+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need pictures turned into steel?

Post Thanks / Like

I need pictures turned into steel?

Guys i have 2 pictures that i would like to have cut out of 14 gauge steel. Size needs to be close to 14" x 14". These are for a headache rack for my brother. My email is ki6chrs@aol.com please send price qoutes as well as drawings that i can look at to decide to do job. The one with the dolphins on it needs all the letters and numbers just like the picture. The other one is a coffee mug and i only need the picture in the center of it the yellow flag. If you need a better picture do a search for USS Santa Fe 763 it is their flag that i want a cut out of. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need pictures turned into steel?

Bump.
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldermike View Post
    Bump.
    I'm faster, '' SPEED BUMP '' WTF is regular '' BUMP '' ???

Oh, here it is, '' www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bump

BUMP to bring up somebody's post typically by posting the word "bump" on a message board Can also stand for Bring Up My Post.''

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there is no interest in your request.
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 25 yrs ago

Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

Post Thanks / Like

I've known guys that do this kind of work before I retired but I've long since lost track of them I suggest you jump in the pickup and drive around to several fab shops in your area. Take along actual size photos of what you want and be willing maybe to let them do it on their own schedule. You might get what you need, particularly if there are some Navy men working there.

Good luck
    Dan

I hope that when i'm dead and gone, people will remember me and think; "Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money!"

Post Thanks / Like

I know a few members here who have CNC plasmas that can probably cut this for you, but don't want to point any fingers in case they simply don't have time right now to take on something like this. Hopefully they will chime in with a quote for you. I know several guys in my area who specialize in this sort of thing. I bet there are guys in your area as well that do CNC plasma, water jet or laser cutting if you look a little bit.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

You posted after me Bob, that was not a speed bump. Speed bumps mean slow down and think about what youre about to do before you look like a meathead. Too late meaty, but i give you an A+ for your ball breaking efforts.
    I hate being bi-polar it's awsome

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldermike View Post
    You posted after me Bob, that was not a speed bump. Speed bumps mean slow down and think about what youre about to do before you look like a meathead. Too late meaty, but i give you an A+ for your ball breaking efforts.
    It's LEGAL, I'M POLISH !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The 14"x14" size limitation may be a factor... those drawings have a lot of fine detail for any cut process. I'm sure they could be simplified enough to cut but it would likely take a graphics guy some time. What about having a sign shop cut them from vinyl?

There is a link to purchase the vector art for the one on the mug on this page.
    http://www.milbadges.com/corps/usa/submarines

The second one may be clean enough to create the vector art from the rastor image. Most any sign shop could likely do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I may make a trip up to a place called laser flex and see what they can do. I appreciate the input and Randy I will consider the vinyl route at least I would only need the basic shape cut out to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't say your location but I think there are many shops that can do that. Two of the shops I frequent in Tucson do it, just bring in the picture. They cut bins of stuff in their spare time, a few weeks ago I picked up some New Mexico flag logos in 3 different sizes. They were pretty cheap too.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big worm View Post
    Thanks guys I may make a trip up to a place called laser flex and see what they can do. I appreciate the input and Randy I will consider the vinyl route at least I would only need the basic shape cut out to do that.
    HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!

There is a guy on here who does UNBELIEVABLE freehand drawing and plasma cutting. He just posted an entry gate artwork sign I think a few weeks ago. Anyone remember who I'm talking about? This would be a breeze for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't do it but I would like to thank your brother for his service to our country.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist