+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nesting Software???

Post Thanks / Like

Nesting Software???

Can anyone suggest a free, user friendly nesting program for sheet metal. I have searched the web and found a few complicated, metric only, free trial programs. Any replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Miller TrailBlazer 251
    Miller HF-250-1
    Miller MaxStar 150 STL
    HyperTherm PowerMax 380 plasma
    Lincoln PowerMig 180
    Millermatic 252
    Miller Diversion 180

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nesting Software???

Wagin, my Torchmate software does that but it is very expensive and has a dongle security device to prevent just copying the software willy nilly. If you want good user freindly nesting it isnt going to be cheap and if its cheap it likely wont be much good either. Have a look at the 3D modeling that is available like Alibre and others and give that a go to see if it will do what you need. Sorry I dont have an eisier solution, but thats what I ended up getting to do the art and junk I was tinkering around with before I got sick. Hopes this helps a little anyway.
    Bob
    I'm spending my Kids inheritance, I dont like him that much anyway!!!!!!
    Enuff tools to do the job, enough sense to use em.
    Anybody got a spare set of kidneys? Trade?

Post Thanks / Like

One of our cnc techs owns his own self made cnc and recommends. "Some of the programs are free and other can cost some $$$'$"

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/d...ng-905680.html
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Post Thanks / Like

HVAC duct work programs are very expensive.
    If you can come up with your own drawings MTC has a nesting program That is not to bad.
    It can take a drawing and turn it into code and then make custom cut sheets.
    The shape library and all the hours it took to draw them where the cost is.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using cutlist341, which isn't great, but it works, and it's free.

Allows you to plug in any size piece, set kerf size, plug in any size, quantity, or combination of sheet sizes.
    Also gives you the option of arranging parts manually.

The things I don't like about it include:
    It doesn't work quite right on the computer I'm using. It doesn't want to save to the desktop, and I have to go digging for it. Also, the finished lists don't always save correctly, but that too may be my computer. Lastly, I've had a few times where the program can't find a solution, but arranging parts manually, using their setup, I can make it work (it still accounts for kerfs when arranging parts manually).

If it were more user friendly as far as saving completed lists, I'd be perfectly content with it. It can get to be a pain to use.

If anyone knows of a good one to purchase, I am in the market for one.
    Who is John Galt?

Post Thanks / Like

Go to MTC software.com These guys are a division of Hypertherm.
    They have several nesting programs. They have free trials and can be purchased from any Hypertherm distributor. They offer training and life time support packages on the software they sell. May sell direct also.
    Go to contact page and ask questions

Post Thanks / Like

Great posts, thanks everyone for sharing great ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

i use mynesting.com for nesting (i have tried few different kinds and that one works best for me..

Post Thanks / Like

Wagin,

You're going to be hard pressed to find any free nesting program even worthwhile using. I suggest using SigmaNEST's nesting software. Try it out for free: http://www.sigmanest.com/en-us/Compa...ofileform.aspx then decide for yourself if it's worth the cash (it definitely is even compared to free software out there).

That's my 2 cents, I know in economic times like these its hard to open the pocket book, but for a nesting software that you need to put a lot of trust into, its for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

We just launched a true shape nesting tool, which can import dxf/dwg file and output result in dxf file format.

This tool will give you a result which is optimized to get the best utilization of the materials.

There is no time limit in the tool, and you can layout Max 3 plates once in free, it is very useful and valuable even you didn't pay it. so try it please! and we welcome any feedbacks and suggestions.

http://www.nestprofessor.com/wp-cont...tProfessor.zip

Any feedback, please contact:
    NestProfessor Development Team.
    Nest Professor—- Perfect SDK and tool for nesting
    E-mail: nestprofessor@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nestprofessor View Post
    We just launched a true shape nesting tool, which can import dxf/dwg file and output result in dxf file format.

This tool will give you a result which is optimized to get the best utilization of the materials.

There is no time limit in the tool, and you can layout Max 3 plates once in free, it is very useful and valuable even you didn't pay it. so try it please! and we welcome any feedbacks and suggestions.
    Tried the demo and nested up a few items. It was quick and intuitive. Three free sheets with no time limit is very generous

When I add a new item it really should prompt for the quantity rather defaulting to 20. I'd prefer the default be 1 if I must edit it.

Is there a preview option?

The simplicity of the save option... being automatic is ok but it would be nice to be given the option of choosing a location.

It's a little rough but it's a lot faster to use than my current software. I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

Tell us a little about who you are

Post Thanks / Like

Nice information thank you everyone for this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Nesting Software???

We already improved it a lot since it was released two month ago, we add part/nesting result preview, part boundary checking, batch selection and so on. you can visit our website to download the latest version.

Our website is www.nestprofessor.com, your feedback and suggestion are invaluable for us. Hope to hearing from you!

Quote Originally Posted by forhire View Post
    Tried the demo and nested up a few items. It was quick and intuitive. Three free sheets with no time limit is very generous

When I add a new item it really should prompt for the quantity rather defaulting to 20. I'd prefer the default be 1 if I must edit it.

Is there a preview option?

The simplicity of the save option... being automatic is ok but it would be nice to be given the option of choosing a location.

It's a little rough but it's a lot faster to use than my current software. I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

Tell us a little about who you are

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we released a new version just last week, the default part number is set to 1, part/nesting result preview also is implemented as you expected, we also add some new feature to give user a more kindly interface and operation , and get a higher material utilization with a higher speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we released a new version just last week, the default part number is set to 1, part/nesting result preview also is implemented as you expected, we also add some new feature to give user a more kindly interface and operation , and get a higher material utilization with a higher speed.
    I just downloaded the new version. Thank you for taking my suggestions. The part preview looks GREAT! I also like being able to import multiple files. This version is much more usable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a computer guy at work that has a couple different versions of free ones. We run solidworks dwg editor for drawing parts. He uses Bricscad and I prefer the DWG editor. The 2007 version is the one I like most.

we run in on a plate pro CNC running promotion nest and promotion cut.

Post Thanks / Like

A new version of NestProfessor is released, and the name is renamed to NestLeader, you can download it from http://cutleader.com/Download.php, it would be a more mature product than before, material library management and remnant nesting are supported, it also supports nesting report output.

Post Thanks / Like

Good News!!! You can apply a free nesting software license now! Go to the website www.nestprofessor.com and fill an apply form , That's all!

Hope it can help someone!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Forhire, are you here? Thanks your suggestions before, we like to provide you a free license, would you like to apply it? send us email please if you interest it!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Forhire, are you here? Thanks your suggestions before, we like to provide you a free license, would you like to apply it? send us email please if you interest it!
    Thanks. I'd love a free license. Private message sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the issue that the website couldn't be displayed properly in IE browser, it is fixed and you can apply the license in our website now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Forhire,
    How are finding the program??
    I was quite impressed with the trial but, wondering how the full version is panning out, if you've had time to play that is.
    I've been busy. I'll try to get the full version installed tomorrow and I'll report back.

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to your report.
    I applied for my license today and installed the latest version. You can try it yourself and apply for a license here: http://nestprofessor.com/index_en.php The install runs for a single folder so it's very light weight and won't junk up your machine.

What are you using to nest now? I have we-cim but haven't used it enough to know how to nest.

I've been messing with a deer head off cnczone tonight. Here's my wish list just from messing with this little nest.

1) Scaling of imported parts. These parts need to be scaled about 50%.
    2) Breaking apart drawings that contain multiple parts so the parts can be nested.

If anyone would like to try to nest the same parts in their software for comparisong I've attached the .dxf files I used. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by forhire; 11-17-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry mate, missed your post.
    I'm using Design Edge from Plasmacam, with their nesting plugin.....real nice, all in one system.
    I looked at Nestprofessor but, I really have no need for it.....if I wasn't using what I have, I would have been interested for sure.
    No problem I figured you've been busy. I played with it for a day and it made me get busy and figure out my We-Cim software so I could compare the two. At present I'm using We-Cim as it produces a clean nest that can be exported directly with all my lead ins and such right to gcode. Being that nestprofessor only produces a dxf nest I likely won't use it a whole lot either.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a play with the deer parts.....scaled back and nested in 500 x 400 sheet....in the above post.
    Kinda small? I was going to cut one from 1/4" (6mm).

What was your nest ratio? The best I could get was about 50% if I recall.

I attached a screen shot of your nest for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by forhire; 12-13-2012 at 07:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist