Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

John they were from my Utility Trailer Tautliner. (Curtainside/Chinatop etc).

Perfect for the tanks. Adjust to fit once and then itís always one hand to secure the overcenter clamp.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Strain relief for input power cord. This way the cart can be pulled without the heavy extension cord pulling on the welder.

Drilled and tapped holes for fire extinguisher mount.

Done.

:

3. Likes Munkul, Equilibrium liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welding carts to me are an opportunity for shop based craftsmen to show off their skills and pride of workmanship. It's ok for home gamers to have four posts and a couple of square shelves for a cart it's a different circumstance.
    When you walk into a pro shop and see an eye popping cart you know top work is done there. Your cart is way cool, alot of thought and work has gone into it. You never get back that time but the result is there for a lifetime for all to see. Really well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    Welding carts to me are an opportunity for shop based craftsmen to show off their skills and pride of workmanship. It's ok for home gamers to have four posts and a couple of square shelves for a cart it's a different circumstance.
    When you walk into a pro shop and see an eye popping cart you know top work is done there. Your cart is way cool, alot of thought and work has gone into it. You never get back that time but the result is there for a lifetime for all to see. Really well done!
    Thank you for the kind words, Woznme!
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  20131227_103109.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  62.3 KBName:  20131227_103034.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  74.3 KBName:  20131227_094458.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  107.1 KBHello everyone. Here is my current cart, I'm in the process of building a new one for my mig, tig and plasma cutter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, went yin and yang with the setup. Lincoln stick and (esentially) Miller mig. Nice little setup though, got most of it covered with those two!

The duality of man.

The cart is actually very slick looking but hidden by the welders, could be the chink in the minimalists armor. Pure function over form (though both are still nice), I'm torn haha.

It's the black paint, btw, that hides the cart (with the lighter colored gear on it). If you'd want to visually highlight your very clean work a brighter color would make quite a difference.

9. Likes Taskman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so very much. It's 5 yrs old and I'm going to work on a new cart. I've been looking for ideas the new cart will have the Hobart Handler 210 MVP and my Hypertherm Powermax 45 and a tig machine (haven't decided which one yet). I know that most of you guy's are professionals. So I'm hoping to learn from you guy's.