Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,276 to 1,292 of 1292

Thread: Blacksmithing and forging

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Vancouver Island Canada
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Let me know if you think @lis2323 needs an intervention. I know where he lives


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225

  2. Likes ronsii, whtbaron liked this post
  3. #1277
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
    Let me know if you think @lis2323 needs an intervention. I know where he lives


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You and me both

  4. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
  5. #1278
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    You and me both
    Sid’s staying. Says he likes the laid back style of my shop better.

    :

  6. Likes whtbaron, ronsii liked this post
  7. #1279
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Sid’s staying. Says he likes the laid back style of my shop better.

    Geeeezzzz!!!! I give my helper a little time off to do a few things and he gets snagged by someone else!!!!!

  8. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
  9. #1280
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Don’t worry guys. No matter how much stuff I sell I will still have lots of “stuff”.

    Maybe I should start a separate thread or post somewhere you guys don’t frequent. Sheesh!

    BTW. I listed my homemade welding bottle cage today...




    :

  10. Likes DavidR8, ronsii liked this post
  11. #1281
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    When it rains, it pours!

    Supposed to take a picture for a customer last night, but forgot. The battery in the camera was charging and by the time I remembered....

    So, today I make sure the battery is good and that I take the camera into the shop with me. Get everything set up and ready to go.... and I forgot to put in the memory card!
    Unbelievable!!

    I pay attention to omens, and that was certainly an omen. So, I put the brackets into the forge to burn off the galvanizing (fans blowing out the window), finished up what little I had to do while that was going on.... and not I'm enjoying a cold beer.

    27 hooks forged and ready for the mail. Missed the USPS deadline by a few minutes, which is par for the course, so everything will go out in tomorrow's mail. Still behind on orders, but I'm slowly making a dent in the backlog.

    25 railroad spikes drilled with a pair of 7/32" holes and ready for forging.

    8 bracket blanks cut from 3x3x1/4 parallel-wall angle iron.

    Tomorrow, I've got a slew of work to do!!

  12. Likes ronsii liked this post
  13. #1282
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    When it rains, it pours!

    Supposed to take a picture for a customer last night, but forgot. The battery in the camera was charging and by the time I remembered....

    So, today I make sure the battery is good and that I take the camera into the shop with me. Get everything set up and ready to go.... and I forgot to put in the memory card!
    Unbelievable!!

    I pay attention to omens, and that was certainly an omen. So, I put the brackets into the forge to burn off the galvanizing (fans blowing out the window), finished up what little I had to do while that was going on.... and not I'm enjoying a cold beer.

    27 hooks forged and ready for the mail. Missed the USPS deadline by a few minutes, which is par for the course, so everything will go out in tomorrow's mail. Still behind on orders, but I'm slowly making a dent in the backlog.

    25 railroad spikes drilled with a pair of 7/32" holes and ready for forging.

    8 bracket blanks cut from 3x3x1/4 parallel-wall angle iron.

    Tomorrow, I've got a slew of work to do!!
    so glad you have orders to fill, Vaughn. That should keep you outta trouble while filling the piggy bank!
    :

  14. Likes ronsii liked this post
  15. #1283
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    2,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    I never thought of building a cage for the O/A bottles.... never had one escape...
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

    Les

  16. Likes VaughnT liked this post
  17. #1284
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    I never thought of building a cage for the O/A bottles.... never had one escape...
    Well..... from the rumors I've heard... he uses it for more than bottles
    Name:  lis2323-bottlecage.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  235.4 KB

  18. Likes whtbaron liked this post
  19. #1285
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    You’re just hurt because he hasn’t written.
    :

  20. Likes ronsii, VaughnT liked this post
  21. #1286
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    You’re just hurt because he hasn’t written.
    He never was much good with pens and pencils....

  22. #1287
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    I actually talked the customer into a waxed finish for that traditional look..... and have been kicking myself ever since. That galvanizing would make a very nice primer for a black finish and I wouldn't be sitting here smelling the fumes from burning it off.

    Name:  IMG_2096.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  106.9 KBName:  IMG_2097.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  90.9 KB

    Such is life, though.

    Only 7 more to go and I can get them out in the mail. Of course, I'll have to work them in as I can. While they are desperate to get them so they can finish their stair railing.... I'm just a wee bit behind and can't afford to put them at the front of the line.

  23. Likes ronsii, whtbaron liked this post
  24. #1288
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    I actually talked the customer into a waxed finish for that traditional look..... and have been kicking myself ever since. That galvanizing would make a very nice primer for a black finish and I wouldn't be sitting here smelling the fumes from burning it off.

    Name:  IMG_2096.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  106.9 KBName:  IMG_2097.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  90.9 KB

    Such is life, though.

    Only 7 more to go and I can get them out in the mail. Of course, I'll have to work them in as I can. While they are desperate to get them so they can finish their stair railing.... I'm just a wee bit behind and can't afford to put them at the front of the line.
    You know there was a movie with Michael Keaton a long time ago...... I'll bet the technology has improved a lot... then you'd have plenty of time to get other things done

  25. #1289
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    2,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Michael who? Is he any relation to Buster Keaton?
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

    Les

  26. Likes ronsii liked this post
  27. #1290
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Michael who? Is he any relation to Buster Keaton?


    Well... he did make a few comedies... I think Buster was funnier though
    Name:  MK22-imdb-com.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  10.4 KB


    This is the film I was referring to in the post earlier
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117108/

  28. #1291
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    2,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    I finished up a handful of crosses today. The two on the left are a little simpler, while the other three have more texture to them.







    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

  29. Likes ronsii, Lis2323, VaughnT, DavidR8 liked this post
  30. #1292
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Blacksmithing and forging

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    I finished up a handful of crosses today. The two on the left are a little simpler, while the other three have more texture to them.







    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Very nice!!!! I really like the look of them


    Have you thought about tyring some of the acid coloring stuff on them to give them some red/blue/orange/green patinas here and there.. or maybe one color on the whole thing??? just an idea... I used some of the stuff one of the guys was selling over on plasma spider site and it worked kinda cool!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,600,667,231.80667 seconds with 14 queries