+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help Longevity Migweld 140 problem

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help Longevity Migweld 140 problem

I am new to the forum and am hoping someone may be able to help me out. I have a Longevity Migweld 140 and it worked great for the first year or so that I used it and now all of the sudden it will kick my circuit breaker every time I hit the trigger on the gun. Its not my breaker as it is dedicated 20amp and I have also tried several others. I have tried taking all the tension off the wire and tried adjusting wire speed up and down but regardless the second you hit the trigger the machine shuts off (kicks my breaker). I tried calling Longevity but apparently they only have one technician and he never called me after about three weeks of calling them and being told he would be calling me the next day. Never got a call back. The welder is out of warranty and Im just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this type of issue. Im a mechanical engineer so I understand electronics and am pretty good at fixing things, just a little out of my realm with this machine. I am very disappointed with Longevity since I have hardly even used the machine. I just finished my second 2lb spool of wire on it before it crashed out on me. Any thoughts or ideas on what I can do is very much appreciated. I live in Phoenix and may even be willing to take it in if I knew where to go, really hoping its something small that I can fix myself. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help Longevity Migweld 140 problem

There are two members here who had Longevity Stickweld 250s. One of the welders I got to run a couple times. Both welders started losing power. Longevity replaced both welders. But the replacement welders started doing the same thing! I suggest you round file it, and go buy another brand.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

Post Thanks / Like

Take the welder and launch it in the nearest recycling dumpster. It's not worth fixing or the stress your going through. Being a engineer why purchase this welder in the first place?

Just do a search for this manufacturer and you will see enough feedback on this company.

Post Thanks / Like

I did do some research before I bought it and I guess I was fooled by some fake reviews. There were also a lot of youtube reviewers that spoke highly of it however hindsight is 20/20 I guess I should have tried to get onto some welding forums like this to get some real feedback. It welded fine before this happen and was working great for me, I was just hoping I could salvage it with an easy repair. I guess my goal now will be to go leave tons of negative reviews in as many places as possible so others dont end up in my situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a tranformer machine. Shouldn't be that hard to troubleshoot

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Miller Xmt 350
    Lincoln Ln-25
    Ahp 200x
    Smith Gas Mixer AR/H
    Tig is my Kung Fu
    Throwing down dimes and weaving about
    Instagram http://instagram.com/weldor_wes
    WeldorWes@WcWeldingLLC.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist