Thread: dual output regulator

Post Thanks / Like

dual output regulator

Hello,
    I have a couple flow meters i purchased from ebay. I've been thinking about buying a dual output flow meter but it dawned on me that maybe i could tee the output from the regulator and add the second flow meter from the other regulator and have a dual flow meter. I think it would work my only concern is if the regulator will not allow the volume through. but the cfh scale on the single output meters does go up to 80cfh? so i figure it should handle a tee setup with two 20cfh outputs?
    what do you guys think.

thanks
    Brandon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: dual output regulator

I've never needed more than 15CFH to TIG with, but I have turned my flow meter up past 50 for a second or so when purging the lines. I don't see any issues with it. Please post your findings.

Post Thanks / Like

You won't have any problems running two hoses. I assume that the idea is to be able to back purge. If you have a proper set up with dams, you will be using very little argon with the purge line while welding.
    I apologize if I have misunderstood your application. If you are using the two flow meters for separate processes, you will only be using one at a time anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

yea I just stated 20cfh as a high side. I don't see any reason why it won't work, and yes it is for back purging. one of the flow meter scales is broken so i'll have to see if I can get a new one but I'll let ya all know when I finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the above reply regarding sildenafil was posted by mistake. If it is a shameless attempt for sales.... you are a DB and should be bannned.
    Just my .02 cents