+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame on you New Holland

Post Thanks / Like

Shame on you New Holland

I made a video about some things wrong with our New Holland tc30. It seems as if no company cares about their customer these days, for example we bought the tractor from a New Holland dealer, and it had the wrong radiator on it. Now they are telling us we need to buy the $800 dollar replacement radiator for the one that was never on there. Also the big thing today is everything "compact", well that's all fine, but when it was designed so it causes more problems than it fixes than its a problem!

My rant video:
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Lincoln Idealarc 250-250 Ac/Dc Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shame on you New Holland

Go green.... nothing runs like a Deere.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. I'm a green guy, but the price was right for this one... Wish we would have Deere!
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

For one, mufflers under the hood have been standard practice for years on compacts and even large tractors and heavy equipment. Nothing new or bad. They do make a vertical muffler option.
    1710 is the same tractor as that TC 30. Looks like you have a transition model. New holland superceeded part numbers sometimes 4 or 5 times a year...so that isn't to big of an issue. Shibaura made these and New Holland rebranded them with new sheet metal mostly, just like John deere did with Yanmar for so many years.

You've got a problem with over heating. That's nothing new either with these size tractors once they get a little scale in the radiators. If the front gets stopped up a little and you are using 5 or 6 foot equipment on a 4 foot size tractor, the tractors will get warm in 100 degree heat we're having in the south. I'd take it to a radiator shop and have them flush it out. You've only got 24 HP if it is a Hydro on the PTO. If you are going with a 5 ft mower which this looks like you are overloading the engine as it is but with your speed.....wow. You need 29-30 pto hp to competently handle 5 foot equipment.

And watching whoever is driving that tractor, it's obvious they shouldn't be on one. You shouldn't ever go that fast using a bushog. Low ground speed, high RPM's make for good rotary cutting practice. With grass that high running like that, a larger tractor would get warm. SLOW down. What seems to be the problem from the evidence presented is poorly trained or inexperienced operators.

Tractors have to run Higher rpm these days to meet emissions and to pass standards. These tractors don't really turn too high. Kubota, JD, and others in this class turn similar rpms.
    Last edited by lugweld; 07-10-2016 at 01:30 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yeah.. I'm a green guy, but the price was right for this one... Wish we would have Deere!
    Well you got the right price but is it worth it ??? You can't win either way . I replaced battery on neighbors 3720 JD, small 25 NF I think. Standard series auto battery was only 375 amps BUT the JD one , same dimensions ,at $35.00 more was 500 amps as the original. Bought the 500 amp JD to match the original, wasn't sure if the 375 would have enough power in cold winter. They all are bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 new holland tractors, a tt75 and boomer 50, they run great no major issues, the tt75 ignition switch gave issues..after 5 years..$22.00 in change to fix.....if you think john deere doesnt have any problems think again, a few farmers I know curse them and the original purchase price and the $$$$$$$$$$$ for replacement parts....if it has the wrong radiator from the factory, the dealer should fix it or go see a lawyer and sue..then they will take notice....diesel engines run better the hotter, so the muffler under the hood isnt an issue...but you cant compare a economical new holland to a top of the line new holland either..deere makes entry level tractors and top of the line models too....the tt75 red lines about 3000rpm and the smaller boomer 50 about 3500...you cant put big 3 point equipment on a small tractor and expect it to do the same as a larger one...
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 07-10-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

TC-30 is a great Small tractor. Only real issue to watch out for is poring the oil in too fast when changing it.. It's also a issue on other models.. It will overload your vent and allow oil to fill the cylinders, and start bending stuff. That truley is a bad design feature.. These are very simple no frills machines, that do a good job at what they are designed for.. Maintenance is very easy to do on them . Shibaura is a great engine etc..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

They all have problems.. Not saying my theories are correct. Thank you for all posting.
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    I have 2 new holland tractors, a tt75 and boomer 50, they run great no major issues, the tt75 ignition switch gave issues..after 5 years..$22.00 in change to fix.....if you think john deere doesnt have any problems think again, a few farmers I know curse them and the original purchase price and the $$$$$$$$$$$ for replacement parts....if it has the wrong radiator from the factory, the dealer should fix it or go see a lawyer and sue..then they will take notice....diesel engines run better the hotter, so the muffler under the hood isnt an issue...but you cant compare a economical new holland to a top of the line new holland either..deere makes entry level tractors and top of the line models too....the tt75 red lines about 3000rpm and the smaller boomer 50 about 3500...you cant put big 3 point equipment on a small tractor and expect it to do the same as a larger one...
    This one has never given big issues, but the small ones still tick you off..
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

So....... like you didn't look under the hood when you bought it (muffler).

I'll give ya the radiator thing, it should be the right radiator.

AND, what did you expect from a tiny tractor trying to run a brush hog. It might run a 4 footer, but don't expect it to run a 6 footer And if it's running at governed speed to run the stuff you're hanging on it, that's the way it was meant to run. It's trying

Want a real tractor, go and buy a good used 100hp tractor. They're pretty cheap, and pretty available almost anywhere. Shouldn't have to pay more than 3500-5000 for one in half way decent shape.
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that wasn't fair, there is a place for the compact tractors. But it's been my experience,,,,,they aren't too good for most things I have to do. I'd like one (once in a while when I'm feeling like it's a PITA to use the large tractors up in the yard), but I usually come to my senses. Just not practical for most operations I have to do. For casual use on small acreage, they're ok though. BUT DON'T EXPECT TO GET A BEAST FROM A GRASSHOPPER.
    "Any day above ground is a good day"

http://www.farmersamm.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Kubota Grand L 3830 HST new in 2006. I have about 600 hours on it now and it's done nothing but be a great tractor. All I've done is the fluid/filter changes. Still has the original battery

Steve

Lincoln SA200 (1966 Redface)
    Lincoln IdealArc 250
    Steve

1990 Miller Dialarc 250
    1993 Miller Maxstar 140 STR
    2015 Lincoln MP210
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Redface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    So....... like you didn't look under the hood when you bought it (muffler).

I'll give ya the radiator thing, it should be the right radiator.

AND, what did you expect from a tiny tractor trying to run a brush hog. It might run a 4 footer, but don't expect it to run a 6 footer And if it's running at governed speed to run the stuff you're hanging on it, that's the way it was meant to run. It's trying

Want a real tractor, go and buy a good used 100hp tractor. They're pretty cheap, and pretty available almost anywhere. Shouldn't have to pay more than 3500-5000 for one in half way decent shape.
    Yeah we did look under the hood, but never noticed it would mess with stuff until we ran a brush hog in 105 degrees heat!

We looked at bigger tractors but decided that we didn't need something that took up the whole shed, and like you said in your other comment compact tractors have their place...

Also many have questioned the brush hog, and yes its probably to big for the tractor, but it came with the tractor and couldn't take it without (were not lowering the price) ...

Back story on the tractor is that we bought it from a dealer because someone couldn't pay their payments (other person only had it for 1 1/2 or 2 years) , we picked that one because it only had like 75 hours on it and everything was taken care of (no paint was missing from the bucket and practically no scratches. Thats changed now). It does what we need, and does it just fine, but there are just a few thing I personally would change.
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    I bought my Kubota Grand L 3830 HST new in 2006. I have about 600 hours on it now and it's done nothing but be a great tractor. All I've done is the fluid/filter changes. Still has the original battery

Steve

Lincoln SA200 (1966 Redface)
    Lincoln IdealArc 250
    Neighbor has the same one and has beat it to hell, but still is going!
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Canoecruiser View Post
    I have a NH T1520, 28 HP at the PTO with older styling but similar to the Boomer series mechanically. These are no-frills light-duty tractors. The 5000 lb 45 PTO HP Minneapolis-Moline I had was built to run against the governor non-stop, and often did. The 2400 lb class NH machines aren't made for continuous severe service....they're intended for gardening (not "farming" on a daily basis), mowing ball fields, big yards, occasional material handling with a loader on the front and so forth. To attach a backhoe, it needs a subframe for reinforcement; it doesn't have a heavy frame allowing use of a 3-point hitch style. Mine pulls a 6 foot finish mower with adequate power. The 6 ft. Bush Hog that was on the Mini-Mo would be an unreasonable strain for the NH and I never tried. But mine had been trouble-free and except for really cold days (when I wished I'd popped for a cab-type) it fits the need.

How many hours and years on your machine?

I agree with Lugweld....take the radiator to a radiator shop. I had a Honda Civic rad scale up and the radiator was cheap enough to replace. But he built custom stuff for surprisingly reasonable prices, and if you do need a new one, they could build you two or three for what you were quoted (they are dead-butt simple designs).
    The tractor is from 07 I believe, and I think it has 400-450 hours on it.
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Neighbor has the same one and has beat it to hell, but still is going!
    Some guys can break an anvil with a rubber hammer in a sandbox!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Steve

1990 Miller Dialarc 250
    1993 Miller Maxstar 140 STR
    2015 Lincoln MP210
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Redface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersamm View Post
    For casual use on small acreage, they're ok though. BUT DON'T EXPECT TO GET A BEAST FROM A GRASSHOPPER.
    They are more then OK, they are better most of the time.. The TC-30 will run a 5 ft brush hog just fine.. Same with a nice designed blade.. It will get to places like in a back yard, and will get through a 5 ft gate.. They can be a money maker because of their size.... Made some good money with mine removing oil tanks. No bigger tractor would of fit, and you would of used a shovel.. Easy $1000.00 days.. Really makes that size awesome.. 5 ft open back road grader twin blade in 5 ft is great too.. I could carry a backhoe, grader blade,three point auger, brush hog, tractor on my 10,000 GVW trailer.. with my dually f-350 dump.. Talk about a nice easy to move/ setup. No farm plate, or truck plates either.. Meaning a $5 trip permit and be legal anywhere in this state... all for car tag prices.. $42.00 a year..
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

thats freakin funny....

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding, kinda like how he flipped in in a pond 2 times!
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    They are more then OK, they are better most of the time.. The TC-30 will run a 5 ft brush hog just fine.. Same with a nice designed blade.. It will get to places like in a back yard, and will get through a 5 ft gate.. They can be a money maker because of their size.... Made some good money with mine removing oil tanks. No bigger tractor would of fit, and you would of used a shovel.. Easy $1000.00 days.. Really makes that size awesome.. 5 ft open back road grader twin blade in 5 ft is great too.. I could carry a backhoe, grader blade,three point auger, brush hog, tractor on my 10,000 GVW trailer.. with my dually f-350 dump.. Talk about a nice easy to move/ setup. No farm plate, or truck plates either.. Meaning a $5 trip permit and be legal anywhere in this state... all for car tag prices.. $42.00 a year..
    Yeah, like I said they all have their place. One thing I like about compact tractors is getting into tight places is easier like you said...
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Hey could you open up the hood and picture of the motor and radiator? Just want to see if radiator is any different.. Thanks!
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Miller Bobcat 225g Plus
    Lincoln PowerMig 200

Forney O/A Rig

Post Thanks / Like

Hey could you open up the hood and picture of the motor and radiator? Just want to see if radiator is any different.. Thanks!
    Sold the tractor to my Sister..80 miles away now.. Close to the same year too.. dang... I might have one in a file on this computer? I will look around for a pic..
    Last edited by Brand X; 07-14-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the 4 frame bolts up front tight all the time, they loosen up. The TC30 may not be OK with that backhoe unless the frame of it takes the stress. Our TC30 literally broke in half at the engine, pretty much totalling it. We had a lot of different drivers on it, and it didn't have a gentle life. We bought the next bigger model, which seems a lot beefier.

Post Thanks / Like

depending on the 3 point style(there are different designs on them) and how you use it,it can work OK.. I bought a sub frame kit for mine,($100) but it did not come with any brackets..(Designed my own, and locked solid at the back. Pinned, and could not move) Made by the same company that builds them for New Holland..(Rhino) I never had one bolt loosen up on my setup.(Grade #5) Was perfect, and still is.. I used the three point pump/large tank on mine. I liked it better then messing with the way New Holland does it.. Keeps all the oil temps down, and free of contamination too.

PS.. 600 hour service is time to check your valve lash... Look for the service bulletin on filling the engine oil. That will break you tractor quicker then anything else. Affects the TC-40 and others too..
    Last edited by Brand X; 08-13-2016 at 02:13 AM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

The older model had no fill port up front,only on the valve cover.. That was done after the recall/etc.. Mine was a manual trans model. Clutch went out at 50 hours so everything got tightened again.. Never had a issue since.. I tried to get the girlfriend to by a TYM, because they were awesome units in the bit larger size tractor. Anyway, I ended up with gear TC-30, and I think it's perfect, simple no frill tractor. No cup holder or anything.. Had R-4 on this one.. Best around here..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist