Thread: Welding in Florida?

Post Thanks / Like

Welding in Florida?

I hope this thread finds everyone well. My question to anyone and everyone is this: is there a decent welding industry around Tampa Florida? My fiancee and I are moving to Florida after I'm done welding school in September. I'm trying to align and streamline our move as much as possible.
    I am an ex-marine and a veteran. I worked on CH-53E helicopters as a hydraulics and airframes mechanic. I am no stranger to long days, hard work, or following directions.
    Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all, Marc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welding in Florida?

IT seems to me that with all the boats in Florida I would focus on TIG welding stainless tubing, and or aluminum for all those boats. Boat repairs too.
    There may also be some boat building going on .
    Also I would call or go to the Florida Economic Developement Dept. and find out what the need is for welders. Online?
    I found this online...http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...Y7MR0SG6&ff=39
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 04-05-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    AWS certified welding inspector
    AWS certified welder

Post Thanks / Like

Donald,
    Thank you very much for the help. I'm keeping my eyes open as much as possible. A government job would suit me best but is not a necessity and I realize that EXPERIENCE is at a premium. Thank you for your advice.
    -marc

Post Thanks / Like

If you did aero maintenance in the past there is a huge need for that in south florida alot of retired guys come down this way with big pentions who love 100$ hamburgers. So if your not to rusty in that field I would run that down for sure. If you were on my side of the coast sykorsky has a plant in palm beach county IDK about tampa mostly GA I would imagine. if you could hook into one of the bigger flight schools down that way you may be alright. Seems a sin that your going to tampa when I could riddle of so many aviation places that could use your help on the east coast and northern side of florida but IDK it may be just as active over on the west coast.