+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Got A Gripe?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got A Gripe?

Quote Originally Posted by mammaogi View Post
    People who treat their parents poorly. I was sitting in surgeons office waiting room, watching a group of four people, mom and dad, clearly in their eighties or nineties, and two kids- looked to be mid fifties or sixties.
    The parents, while clearly quite old, where all there and not at all confused, they have the misfortune of no longer being able to drive, so the kids transport them to medical appointments.
    Not happily, I have never heard so many little jabs and digs about what an inconvenience it was for them to be there, how they'd had to make arrangements to get time to be there, and the time the wait was taking. The mother has some stomach issue that requires surgery, so here they where.
    I listened in shock as the kids told their parents that "at your age, maybe you shouldn't be wasting the doctors time...." And also that "I'm sure the pain is bearable, it cannot be that bad...."
    These are the people that fed, clothed, wiped their asses, paid their way into adulthood, and they treat them like second class burdens. DISGUSTING
    The final straw for me was when the parents went in for the appointment, and I said casually to the son, "hard to get away from work on a day like this" His response to me was "not really, I'm retired!"
    Makes me sick. Respect your parents, love them, help them. Without them, you wouldn't be here. Pricks!

Ok, better now.
    I would not have let this slide. I'd have gone up to the parents, introduced myself and then offered to chauffeur them for the rest of their lives as long as they agreed to will all their assets to charity.

Pretty sure their young darlings would have changed their tunes, real quick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The last couple of months it seems like it has rained for several days straight during most all of the weekends.
    That has put a hurting on my production for the upcoming year.
    Today was supposed to be sunny 50 degrees and windy.
    No problem. I can deal with wind. At least until the 50 mph gusts knock out power to the neighborhood in the middle of welding.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    The last couple of months it seems like it has rained for several days straight during most all of the weekends.
    That has put a hurting on my production for the upcoming year.
    Today was supposed to be sunny 50 degrees and windy.
    No problem. I can deal with wind. At least until the 50 mph gusts knock out power to the neighborhood in the middle of welding.

Power out here for about 5 hrs today Pat.
    Jerry
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 25 yrs ago

Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by storeman View Post
    Jerry
    I looked on the electric company outage map and it goes from Winchestet on down the Peninsula. I assume it was to yoi as well but you probably have a different electric company

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by storeman View Post
    Jerry
    How was the cruise?

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Not a cruise. 17 days of Hawaiian island hopping. Had a ball but am too old to go towards the Pacific again. 20 hour trips suck, especially returning home. Still had a great time.
    Jerry
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 25 yrs ago

Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

Post Thanks / Like

my gripe; co-workers who are about to retire that neglected their health and pass on to the other side before they collect one pension check.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Post Thanks / Like

my gripe; co-workers who are about to retire that neglected their health and pass on to the other side before they collect one pension check.
    That's one of my biggest fears... to have worked all your life and die a couple of weeks after you retire. I know of couple of friends that had that happen recently. Really SUX...

Post Thanks / Like

JURY DUTY
    I averted it ten years ago when the questionnaire preceded the summons. They asked if I read, write, and understand English. Ten years ago, I answered in crayon: "sum." Asked if there are any ethnic groups I might be prejudiced against. I lied, and found a very long list of ethnic slurs. I made every effort to leave no one out, even French Canadian/English mixed origin. While I doubt anyone believed me, I'm confident they believed that I am a magnificent P.I.theA.

This round the rephrased questionnaire included a summons. I can truthfully say that I deeply resent those who waste my life, court time, and a mountain of public money by committing crimes. I will not be open minded toward these people. Nor will I be sympathetic to those lawyers arguing for a mistrial because the police officer failed to say some magic word. With any luck, I'll be out of the courthouse by 9:30 AM. Ideally I'll go home, not to jail.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    JURY DUTY
    I averted it ten years ago when the questionnaire preceded the summons. They asked if I read, write, and understand English. Ten years ago, I answered in crayon: "sum." Asked if there are any ethnic groups I might be prejudiced against. I lied, and found a very long list of ethnic slurs. I made every effort to leave no one out, even French Canadian/English mixed origin. While I doubt anyone believed me, I'm confident they believed that I am a magnificent P.I.theA.

This round the rephrased questionnaire included a summons. I can truthfully say that I deeply resent those who waste my life, court time, and a mountain of public money by committing crimes. I will not be open minded toward these people. Nor will I be sympathetic to those lawyers arguing for a mistrial because the police officer failed to say some magic word. With any luck, I'll be out of the courthouse by 9:30 AM. Ideally I'll go home, not to jail.

Willie
    If I was a defendant I would rather be judged by someone like you that applies logical, rational thought to the facts of the case instead someone on the jury that found my beard(or other meaningless feature that didn't sit well with him/her) to be associated with a guilty person.

I've never been called and yet a friend has been called twice in the last 10 years... he said this time his reply to every question on the qualification form is going to be "give him the chair!!"
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

Post Thanks / Like

It is my intent to go all Alice's Restaurant on them. My hope is they won't want me.

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL ...........

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it Willie 30 days contempt of court fly's bye fast
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

today's gripe has been an ongoing fight with allstate auto. i got a letter stating my premium was going up because my daughter was residing at my address even though she doesn't drive my vehicle. fast forward to the day she moves out and i'm trying to get the insurance company to reduce my payment. they raised my premium without any input from me but i must supply documentation to prove she's living elsewhere to lower it
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    today's gripe has been an ongoing fight with allstate auto. i got a letter stating my premium was going up because my daughter was residing at my address even though she doesn't drive my vehicle. fast forward to the day she moves out and i'm trying to get the insurance company to reduce my payment. they raised my premium without any input from me but i must supply documentation to prove she's living elsewhere to lower it
    Get your insurance through a independent agent.
    JOHN

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We dumped allstate 4-5 years ago and haven't looked back seems after a longggggg time of paying premiums they wanted to change the game and up premiums.... for no apparent reason other than their corporate policies have changed or something???

Post Thanks / Like

"BEST OFFER" ON FLEABAY

Sometimes ya get a dood that's for real, and the deal is on. Back and forth, you settle on a fair price.

THEN THERE'S THE AZZHOLES THAT USE AUTO DECLINE, OR DON'T RESPOND TILL THE OFFER EXPIRES. FK EM

If you wanna do best offer, the do best offer...……...otherwise just set it up as a "buy it now"

17. Likes Joegreen02, N2 Welding liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist