Thread: Fab-Pro welding table?

Post Thanks / Like

Fab-Pro welding table?

Newby question:

Has anyone used the Fab-Pro welding table? Actually, it's a welding table top (the part that holds it up off the floor is extra...!!). It is a 1/2" plate with what appears to be a rather useful hole pattern.

I have a small welding table that I can place this on, but I'm not sure if it is worth the price. They want $865 for a 24"x36"x1/2" top with a set of clamps four clams and pins.

Looks handy - is this something the rest of you use (or something similar)? Are there any other recommendations for similar tops?

Here is a link to their web site: www.fabprotable.com

Thanks,

Beuford

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fab-Pro welding table?

Certiflat and buildpro are others out there.

I built my own for a fraction of the cost, using 3/4x6" x 30" 10 pieces giving me a table length about 6' long spaced the pieces apart evenly giving 3" over hand front and back with 2" over hang on the sides and almost 2" in between.

While not perfectly flat, it is within a 1/16" from end to end.

Flat enough that I will be able to build a more accurate table at a later date, and probably sell this one to finance the whole project.

I do not have the nice holes, but will probably rent a mag drill and do that as well.
    Last edited by thedave1164; 02-22-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    AHP AlphaTIG 200X
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air

Post Thanks / Like

I'm asking because I recently purchased used a 48"L x 30"W x 36"H work table with a 1/2" steel top. It's well made, and flatter than I can measure. However, it seems to me that some of these fixture-type table tops might be a good add-on.

The BuildPro tables are too rich for my blood. The Fab-Pro looks to be a great hobby tabletop due to its angle capabilities, but I'm worried that with 1/2" holes it will be incompatible with common accessories from BuildPro and Certiflat. The Certiflat tables look interesting, and cheaper than the Fab-Pro; however, it is thinner, too.

Still hoping someone can provide input on the Fab-Pro unit...

Beuford

Post Thanks / Like

You could always rent a mag drill and drill properly spaced 5/8" holes in your table, then you would be able to use the strong hand and similar tools.

Heck you could buy a mag drill for the cost of that fab pro table top
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    AHP AlphaTIG 200X
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air