Thread: Need help reviving a dead Miller Dynasty 200DX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help reviving a dead Miller Dynasty 200DX

Any news?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KC130Loadie View Post
    Any news?
    Not really. I'm still really annoyed with being stuck with an expensive boat anchor, so am letting it sit until I'm capable of poking at it without wanting "fix" it with a hammer. I'll probably start poking at it in the next couple weeks, as I need to see if I can recover some of the money I wasted on it.

In the meantime, I'm quite pleased with the Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT that I picked up as its replacement. Likely not as nice a machine as the Miller is, but unlike the Miller it actually works. And has a warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Yea, unfortunately, the "Ill just meet you somewhere" and end up with a dead machine scams are quite common on CL. I've learned the hard way taking someone at their word too. It happens.

PM me your email address and I'll email you a tech manual for it. These machines are very complex, and parts, incredibly expensive. You almost might be better just selling it for parts on eBay. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

The tech manual will guide you thru a quite lengthy pre power check that will involve taking the machine apart to get to the board on the underside of it. You'll need a good multi meter to perform the checks. I'll also email you a testing booklet Miller electric provides to their techs that will show you how to test individual components, and how to identify them. The checks are going to take some time. Doing only part of them is as good as doing none. I've only had one Dynasty 200 in the shop and after finding a couple pretty serious things wrong, I stopped and dealt it to a friend for doing me a favor. I believe he ended up selling it for parts and did very well on it.

Good luck with it.
    Reviving an old thread, because I just acquired a Dynasty 200DX in an auction this weekend. Haven't started troubleshooting yet.
    7A749, could I request a copy of those manuals? Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Thanks all, now back to more reading about this animal...

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a Dynasty 200DX at an auction that is dead just like your old post. My unit was also built in June of 2003. I saw your YouTube video and I share your same electrical engineering background. Were you ever able to repair your unit? Do you know where I can find the MILLER Technical Manual and Testing Booklet? Visually I do not see any burnt components on the circuit boards on the top side of the unit. When powering up, there are no sounds of a relay clicking on or any hum of the transformers.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible for me to get a copy of this tech manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    Yea, unfortunately, the "Ill just meet you somewhere" and end up with a dead machine scams are quite common on CL. I've learned the hard way taking someone at their word too. It happens.

PM me your email address and I'll email you a tech manual for it. These machines are very complex, and parts, incredibly expensive. You almost might be better just selling it for parts on eBay. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it.

The tech manual will guide you thru a quite lengthy pre power check that will involve taking the machine apart to get to the board on the underside of it. You'll need a good multi meter to perform the checks. I'll also email you a testing booklet Miller electric provides to their techs that will show you how to test individual components, and how to identify them. The checks are going to take some time. Doing only part of them is as good as doing none. I've only had one Dynasty 200 in the shop and after finding a couple pretty serious things wrong, I stopped and dealt it to a friend for doing me a favor. I believe he ended up selling it for parts and did very well on it.

Good luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knight2311 View Post
    Is it possible for me to get a copy of this tech manual?
    7A749 does not play here anymore. Too much drama.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist