Thread: Sa 200 not starting?

Post Thanks / Like

Sa 200 not starting?

I have a 75' sa 200 black face with a mag, I would always have problems starting it up, I would push the starter button and nothing would happen, no crank, nothing, Id stick my hand right behind the starter button and wiggle the 2 cables behind it I would get it to fire up, until finally one day i wiggled them and the cable tore and broke off, I repaired the little electrical terminals and expected it to fire up and nothing, I grabbed my multi meter and checked to see if there was power coming from both the cables and there was, so Im guessing if my starter button is fried? what do you guys think? thanks fellas!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sa 200 not starting?

sound like that should be problem,, you could take both wire off switch and touch them together should turn over then that switch be problem

Post Thanks / Like

Rewire and get a push button switch from BW

Post Thanks / Like

I trķed touching them together and nothing, anyway else I could do it to crank it? Rewire?

Post Thanks / Like

All the push button does is close the circuit. If it won't do anything when you touch the wires together you either have a bad starter solenoid or a break in the wire somewhere. Have you tried shorting out the starter solenoid with a screw driver to see if it would turn over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I tried to sort out the starter solenoid with a bent welding rod and nothing, I checked the positive and negative connections with my multi meter and I do have power! Anything next? Bad starter? Bad solenoid? Thanks Guys! You guys are awesome