Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Courtenay, B.C
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Hey everyone! Here is where you all can post your oxy-fuel cutting/welding rigs and outfits! Here we can discuss Victor, ESAB, Purox, Harris, Smith, and Many More! Repair Help and everything in between! Plus Specialty torches!

    Hope you enjoy!
    Victor
    Praxair
    Air Liquide
    Miller
    Lincoln Electric

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    This is my Smith Medium duty set. Just finished building the cart. I custom built it to fit the wider propane cylinder. Currently using a Harris oxygen regulator until i get a new T-screw for my Smith. Cylinders 150 cf oxygen and 20 lb propane.

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1438993916302.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  36.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1438993938868.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  40.6 KB
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Weldcraft A-150V
    Smith O/P

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Here's mine: Air Liquide leased bottles, AL regulators, AL/Blueshield medium and heavy duty torches. Home made cart. Notice the lack of chains for securing. I HATE bottles rattling around.:

    Oh and I threw in a pic of my torch holder too. For those "I only have two hands!" Heating jobs.

    #### Sideways photo!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    :

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Courtenay, B.C
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    looks like you both have some good setups!
    thanks for sharing!
    Victor
    Praxair
    Air Liquide
    Miller
    Lincoln Electric

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandWeldingKid View Post
    looks like you both have some good setups!
    thanks for sharing!
    Thanks. I actually have been subscribed to your thread for a long time but i wanted to wait until i finished my cart to post pics of my setup.
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Weldcraft A-150V
    Smith O/P

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Here's mine: Air Liquide leased bottles, AL regulators, AL/Blueshield medium and heavy duty torches. Home made cart. Notice the lack of chains for securing. I HATE bottles rattling around.:

    Oh and I threw in a pic of my torch holder too. For those "I only have two hands!" Heating jobs.

    #### Sideways photo!!!
    Very nice cart. I really like those wheels. Did you make those wheels ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard, WA.
    Posts
    10,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Hereís mine, 31-year old Victor.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Donít pay any attention to me
    Iím just a hobbyist!

    Carl

    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    here's my no frills oxy/acet rig. it's made from 1"x1" square tubes and sheet metal with a lock box in the rear. it's got a mismatched set of victor and oxweld regulators and an ancient victor combo torch for futzing around the shop. for heavy cutting i break out the 48" demo torch. i made the deck a little long to accommodate fire extinguishers and tools/material. for security reasons i never keep the regulator keys with the rig when i leave it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim9 View Post
    Very nice cart. I really like those wheels. Did you make those wheels ?
    Thanks, Tim9. The wheels were from a couple of old hand push cultivators from the farm in the "old days".
    :

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    here's my no frills oxy/acet rig. it's made from 1"x1" square tubes and sheet metal with a lock box in the rear. it's got a mismatched set of victor and oxweld regulators and an ancient victor combo torch for futzing around the shop. for heavy cutting i break out the 48" demo torch. i made the deck a little long to accommodate fire extinguishers and tools/material. for security reasons i never keep the regulator keys with the rig when i leave it.
    I really like your lockable lunch box in the bottom picture. Bet that kept you from getting hungry.
    :

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    One of three sets I own.. I made the cart probably ten or eleven years ago..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Here's mine: Air Liquide leased bottles, AL regulators, AL/Blueshield medium and heavy duty torches. Home made cart. Notice the lack of chains for securing. I HATE bottles rattling around.:

    Oh and I threw in a pic of my torch holder too. For those "I only have two hands!" Heating jobs.

    #### Sideways photo!!!
    I like your cart. I did something similar, and also for holding my torch heads...

    Mine has a 2" square tube trailer hitch receiver type mounting setup. All my blacksmithing stuff is set up that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    6,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I really like your lockable lunch box in the bottom picture. Bet that kept you from getting hungry.
    our guests can make a weapon out of anything so best not to invite problems. the life i save may be my own.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Here's mine
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311052596.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  96.5 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311097511.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  73.6 KB

    Not as nice as others but it works. Wanted to be able to use the hand truck if needed so built essentially a skid that attaches to it. Was kind of a quick throw together cart but the only drawback so far is the stupid tires keep going flat.

    The cutting table has been more useful than I figured except It seems to hold my feeder better than material for cutting. Guess it's time to build another cart.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311274473.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  80.1 KB

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    TOO MANY TOOLS & NO MORE SPACE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    I like your cart. I did something similar, and also for holding my torch heads...

    Mine has a 2" square tube trailer hitch receiver type mounting setup. All my blacksmithing stuff is set up that way.
    I've just been checking out some of your black smithing stuff. NICE work!
    :

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris T. View Post
    Here's mine
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311052596.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  96.5 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311097511.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  73.6 KB

    Not as nice as others but it works. Wanted to be able to use the hand truck if needed so built essentially a skid that attaches to it. Was kind of a quick throw together cart but the only drawback so far is the stupid tires keep going flat.

    The cutting table has been more useful than I figured except It seems to hold my feeder better than material for cutting. Guess it's time to build another cart.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1439311274473.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  80.1 KB

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I really like that cutting table,Chris.

    Here's a pic of my Miller plasma or Maxstar cart I built. You could easily use it for a feeder.

    It has a slightly higher centre of gravity than a fat a$$ed office worker, but is extremely stable.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    :

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    That's really cool. I was having trouble designing something that was not a full blown cart but more of a stand. I will copy that design if you don't mind.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    TOO MANY TOOLS & NO MORE SPACE

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I've just been checking out some of your black smithing stuff. NICE work!
    Thanks! That plasma setup is sweet!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris T. View Post
    That's really cool. I was having trouble designing something that was not a full blown cart but more of a stand. I will copy that design if you don't mind.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'm sure you'll come up with some innovative mods. My feeder is mounted on my homemade cart with the XMT.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    :

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis ,MN
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    There is clever thinking/execution in these pictures.
    Good stuff.
    One size does not fit all.
    Everlast 250EX
    Miller 250 Syncrowave
    Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
    Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
    Grob 18 in Bandsaw
    Greenlee cut off saw
    Sanford surface grinder
    Deckel style Tool cutter grinder
    and 40+ yrs of etc,etc

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    3,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Think I've posted these before, but I'll play...Name:  DSC01966.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  37.5 KBName:  DSC01959.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  44.3 KB
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

    Les

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1444774291791.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  70.1 KB
    Sorry for sideways pic. Just upgraded to a 300cf Oxygen and a 145cf acetylene. The only reason i have the acetylene is because my Dad didnt need and told me i could have it. Now that I've used it, I think I slightly prefer acetylene over propane.
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Weldcraft A-150V
    Smith O/P

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Bellingham, MA
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Here is my setup. I don't use it very often though

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1444775687237.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  40.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1444775698628.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  30.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1444775708521.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  42.6 KB

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    Whtbaron, what do you think about that new Victor torch with the zamak handle? I just picked up a Victor medium duty set but with the order style torch and edge regulators. I opted for it mostly because the medalist series looked a little on the cheesy, light duty side.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    3,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Post Your Oxy-Fuel Outfits!

    The jury is still out on that one. I've just gotten back into OA after a 35 yr hiatus so I need to relearn a lot of what I've forgotten. I've only put one bottle of acetylene through the new torch and I have mixed feelings. My first setup was the Chinese lookalike in the pic, which I still like for welding, but the torch was a worthless piece of junk...notice the discoloration from burnback in the lower tube. I haven't had any problems with edge regulators but being that new I shouldn't have either. They do hold a constant pressure from setting to startup better than the Chinese ones did, but for the money the cheapies did alright once you started working. I find the torch a little hard to set, and it seems to need adjusting as you work... some of that could be me but in one thread OAdoctor remarked that he was having to fix a lot of these, so the problems I am experiencing may not be that rare. I did have an issue with polishing beads left in the handle when it was new, but Victor fixed that on warranty. Some day I might put a coarse tip in this torch for the bigger cruder jobs and get a light duty Smith handle with a fine tip for the detail work.
    Last edited by whtbaron; 10-14-2015 at 12:29 AM.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

    Les

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,606,679,644.68801 seconds with 12 queries