Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW LONGEVITY WELDING PROJECT (SMALL TEST WELD TABLE) Using IGBT 200PI Welder Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

NEW LONGEVITY WELDING PROJECT (SMALL TEST WELD TABLE) Using IGBT 200PI Welder Cutter

Hi Guys,

We are working on an in house project for our welding table. Any input will be appreciated. You can see what we have done via this link:

http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum/w...all-200pi.html
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW LONGEVITY WELDING PROJECT (SMALL TEST WELD TABLE) Using IGBT 200PI Welder Cu

post pictures here. I don't want to join another web forum just to see the pics of the welding table project.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW LONGEVITY WELDING PROJECT (SMALL TEST WELD TABLE) Using IGBT 200PI Welder Cu

That is fair. I will gather our work so far and post it on here for everyone's convenience. we have already completed the majority of the table. I will have some pictures here shortly.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

As suggested, we have included information on our latest project.

Some key points
    1. The table will be height adjustable
    2. The table will have a hole (pictured) for us to sweep the slag into the dust pan area. The tray will be held by angle iron.
    3. We plan to add tinted Plexiglas on 3 sides for demoing our equipment.

I will have pictures uploaded for you guys shortly. Look forward to sharing all the crazy features!

We have already cut and welded the legs. We will be updating our project on here as well as on our own welding forum at www.freeweldingforum.com

Here is the video of the cut:

Attached Images Attached Images   
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

We have been busy thus far with the holiday season, so here is an update on the table. We have welded together the legs so far to the table using our ArcMate M200 MIG Welder. Our welder decided to use a MIG because it required less cleaning of the metal. We will use our TIG welders to do the finer work.

He first had to grind the square tubing on all sides before welding the legs to the table. The table is 1/2" thick steel. and will have adjustable height capability.

Any suggestions, our ears our open. The weld pictured is half finished because he did that on all four sides to prevent warping. We have videos which we are putting together for youtube that i will display here.

We would love to hear some opinions!

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on the same sort of project right now... I'm using 1/2" plate 2x3ft and 1-1/2" x 1/8 Sq Tubing fo rmy framework. I'm curious.. what are your plans for wheels / support? Care to share?

Here is mine. Storage space in my garage is at a premium. I need a place to metal prep and weld. Table has a small drawer to hold hand files. Table holds a vise on reciever hitch (shown in stowed position) or a bench grinder.. (shown as small red box in storage postion.) Large purple box is my AC/DC buzzbox welder.

I think I'm going with lockable casters on stems. Curious to know what others are doing.

thanks,
    zip
    Metro Detroit, Michigan USA

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Zipzit,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. What software are you using to create the blueprint? Your table looks like an ideal workstation.

We will have some more updates on our table as well. What are you going to add to the table? We have a lot of ideas but are certainly looking for more!
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

The software is nothing fancy, its an old version of Autocad (Autocad 2000) It's pretty easy to design stuff in 3D space, but I've been using that tool for awhile. My bench is small and compact, but that's what I need. Storage space for me as at a premium.

I'm debating using two wheels and two adjustable posts on the legs, then moving the bench around like a wheelbarrow. I'm just afraid with the buzz box in there it will be too heavy.. I'm guessing 250 lbs or more. What are you guys doing at the bottom of the legs??

thanks,
    zip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Our table will have four legs with wheels at the bottom including the adjustable legs, but we are not planning on putting anything other than the workpiece on top. I will let you know how the legs hold up with mass weight on top.

Also, we should have a video coming shortly. If you have some photos of production, please share them.

Thanks,

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

We finally got a chance to upload some photos of the welding table we are working on. We have attached the legs to the table and we will be attaching the height adjustment square stock and wheels shortly. Here are some photos and a video:

The picture of the welds are welded half way because our welder did not wan to warp the metal. Please let us know what you think. We would love to hear some opinions.
    Last edited by longevity-inc.com; 12-21-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

The welds look great!!
    keith
    The older the boys, the more expensive the TOYS!!
    Previous owned;
    Linde 300 Amp welder
    Miller Gas drv welder, Tumbstone,Dayton
    Miller ac to dc converter,High frequency unit
    Longevity LS60P
    Currrently owned;
    Longevity WeldAll 200PI

Post Thanks / Like

Cripes, how long does it take to build a welding table?!!?!??!?!??
    Nate Sanders

The brokest and slowest fabricator in the U.S. of A!

Post Thanks / Like

The table is not our main priority with the holiday season, so its taking longer than it obviously should, but we will keep updating as we go along.

Happy new year.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

"Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Im just saying, youre showing the capability of your equipment, but youre definately losing my interest real quick.. The welds that are done look good, and it looks as if youve got most if not all parts already cut out and ground the edges with a nice bevel. Most people on here would have this done in a lot less than the 12 days its been since this thread was started..
    Nate Sanders

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we definitely are taking longer than necessary and sorry this effects your buying decision. The project is not a priority as keeping up with orders and customer service during the holidays is. Our in house welder is busy testing machines and making sure they work flawlessly out the door!

Once things slow down a bit, we will move forward with completing the table and showing more videos and pics. The table is standing on four legs, but we will have to proceed after the new year.

Thank you
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

I wasnt putting you or your company/fabricator down, I just dont like to sugar coat anything. Take it as it is I guess, take this as constructive criticism.
    Nate Sanders

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it takes a while to cool between welds.

Got a couple quick questions though:

Did you really just weld (sorta) the vertical legs to the tabletop plate, without any additional supporting structure?

Is this the same welder/fabricator that does your product testing?

I do seem to remember that you did "ask" for comments. Gotta make sure I'm being "politically correct" here.
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    XMT 304 w/714 Feeder & Optima Pulser
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250
    Smith, Harris, Victor O/A
    Smith and Thermco Gas Mixers
    Access to a full fab shop with CNC Plasma, Water Jet, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope your M200 MIG welder performs better then is being demonstrated in the video, because if that is as good as it gets I'd definitely never consider purchasing a unit.
    ESAB Migmaster 250
    Hobart Ironman 230
    Multimatic 215
    TWECO Fabricator 181i & 211i
    HH125EZ - nice little fluxcore only unit

Maxstar 150 STH - very nice

Post Thanks / Like

what's wrong with the way it's performing in the video?
    I think it's doing all right.
    doesn't quite sound like bacon to me, but i think that's more on the welder than the machine not being tuned in properly.
    could be the video sound though.

can't really bash the machine unless you see a picture of the puddle i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Hass,

You're barking up the wrong tree here.

Search the boards (here, Hobart, Miller) and check out Dan's "body of work". Totally unbiased, calls it like he sees it. Has done pre fielding testing on nearly every Hobart welder that's been introduced in the last several years.

Unquestionable credibility.

I didn't question the weld bead posted in the photos (although there's a lot to be said there). I questioned the idea of welding the legs directly to the table. Most experienced fabricators would have built a framework to support the plate and then "tacked" or bolted the plate to the frame. Be interesting to see the final warpage.
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    My little knitting smilie disappeared

I asked her to come back
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Samm,

Looks like it's time to pop some more corn. This could be a good one.

BTW,

Got that first sweater done yet?
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250

Post Thanks / Like

If the big kids could indulge me, are there issues with the bead from the weld to the table top? Not counting not having a frame. We'd been taught to always have some sort of frame be the material steel, wood, whatever then integrate the top into the frame.

As for the MIG demo, to me it didn't sound crisp and sharp. What are the signs in watching the video that gives you the info? What are you looking for in the sound and at the arc?

Thanks,

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Question we know table top is 1/2 " but I did not see what the thickness of the table legs are. The way the ground slant in on the end of the table legs at 45 degrees and welds I wonder what heavy pounding will do over time. The pounding will most likely weaken the welded area. The idea of a frame box around where the leg attaches to the table would have added strength and stability. The foot of a box frame would distribute the stress more evenly.

Didn't it also say that "The table is 1/2" thick steel. and will have adjustable height capability." If the legs are directly welded to the table top how well the well adjust? Are you planning some sort leg in a leg sliding height adjustment or did you decide against making it adjustable?
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.