+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E-J Enterprises in Maryland closed. Any alternatives (Maryland, DC, nVA, sPA, DE)

Post Thanks / Like

E-J Enterprises in Maryland closed. Any alternatives (Maryland, DC, nVA, sPA, DE)

E-J Enterprises was not the cheapest, but they seemed to always have interesting drops of aluminum and stainless.

Seems they auctioned everything off in November. For a low quantity, walk-in purchaser, is there an alternative?
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Miller Multimatic 200
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Maxstar 200DX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-J Enterprises in Maryland closed. Any alternatives (Maryland, DC, nVA, sPA,

Potomac steel south of dc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-J Enterprises in Maryland closed. Any alternatives (Maryland, DC, nVA, sPA,

Replying to my own post
    For stuff like angle iron (say 2x2 or small, Boulevard Sales in Elkridge, MD) is pretty good. The small stuff they keep inside and sell by the foot.

I deal with Potomac all the time for slightly larger quantities. I'm pretty sure they make me pay by the piece. I've been there many a Saturday cutting up 20ft pieces into smaller chunks. The owners there are pretty nice guys but they charge more for drops than others.

BTW, E-J charged $2/lbs for their drops (stainless or aluminum). You can get a whole lot of aluminum for a little cash.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Miller Multimatic 200
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Maxstar 200DX

Post Thanks / Like

Another place in Elkridge, MD is BMG Metals. E-J used to be my place too. I went to BMG for the first time just after Christmas. They sell drops there. However, I was told that they are moving away from that type of business.

mb

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist