
    For the money the BuildPro tables cost, having a one dimensional table leaves alot to be desired. Their tables are not built for industrial use. Building things for Etsy, they are fine.

I don't trust much of anything that Baileigh builds because they have so many items in the wood and metal world that you can't do that many things well. That is just a fact in anything, not just tools. Plus I dont see any Baileigh items in high end shops or defense contractors. BUT judging how the Baileigh fixture table is machined, it looks like a private label table from a higher end mfgr like Siegmund who has their sh!t together. Their tables do not look to be hardened but the fact that their tables are metric on 100mm squares with 28mm holes is not my accident. That has been a standard for a very long time. Having 5 sides to clamp to is a major advantage and, in my opinion, way out of BuildPro's league. Now whether the Baileigh is in Demmeler's league is a different story. But the positives I see in the Baileigh (and I am not a fan of Baileigh) are greatly enhanced by their MSRP pricing, which is VERY competitive. So competitive, If I were a small manufacturer, it makes the Buildpro really look like an even bigger loser of a deal.

I would have really looked hard at the Baileigh had they been available a couple years ago. I contacted Siegmund but they would not give me the time of day. So I bought a 1500x3000 Bluco.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Pop:

I'm familiar with your stronghand review and I've relied on it to NOT purchase a Buildpro. I also have the same view about Baileigh's other products. I will keep my eyes out for other's reviews on the Baileigh, but I greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you!
    I don't post much, but I read this forum every day...

4x8 Bulltear Gantry Kit CNC Plasma
    Hypertherm 85
    Millermatic 251
    Dynasty 350
    Turnpro 7x12 Miter Bandsaw

...one packed garage ><

https://www.facebook.com/ApocalypseFabrication

Post Thanks / Like

@ Teggy1 - Locking schema (PC Bolt) for Bluco's modular fixtures/tables ~
    "Discovery is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought" - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Post Thanks / Like

Jason,

The Baileigh(s) table is pretty new so real world reviews will be scarce for a while. But I can tell you the concept is not new and is proven and works unbelievably well. I use it 5 days a week. I get to design all my own parts so I design in increments of 25mm. Being that the table is on a 100mm grid, as long as you work in increments of 25mm, you dont need to use a tape measure when fixturing on the table. The stops have offset holes that allow you to pickup the "0" "25mm" "50mm" "75mm" and "100mm" locations on the top. Your cuts just jog against the stops. No need to measure anything. Sh!t is square. You would have that same benefit with the Baileigh. And if you needed a longer table, you can bolt an angle to extend the length of the table. The concept is just brilliant.

I don't really see anything wrong with the Baileigh table. Aside from any machining error, the table really cant be anything other than "square". Eventhough the Baileigh table isnt hardened, I dont think splatter is going to collect like a hot roll steel home-made table does. Some of my angles are older Bluco that are not hardened and there are no dingle berries. Ofcourse, if you are welding at 300 amps with a big mig machine, you might collect some. But small 220v migs I doubt are going to degrade the table surface. After speaking with the Bluco engineers, they only recently started hardening everything because they finally perfected the hardening process where it does not effect the accuracy "squareness tolerance" of the table. Makes me think that if Bluco took that long to develop their hardening process, are the competitors process equal?
    http://www.bluco.com/modular-product...es-protection/
    Again, is hardening worth the price difference given the scope of work being done on the table? Back to my assessment that the Baileigh bridges the gap between Bluco and BuildPro but falls very close to bluco on alot of levels.

If I had to really be a dick and split hairs on the Baileigh, they probably use a less expensive steel plate than Bluco. Seems the surface of the Baileigh has pits showing after machining whereas there are none of these on the Bluco.

Bluco

But that type of information you'll never pull out of a Baileigh sales rep, they have no clue.

As far as the tooling, the design of their clamps work very well. They telescope to clamp where ever you need. Same as Bluco.

Their PC bolts are not a design I like. The old Bluco style bolts were round bearings but they got away from that because the acute contact point between a ball bearing and the race on the under side of the welding table was getting pitted from the pressure of the ball bearings. Bluco changed to a wedge style bolt that makes alot more sense. The ball bearings are probably fine, just dont use super human retard strength.

Comparing old Bluco versus new style
    Last edited by Jimmy_pop; 01-06-2015 at 01:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist