+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: StickWeld 140 AMP Stick Welder IGBT Technology Dual Voltage 110v/220v

Post Thanks / Like

Re: StickWeld 140 AMP Stick Welder IGBT Technology Dual Voltage 110v/220v

There is a 5 year parts and labor warranty on all of our units, if you need any additional information or details on this unit please be sure to give us a call at our toll free number (877)566-4462 to speak with one of our technicians, thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

Best,

DP
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the word doc for this unit, there is a typo.
    Someone needs to change the polarity layout for the electrode.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by skelley521; 09-25-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Semper Fi
    Jesus may have been a Carpenter, but his dad was a Millwright
    " A grinder and a can of paint, will make a welder what he aint' "
    I've done so much, with so little, for so long, that now I can do anything with nothing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for catching the error skelley. We will change and correct the manual on Monday. Our manuals will be revisited shortly as the new website launches.

This change should be made Monday.

Thanks

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same as the everlast 140ST minus the lift arc function? It has identical insides to the everlast unit which I just reviewed. If so, its a nice little machine but needs larger diameter cables and better ground clamp.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

It is not the exact same but there are some similarities between the two units.

Best,

DP
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Made in the same factory??
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Made in the same factory??
    Yes, it is made at the same factory. We originally came out with it several months prior, but they also had ordered the same model with the addition of the tig capability.

Now, our units will also be tig capable. We also got some other models coming similar to theirs and some newer models that no one has yet to see. I would like for you to test the stickweld 250 when it arrives.

Thanks,

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longevity-inc.com View Post
    Yes, it is made at the same factory. We originally came out with it several months prior, but they also had ordered the same model with the addition of the tig capability.

Now, our units will also be tig capable. We also got some other models coming similar to theirs and some newer models that no one has yet to see. I would like for you to test the stickweld 250 when it arrives.

Thanks,

Simon
    I would be happy to take it for a spin and put up my honest/objective review of your machine. Just let me know. The nicest inverter stick machine I have welded with is my Powcon 400SMT. The 200SM stick welds very nicely even though it has no advanced controls like dig or hot start. something to do with it being made specifically for single phase. I have not tried, but have read the Powcons weld even nicer on 3 phase. (of course the company is no longer in business) Definitely better arc characteristics than the Lincoln V205T I have (which has nicer arc characteristics than the 140ST) Not fair to compare it to the Everlast 140ST though as that is a totally different class (price) of machine. .

On a side note, Lincoln claims the V205T runs 6010 rod but unless you are running in the top of the amp range of the rod the arc breaks and goes out very easily... Not very impressive for $4000 Lincoln.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    I would be happy to take it for a spin and put up my honest/objective review of your machine. Just let me know. The nicest inverter stick machine I have welded with is my Powcon 400SMT. The 200SM stick welds very nicely even though it has no advanced controls like dig or hot start. something to do with it being made specifically for single phase. I have not tried, but have read the Powcons weld even nicer on 3 phase. (of course the company is no longer in business) Definitely better arc characteristics than the Lincoln V205T I have (which has nicer arc characteristics than the 140ST) Not fair to compare it to the Everlast 140ST though as that is a totally different class (price) of machine. .

On a side note, Lincoln claims the V205T runs 6010 rod but unless you are running in the top of the amp range of the rod the arc breaks and goes out very easily... Not very impressive for $4000 Lincoln.
    Southpaw,

I think you will be pleasantly impressed with our StickWeld 250 - this model has been tested by our team, our distributors in Latin American countries, and our team in Canada. All have been very impressed thus far. It will definitely run a 6010 rod smoothly! We sold out of these models quickly and the new orders should arrive shortly.

Once they do, the testing will be yours and we will cover all shipping costs for testing. Thank you for the opportunity!

Simon
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering, any idea when the tig capable version of this welder might be available?

Also, if it is tig capable, would it come with a tig torch like the everlast 140st?

I have been thinking about getting the everlast but if longevity is also coming out with something similiar I would like to keep my options open until I know some more about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by btrswt25 View Post
    I was wondering, any idea when the tig capable version of this welder might be available?

Also, if it is tig capable, would it come with a tig torch like the everlast 140st?

I have been thinking about getting the everlast but if longevity is also coming out with something similiar I would like to keep my options open until I know some more about it.
    If you get one, the everlast or if Longevity makes a tig one, see my video on the wrong and correct way to use lift-arc start. I thought it was not working until I saw the right technique for it. It is different from a touch start method of some other brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Why couldn't you tig with the current model? What's different?
    Lincoln Handy mig
    Longevity Stickweld140
    Hobart Handler 210

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loanshark View Post
    Why couldn't you tig with the current model? What's different?
    sure you can TIG with it doing scratch start. Lift Arc just means you don't have to sratch start. just lightly touch and lift the torch to start welding and it will ramp up the power itself. Seems like the Everlast is a better deal right now, same price and you get TIG setup and torch included...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone, I have just received my Stick-weld 140 ! 2 questions, 1st what length are the stinger and ground cords suppose to be ? And does it normally come with a plug for AC ?

Post Thanks / Like

The stickweld 140 leads are short to save on cost. I believe the current length is 3ft each cable. You can purchase longer leads if you wish to do so.

In the future, we will offer longer leads as well, but I am not sure if the price will remain at $229.99
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

What is the max thickness on the 110v for steel and max in 220v steel. Also will it run fine on a honda generator 8750 running watts. Thanks i am looking for a more portable unit for on the job site.
    Thanks Aaron,

Post Thanks / Like

At 110v, you are running about 100amps. The unit has an auto switch inside depending on how it is wired. The maximum thickness on 220v is 3/16", and on 110v you can do about 1/8" - these machines serve a good purpose and fit well in tight places. The generator you have is plenty of power.
    Last edited by longevity-inc.com; 01-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

I was considering ordering a Stickweld 140 for some very light duty/portable applications. However I noticed the photo images of the machine on the Longevity website do not match those in the manual nor any of the demonstration videos on You Tube. Have the specs on this machine been changed?

Post Thanks / Like

They have been changed externally. Also, the model is now operating at 60% duty cycle instead of 35%.

It also works better on 110v than the competitors and our previous model. Comes with a power cord adapter to switch between 110v and 220v.
    LONGEVITY

Post Thanks / Like

Does this welder come with a carying case? I've seen some people say yes, and others say no.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Adam,

This one currently does not come with a case. We do have them available if you wish to purchase one separately. I believe they are around $40 per case.
    Cheers

Phone: 877-566-4462 x 201
    Email: simon@longevity-inc.com
    Web: www.longevity-inc.com

Email for any questions about LONGEVITY!

Post Thanks / Like

using 1/8 inch electrodes this machine can do unlimited thickness with multi pass welds on 220v
    using 3/32 on 110v
    Miller Xmt 350
    Lincoln Ln-25
    Ahp 200x
    Smith Gas Mixer AR/H
    Tig is my Kung Fu
    Throwing down dimes and weaving about
    Instagram http://instagram.com/weldor_wes
    WeldorWes@WcWeldingLLC.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist