+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simadre CT5200 failure

Post Thanks / Like

Simadre CT5200 failure

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out with my Simadre 3 in 1 machine.
    I was cutting some thin sheet metal with my Simadre CT5200 plasma cutter. When I went to get another pc of sheet metal I found when I returned that the fan was not running anymore.
    I also noticed that the power light was flashing and the power meter was flashing 0 also. Both of these flashes are occurring at a rate of 1 flash per second approximately.
    At this time I get the flashes in all 3 modes. (plasma/TIG/Stick) no arc or any kind.
    I pulled the cover off to look for a fuse but found none. I checked the voltage at both sides of switch and also where the power goes to the main power board after the switch, both were correct.
    There is no visible sign of any failed components, no discoloration on any of the circuit boards nor does it emit any burnt smell.
    I have ensured that all internal connections are secure and connected.

I contacted both the ebay seller and also Simadre directly. The ebay vendor sent me a manual with a crude schematic, Simadre did not reply or offer any help in resolving the issue, all I am hearing from Simadre is the sound of crickets.

I am hoping this is a very simple failure as this machine has less than an hour of total time usage since purchased new. It has never over heated and has only made a few minor weld repairs using the Stick mode and has cut several pc's of sheet metal with the plasma cutter. Although I did purchase a bottle of argon, I have not yet used it for any TIG welding.

If anyone has any ideas of how to track down the problem or a source for a valid schematic for this unit I would greatly appreciate them sharing it with me.

Thank you in advance for your considerations.

-- fonty

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simadre CT5200 failure

Sadly you are probably out of luck with this. Plasma/ welder combos have a bad reputation of dieing.
    Most import units are almost impossible to get service on, and when you do, most times it's seldom cost effective to do so vs buying another unit. These units are generally considered "disposable".

If you are lucky, you are still in warranty and might be able to get some satisfaction that way. However most import sellers are notorious for their poor customer service when issues arise.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Simadre CT5200 failure

I HAD ONE AND IT DID THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOURS!!!

There's no hope man.

Nobody to fix it....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist