+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to ESAB's forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to ESAB's forum!

Hello welders!

ESAB is so excited to be a part of this forum and have the opportunity to connect with all of you. This is new for us so please be patient while we get the hang of it, but we just wanted to say how much we are enjoying the activity on the threads some of you have started here so far. We're hoping to help answer your questions, so keep on talking to us!

Meanwhile, here's some information on one of our newest releases:

ESAB Welding & Cutting Products introduces convenient carrying cases for two of its most portable welding and cutting machines, MiniArcŪ 161LTS power source for GTAW/Stick welding and PowerCutŪ 400 manual plasma cutting system. These lightweight, highly portable systems are now more portable than ever, making them ideal for transport on or offsite as the job demands.

Name:  ~4117780.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  42.2 KB

To learn more about this, check out the link here: http://www.esabna.com/us/en/news/lat...e-portable.cfm

We're looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to ESAB's forum!

Thank you DynaSteve! Looking forward to FABTECH again this year!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, yellow!

Any chance that ESAB will ever sell the BuddyArc and BuddyTIG models in the U.S. ?
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!

We have ESAB's at the LWS. I would love to get in on a demo and give one a test drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see an ESAB section here. I've been real happy with what I've used so far.
    Nick

ESAB CaddyTig 2200i
    Powermax 45
    MM140 (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    Hello, yellow!

Any chance that ESAB will ever sell the BuddyArc and BuddyTIG models in the U.S. ?
    Maybe it's here already? (Victor) I am more interested in what is Esab going to do with the Arcmaster line. Sure looks like awesome stuff
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Hey, I forgot to ask, this is the forum where I sign up for the free 50 lb sample cans of Acclaim 7018..... Right?????

No limit???

Steve, you didn't get yours yet??? Man, I'm on my third tin already. These people are great!!! I just keep telling them how much I love the new Acclaim, and I told a bunch of others about it, and they just keep sending it to me. I guess maybe you should post some actual pics of projects, so they can verify you're a welder!!!

But I do love Esab electrodes. And I have a collection of their flow meters too. I think it's great they stand behind their products, offering a lifetime warranty on their torches AND regulators.

I only wish they would redo their torch tip numbering system. Even some of their customer service reps didn't fully understand how to explain it.

Welcome, and I hope to see a lot of activity in this new forum.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the torches and regs. The Oxweld/Purox classic torches are superb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    Hello, yellow!

Hello Oldendum - Sorry it took a bit to respond, but I got an answer for your question. According to one of our product managers, the Buddy Arc/Tig models are not coming to the U.S. at this time. Right now there are no official plans to carry them here in the States. Please let us know if we can help you in any way. Thanks for contributing to our forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. I had a feeling that Thermal Arc had an exclusive with Shanghai WTL for U.S. distribution of similar welders.
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Post Thanks / Like

I think the vid includes your 161 being built, and tested...
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, can't believe I missed the new forum. Prob cuz out does not show up in unread messages via Tapatalk. That feature was disabled to keep the other problem sponsors from getting hit with all the Chicom bashing. Wonder if this forum can be enabled to show I'm the new post feeds?
    I'm a big ESAB fan ever since I got my first L-Tec MM250. Came from a Lincoln 175+ welding with the MM the first few times, I thought it was broken. The arc was so buttery soft and no gun vibration like my Lincoln. Really nice old welder. Came to find out this really soft/Smooth arc was a trait of ESAB welders.
    Currently own 2 ESAB machines, my plasma and the suitcase feeder.. both excellent products. Really glad we got a yellow forum here, it's long overdue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks souththpaw! Glad you found us!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only owned Big Blue before settling on an ESAB Caddy TIG 2200i AC/DC machine. The setup was easy and the machine really has a lot of settings for dialing in the square wave. I am looking forward to running it. The machine came out of the box with some Error codes hard stored in the boards that required me to drop it at my local repair shop for some repairs so I haven't had the chance to really dig in. Anybody else running a similar machine? how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suicideking View Post
    I have only owned Big Blue before settling on an ESAB Caddy TIG 2200i AC/DC machine. The setup was easy and the machine really has a lot of settings for dialing in the square wave. I am looking forward to running it. The machine came out of the box with some Error codes hard stored in the boards that required me to drop it at my local repair shop for some repairs so I haven't had the chance to really dig in. Anybody else running a similar machine? how do you like it?
    Mine was setting around Airgas for a long time.(Sweden model) Had my friend check ,and Airgas's cost was about $2350.00 for the machine only. Got it for $1500 with full warranty.Ft pedal is $475.00, so still under 2g. Have the rest of the stuff anyway. Just running a button control, but it has cool features like two different programming while welding. Also built in repeat mode on 2 step setting. Arc is awesome.. Never welding with finer welding unit. You can throw any machine there is up against it, and it will hold it's own. (With-in it's amp range and out of it too, if the larger machine sticks to 220 amps) Like my friend from Airgas said. if he could just get people to weld with one. it would sell great. We be playing around with Thermal prowaves, Miller Dynasties and Invertec machines for a long time, so we both know what is out there.. I had some of their Sweden made tigs before, and they were quite good.. The tail-out is awesome on AC, along with it's arc starts. Mine only has the manual setting Tungsten Preheat, but works perfect. Guess I could upgrade the software, but not going to change a thing. Welds Perfect. Super smooth AC Quiet too for a inverter..Esab did a great job with this machine..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I am a visual sort of guy and I find the mini photos of the welders not truly inviting.

I would have liked to have seen a full size image of the welder in use at a shop not the show you what you get one.

I have a few Esab products which I like but was a bit disappointed with the start of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikecwik View Post
    I don't know. I am a visual sort of guy and I find the mini photos of the welders not truly inviting.

I would have liked to have seen a full size image of the welder in use at a shop not the show you what you get one.

I have a few Esab products which I like but was a bit disappointed with the start of this thread.
    The caddy unit really fits together neatly with the cooling unit fitting under the machine vs separate on a similar machine like the Dynasty. The advertising/marketing in the states seems nonexistent. The documentation on the web is limited, I was hoping to find some souls (like Brandx here) that have some hours under their belt with the same unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Mine was setting around Airgas for a long time.(Sweden model) Had my friend check ,and Airgas's cost was about $2350.00 for the machine only. Got it for $1500 with full warranty.Ft pedal is $475.00, so still under 2g. Have the rest of the stuff anyway. Just running a button control, but it has cool features like two different programming while welding. Also built in repeat mode on 2 step setting. Arc is awesome.. Never welding with finer welding unit. You can throw any machine there is up against it, and it will hold it's own. (With-in it's amp range and out of it too, if the larger machine sticks to 220 amps) Like my friend from Airgas said. if he could just get people to weld with one. it would sell great. We be playing around with Thermal prowaves, Miller Dynasties and Invertec machines for a long time, so we both know what is out there.. I had some of their Sweden made tigs before, and they were quite good.. The tail-out is awesome on AC, along with it's arc starts. Mine only has the manual setting Tungsten Preheat, but works perfect. Guess I could upgrade the software, but not going to change a thing. Welds Perfect. Super smooth AC Quiet too for a inverter..Esab did a great job with this machine..
    Do you find that ESABs' claim that you can run less peak voltage due to how their machine handles inversion and rectification to be accurate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suicideking View Post
    Do you find that ESABs' claim that you can run less peak voltage due to how their machine handles inversion and rectification to be accurate?
    I would probably have to compare using the same settings between different machines to really get a idea. Once I get my ft pedal, and setup different thickness of aluminum, I will know more about. When you are playing around with wave balance/ freqs/ tungsten types-shapes with a button only, You are going to need more time to see everything. The things that matters to me, does the thing work like a world class tig should? So far, yes. I will say it runs smooth/quiet, and hot,so there is something going on.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Which welding unit should i need to buy for weekly use?

Post Thanks / Like

wow this is an old thread!
    Last edited by Jawslandshark; 02-21-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist