+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Longevity force cut 50d plasma NEED REPAIR HELP PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity force cut 50d plasma NEED REPAIR HELP PLEASE

Hi everyone this is my 1st post on the forum. I need some help fixing my longevity forcecut 50d.
    stopped working when you turn the power on the fan comes on and nothing else works no display.
    So i took a look inside there are no led's lit on the control board and nothing appears to be burnt on the boards
    what i did find is that there are 2 small transformers bolted to the back case behind the air water seperator.
    The top one is burnt i tested it and there is 220vac in and 0 out i also did a continuity test and there is no continuity on the high side the low side has a pair of white twisted wires that go to the control board.it said 220v 17v on it and some chinese writing ,i tried to wipe it off and all the writing came off
    the lower one is wired direct to the in side of the power switch and when i plug the cord in i can hear a relay click on the lower board but it also appears burnt on the in side of that one there are 5 pins with jumpers from 1-2 and 4-5 and the 1-2 jumper is burnt off.

can anyone tell me what the transformers are for and what will work for replacements and where to get them.
    and what might have caused them to burn out? Thanks JeffName:  plasma 017.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  75.2 KBName:  plasma 001.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  80.0 KBName:  plasma 002.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  54.7 KBName:  plasma 006.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  81.3 KBName:  plasma 008.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  79.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longevity force cut 50d plasma NEED REPAIR HELP PLEASE

Call Longevity and see if they have the board with the bad relay and a transformer. That don't mean it will fix it but it will be a start.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Hi george the 2 transformers on this cutter are not on a board they are on the case and i did call Longevity the tech said he really didnt have the info on my machine and he was going to look into it and call me back.when i got a call back they quoted me a price of $240 for one transformer and that there might be other issues and quoted me a price on a new machine.
    My goal is not only to fix my cutter but learn something in the process.
    I have been looking at transformers and it seems that they are low voltage signal transformers.
    I think if the top one supplies power to the top control board that might be my problem.
    And if it does supply power to the board, what voltage does the board need to turn on?
    Name:  plasma 009.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  45.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

JeffG

Give Jesse a call tomorrow morning and see how he can help out. You can email him at tech@lwelds.com as well in case you want to send photos and description. We will do our best to help.

Thanks
    LONGEVITY
    Phone: 877-566-4462

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone just wanted to update everyone that Longevity did contact me to let me know that they did locate some used transformers for me. So after speaking with the tech i decided not to fix my old cutter ,I just dont know if there might also be something else it may need to get it working.They offered me a good deal on a new forcecut 40d with the new style torch.
    The customer service there is great there is always a real person to speak to and now a days that is hard to find.
    Cant wait to get the new cutter and try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg123 View Post
    ... they quoted me a price of $240 for one transformer...
    Please tell me that's a mistake. They didn't really quote you $240 for a ~$20 retail transformer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg123 View Post
    Hi everyone just wanted to update everyone that Longevity did contact me to let me know that they did locate some used transformers for me. So after speaking with the tech i decided not to fix my old cutter ,I just dont know if there might also be something else it may need to get it working.They offered me a good deal on a new forcecut 40d with the new style torch.
    The customer service there is great there is always a real person to speak to and now a days that is hard to find.
    Cant wait to get the new cutter and try it out.
    So why did you call me and give me a bull $hit sorry. When this one takes a crap don't call me next time.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist